Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 45107 times)

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
Re: Aira's Playing (Farming Valley #11: The Cafe)
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2017, 03:17:20 pm »

Have you done any games with TerraFirmaCraft?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Farming Valley #12: Renovations and Discoveries)
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2017, 01:41:11 pm »

Forgive me for doing Farming Valley again (and also for being a day late - this past week was a little rough), but Episode 12 is considerably less whiny and a lot more fun!

Jar of Jam: Yeah, I've tried it. I love the idea of it, but in practice I never last long before I shout TOO COMPLICATED! and retreat back to Sky Factory or something. I would probably be up for playing a TerraFirmaPunk LP if it was multiplayer and a very patient expert in the mod was there to walk me through everything.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2017, 04:14:35 pm »

The light level overlay was a feature of NEI that didn't make it into JEI. You could install Just Enough Buttons or  Light Level Overlay Reloaded to get a similar feature.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2017, 02:59:04 am »

Someone pointed me to more overlays, which adds the F7 functionality. It's not in the next video but it should be there after that. What a huge difference it makes!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley #46: So Much Productivity!)
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2017, 11:27:35 am »

Time for Episode 46 of Stardew Valley, wherein I try to actually plan out my day in advance, and very nearly succeed.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Farming Valley #13: An Almost Adventure)
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2017, 12:23:05 pm »

In Episode 13 of Farming Valley, I kind of sort of almost have an adventure?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Aira's Playing (Farming Valley #13: An Almost Adventure)
« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »

Have you played UnrealWorld? I think it might be up your alley :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Hermitpack With Mom #21: Mushroom Madness)
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2017, 11:57:36 am »

I used to play that, ages ago. It was fun for a while, but it got stale pretty quickly. When winter came, I either died immediately or just had nothing to do.

In other news, mom and I have fun with mushrooms and play around in the nether in Episode 21 of the Hermitpack!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:09 pm »

Give ECO a try after they fix farming. At least read up on it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2017, 09:27:08 pm »

I'm on episode 7 of your Stardew Valley playthrough, and I'm torn. On one hand, I'm crazy jealous of how productive you're managing to be on given days even without really fixed plans, but on the other I wanna do the proverbial yelling at the screen when ya miss stuff off on the edges. I'm actually pretty sure those two things are related, though, since I'm endlessly getting led off down rabbit paths by foraging...

In any case, it's something passively engaging to watch while I knit, so thanks for doing it. :)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2017, 01:44:24 am »

BigD145: Are you referring to this game? A cursory glance has me interested. I'll look into it.

E. Albright: Thanks for watching! I know it can be frustrating to watch a video and see things the player doesn't (drives me nuts whenever I watch another let's player). But I'm afraid it's unavoidable. When you make a video, not only do you have to pay attention to the game, you have to pay attention to what you're saying and try to be at least somewhat entertaining. That occupies a lot of your brain power. Ever watch someone trying to drive while talking on the phone? They think they're doing fine, but they are NOT. Gaming while recording is the same deal, really. There's also the simple fact that it's recorded and since you're not playing, your eyes are free to wander around on the screen. It's quite likely that when you play, you make similar mistakes, it's just that there's no way to prove it because you're not recording. :D

I'm glad you enjoy the videos, though. Any likes, comments on the video, etc. are much appreciated - I hate begging for that stuff, but without it I can never find new viewers. The more popular a video is, the more likely it is to pop up in search results, and there's a lot of competition out there! I'd also be very grateful if you'd pass the videos along to others who might enjoy them. :)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2017, 04:13:47 pm »

Announcement: I have a new Twitter account just for games and YouTube. I was getting a little sick of all the politics on my old account, plus my username included part of my real name, which isn't ideal. The new one is @AiraPlaysGames, if anyone cares to follow!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2017, 05:23:50 pm »

I used to play that, ages ago. It was fun for a while, but it got stale pretty quickly. When winter came, I either died immediately or just had nothing to do.

You might want to give it another try. The latest updates have added quite a bit, including more interactions with and quests for the villages.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2017, 03:11:09 am »

You might want to give it another try. The latest updates have added quite a bit, including more interactions with and quests for the villages.

Good to know! I'll keep it in mind. Always good to try something different and revisit old things to see how they've grown.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley #47: Not Quite an Octopus)
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:12 am »

In Episode 47 of Stardew Valley, I get a lot of stuff done, including some fishing and some making of friends.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25