Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 45090 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Minecraft With Mom: Back to School!)
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2016, 02:41:01 am »

Thanks guys. :) I do enjoy making these but they take a lot of time and energy, so if no one was watching I might stop making them for the time being. But as long as they're not going to waste, I'll keep at it when I can. ;)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Minecraft With Mom: Back to School! - Episode 3)
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2016, 05:46:16 am »

Episode 3!

The search for spruce saplings continues, creepers explode, spiders bite, zombies moan, and we find cool stuff. How many times will mom die? Watch and find out!

By the way, does anyone know of a good voice chat program that doesn't use up all your bandwidth? We've tried Skype and the Facebook chat (which is still just skype I guess) and my connection is so bad that we couldn't play at all (I couldn't even connect). We had to play without voice chat last time. I know TeamSpeak exists but I think you need to pay for a private channel or something don't you? Is there another good free one? I'm pretty sure Skype sucks up all your bandwidth. Also it causes all kinds of horrible background noises.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2016, 06:18:24 am »

You can run a teamspeak server for up to thirty people for free. You can drop the bandwidth use at the cost of quality. I can't compare quality with other programs because most of my family have crap mics and lots of echo.

Ventrillo has something similar but I don't know the terms of the free server or how it compares to teamspeak.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2016, 07:10:28 am »

Is it faster to use a server for just two people? Seems like that would create more lag in an already extremely laggy situation, though I am far from an expert. Is there another program that just lets us talk to each other directly? It's only the two of us.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2016, 08:40:08 am »

With just two people, it makes no difference. You wont use any bandwidth to talk to the server because its on your computer, your mom will use bandwidth. Which can be as low as 3kb/s if you turn the quality all the way down, and will only be used when one of you is talking.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2016, 09:57:43 am »

That sounds pretty good. My mom will have to run the server - I have a max upload speed of 10 kbps and I need that for the game. She does the server side of everything because she's got cable. I don't know how to measure how much bandwidth Skype takes up, but with it running, I can't even connect to her, but without it running, I can play with almost no lag. So... I'm thinking "a lot". Facebook is the same. I know is my maximum download speed is between 200 and 300 kbps depending on how mischievous the local ISP demons are feeling. But I suspect it's the upload speed that's the bigger problem.

Of course, if the quality is too low, that might be a new problem, since I record for the videos and whatnot. But we can experiment with it and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for the info.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Episode 4 - Boats!

Episode 4

Turns out mom is afraid of water. Including video game water. And none of us would be so heartless as to laugh at her wigging out over droplets of blue pixels. Right?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some people fear the size and vastness of water bodies. That doesn't seem to be your mom.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

She seems to fear... Blue pixels?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She seems to fear... Blue pixels?

Fear of the dark?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Episode 5

Mom and I finally go to the Nether. Mom wants to stay a while. What could possibly go wrong?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

The school year is nearly over, which for us teachers means nothing but chaos and hell right up until the last day. My brain is too fried to do anything complicated, so I'm taking solace in the mindless grind of Minecraft: Sky Factory 2.5.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Aira's Playing (Minecraft: Sky Factory 2.5)
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2016, 06:57:07 am »

Did you place the chest then the hopper? You also need to actually point the cursor onto the chest when you place the hopper if you want it feeding in, obviously the chest will just open when you right click it, so you need to hold shift.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley 1.1)
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2016, 02:27:44 am »

Oh man, it's been a while, eh? I haven't had much time for games and especially not for editing, but I'm going to try this for a while, just short 1-day-each episodes of the new patch of Stardew Valley. I'm playing a dwarfy character on the hill-top map. Suggestions are welcome.

Episode 1

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley 1.1 - Ep 2)
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2016, 06:11:36 am »

I've decided to go with a new episode every day, as long as I'm able to keep up with it. Wish me luck!

Episode 2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25