Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered  (Read 10219 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2015, 05:51:37 pm »

Oriana gets up from where she was, and follows Eileen.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »

"Well my goal will help ya', permission or no, but I'll pay me respects 'fore I start asking."

Kas inclined his head slightly for the sailor to lead the way, but then hesitates for a moment.

"Thanks for that then. Wouldn't have wanted anyone to get hurt." - It sounds as sincere as any noble has ever managed.

(( Narrow recovery there :P ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2015, 05:54:22 pm »

Action: Reconvene with Oriana, and onward

Oriana gets up from where she was, and follows Eileen.

You follow the directions down the street, and soon find yourself within the grounds of Golham University. Passing through a tall gate, you head past the stables and wagon-house towards the main buildings.

Three large buildings surround a paved square, with a statue of some philosopher or inventor sitting in the centre. Two of the buildings are newer, but even so, the heavy, red bricks are dulled with age and grime. Small windows - too small to climb through, Eleen notes absently - cover the buildings like eyes on a gaze-eel. The third building is hewn of vast stone blocks, ornate with gargoyles and carvings. People move between all three, some of them giving you looks. You don't seem like normal students, after all...

"Well my goal will help ya', permission or no, but I'll pay me respects 'fore I start asking."

Kas inclined his head slightly for the sailor to lead the way, but then hesitates for a moment.

"Thanks for that then. Wouldn't have wanted anyone to get hurt." - It sounds as sincere as any noble has ever managed.

(( Narrow recovery there :P ))

The sailor leads you onto the deck, and knocks respectivefully on the cabin door.
"Cap'n?" he calls. "Got a man, here. Thinking himself a hunter."
"Come in," coems the reply, and the sailor opens the door and waves you in, waiting outside.

The cabin is cool and dark, the curtains drawn across the window. The only light comes from a lantern that sways almost imperceptibly with the waves on its hook in the ceiling. The shadows dance over a shelves of books, a wooden bar preventing them from spilling in a squall, and paintings attached securely to the wall.

The captain is a burly man, with a thick beard spilling over the chest of his fine clothes. His head is bald as an egg, and he looks up from the papers on his desk through thick spectacles. You notice the sabre, sheathed, leaning next to his chair.
"Am I to assume you are after the beasts?" he starts without preamble.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2015, 06:19:25 pm »

"Starting to get the evil eye..." Eleen grumbled. Trying not glare back aggressively.

"Let's go and get this over with."

Action: To the building with the marble statues!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2015, 06:22:26 pm »

"Really? I didn't notice. But yeah, let's go." Onward!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »

"Freshet, you've gotta be careful where you step around here...like...I suppose..bears make markings in trees, and you know to be careful around their territory, right? Something like that.

People do the same thing, but it's more body language. You can tell when you're not wanted, by how people look at you. Watch from the corner of your eyes, and keep your chin up. You walk down the wrong street in some places looking like prey, you'll end up serving the Mud King...we've ought' to fear from these booklearners, anyway, but it's a good skill to learn.'
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »

"...It is a very good thing I decided come with ya instead of going alone."
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2015, 06:54:30 pm »

"Not hard to agree with that. You're a pretty thing, and that attracts the worst sort of attention-ugly and mean folks like to break mirrors cause they can't stand their own reflections, and they feel the same way anybody that looks or acts better than them." Eleen said, as a odd sort of compliment.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2015, 06:59:06 pm »

"Must be dangerous for ya, then." Oriana says, as a return-compliment.
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 07:08:24 pm »

"Nay, I get it backwards, Oriana-all the danger, and none of the looks." She says, with a rough laugh.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 07:12:08 pm »

"You don't give yourself enough credit. Really."
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 07:27:23 pm »

"It's just-I can't see myself that way...not anymore. I've seen too much of the bad edges, to have lived through 'em. The whole world looks ugly to me, a'time-like I see everything through a dark glass, say sorry-no more lights for me-a part of me will always be dark and cold. Nothing like seeing yourself at your absolute worst to take the shine off your apple."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2015, 07:34:44 pm »

Oriana re-focuses on the road. She would say something reassuring but... what? She's just some girl from the country. What could she say to that?
Sigtext!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:08 am »

"Aye sir. I'm hoping you and your crew can give me a tale. The true one, I'd prefer."

Kas stays near the door, standing in what he hoped seemed a relaxed posture. Still, his eyes darted around the room, scanning for details such as any of the more interesting book titles, or known faces in the portraits.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2015, 07:24:32 pm »

"Starting to get the evil eye..." Eleen grumbled. Trying not glare back aggressively.

"Let's go and get this over with."

Action: To the building with the marble statues!
"Really? I didn't notice. But yeah, let's go." Onward!

A quite ornate reception greets you when you push your way through the heavy oaken doors - only to be met with a razor glare from the portly woman seated behind a desk. The room is large, with nearly a dozen doors leading off. The walls are rich wood panels, hung with portraits of academicians long dead. A pair of footmen in the University colours stand at attention in alcoves either side of the main doors - each armed with a heavy club hanging at their waist. Another leans over a balcony above, watching, next to a pair of young men talking.

The bones of some Primordial are the main point of this room - a skeleton like a fractal spider, the libs and skulls splitting and twisting. You can't help but feel like there's some kind of sigil or message in the shape of the limbs, or that they shift slightly when you're not looking directly at them. A brass plaque reads that this used to be Yu'kaarlwepa. His flesh had been woven vines, and each of his seventy-four eyes made of gold. The bones are enshrined within heavy glass and steel. If you wanted to steal them, you'd have a job of it. You notice the eyes are not there.

"Yes?" says the portly woman, in the tones of one who has just had their cat drop a dead mouse in their dinner. "Can I help you?"

"Aye sir. I'm hoping you and your crew can give me a tale. The true one, I'd prefer."

Kas stays near the door, standing in what he hoped seemed a relaxed posture. Still, his eyes darted around the room, scanning for details such as any of the more interesting book titles, or known faces in the portraits.
['[/color]
It's not good enough light to read any of the book titles, but you recognise one of the portraits - you're pretty sure that's your grandfather, there. A tall, regal man, holding the traditional signifiers of rulership - a sword and a gauntlet, that hand holding an orb. The sword signifies war, the gauntlet and orb how he controls his land... you never did care over much for the precise symbology of portraits, but you certainly had to learn a lot of it.

"This beast business is disrupting everything. The cart-drivers demand protection on their way, as if monsters will creep out and steal the meat on the road. Now one of my crew has disappeared, and that blasted newspaper... Am I supposed to trust the stories of drunken sailors?" he sighs before continuing. "Still, the men are angry, and angry sailors are trouble out on the blue. If you can give them a hide, it'll go a way to settling matters. You have my permission to talk to who you wish, and go where you want on this ship, within reason. Do not head into the lower decks or the armouries."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10