Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered  (Read 10216 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2015, 06:22:11 pm »

She peered at the insignia thoughtfully.

"I suppose you have to rely on yourselves out there, no one to defend you...course the ones defending you can cause a lot of trouble too...I've always heard life in the countryside was dull...and uh, peaceful, though. How come you have so much bandit trouble? Did some army go through your lands? Billetboys cause alot of trouble 'round here when they get released after a campaign or three.

...Also, I've always wondered-is it true that your sort of people can pick their own food? For free?  Right out of the ground?"
Eleen comments, slightly alarmed at the thought...free food, what an idea. She, like many city folk, had always assumed the wilds were full of free food just the for taking...it certainly helped to calm a hungry stomach with dreams of feasting.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2015, 06:26:31 pm »

"Not sure. They've been there since I was a kid. It's lessened a bit recently, but's still an issue."

"And do you mean farming? Well, it's not totally free... You have to pay for the tools, and sometimes for seeds and fertilizer, and it takes a long time... it's not as easy as it sounds. And if you mean stuff like berries and mushrooms and stuff like 'dat, then that might not be smart depending on the kind you pick up..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2015, 06:57:23 pm »

"I thought you could eat just about anything in the countryside. There's no factories, so the air and sky are clean, right? Ah, I bet your water tastes good. You don't wanna drink the water here in Sleangate. Beers the safer choice, by leagues."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2015, 07:03:01 pm »

"Yeah, but some plants and mushrooms are really poisonous. Some of them could paralyze you, some could kill ya minutes after ya eat it. Water's mostly fine though, and you can find a good amount of food if ya know your plants."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:09:53 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2015, 07:07:33 pm »

"Well, that's sure surprising...city girl like me wouldn't last five minutes in the countryside. I'd probably get eaten by a buffaloo or something..."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »

Kas pushes through the crowd as best he can, keeping one hand on his purse and the other on his sword hilt, towards the alleyway, and cautiously enters.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2015, 07:38:41 am »

[Self]: I'm actually wondering, what's the state of the staple fantasy creatures in our world? Dragons, Rocs, Giant Enemy Crabs? Do they still exist, or did they ever?

Certainly, you've heard of many strange and monstrous creatures throughout your life, though of course you've never seen any of them.

Primordials themselves were rather... different in appearance, most of them, and it's quite likely a lot if these stories of creatures are just distorted discriptions of those who used to be. If nothing else, man is fallible, and the tales they tell may be inaccurate. Perhaps the only way you could truly know is to see them yourselves.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2015, 11:19:37 am »

Eleen thought to herself, about magic and stranger things...

[Self]: Btw, what the Heck is a Primordial?

Also, do I remember my magic words? I think I totally missed that PM/Post.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2015, 11:23:19 am »

[Self] Same as Dwarmin, never got a PM about magic words.
Sigtext!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2015, 03:34:03 pm »

[Self]: Btw, what the Heck is a Primordial?

The Primordials were the originals. Each of them was unique, and they knew the Words. They were the ones who taught man the Words, and for this foolishness the seventeenth god slew them. That was a long, long time ago...

Now, their remains are the way mages access magic; their body parts are a potent source of magical energy, and using Primordial totems are the way mages trick the world into allowing them to use magic.

Action: Continue on!

Action: Also onward.

You head through the old gatehouse, more bronze-armoured figures standing by each of the iron-plated wooden gates, and find yourself in the University Ward square. A fountain in the centre sprays water high into the air - and the ornate stonework is nearly as tall as the Church giant standing next to the fountain. The metal-armoured mountain stands fifteen feet tall, and the helmet is bent towards the waterworks, watching the light dance in the spray.

The people here don't seem to be paying it much heed - well dressed, many clutches briefcases or sheaths of paper, they hurry between the towering brick buildings or sit at tables in cafes, talking animatedly with companions over steaming cups. The sounds of whirring machinery is thick in the background.

You hear Blessed Mary, the great bell of the Cathedral-Fortress, toll once, the clear peal ringing out over the hubbub of the city.

Kas pushes through the crowd as best he can, keeping one hand on his purse and the other on his sword hilt, towards the alleyway, and cautiously enters.

You shove your way through the crowd, electing a series of muttered curses and outraged sounds as you go, but no one seems willing to pick a fight.

The alley is shadowed from the sun, and surprisingly cool. The ground is coated with trash and the detritus of society - mouldy cloth, rotting scraps, mud, broken clay pipes. A half-dozen basement hatches line the sides, half buried under rubbish, but two of them gape like empty eyesockets. A rat scurries between them.

If there wasn't a beast, it's no longer in the alley, at least.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2015, 03:44:39 pm »

Kas was not a cautious man, but he wasn't a fool either.

He backed out of the alleyway, and tried to slip round the conflict, and resume his enquiries.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2015, 04:37:05 pm »

"Ayar...time to work the crowd. Let's make a fair circle, yeah? You go left, I go right, and when we reach the other end we'll either be lucky, or no.

Let's put on our best smiles and see if we can find some friendly faces. Word of advice, look for the ones who play their cards close, seem to listen more than they speak. They're not the center of attention, but they're always close to it."

This wasn't exactly Eleen's specialty, as she had little patience for tea-parties, evening frolics, philosophical discussions, and pecking-squares...still, she calmed herself. She could be friendly, sure. For a little while!

Action: Try to slip into the crowd and sidle up to someone friendly. Gather information on where we need to go, or who we need to talk to. Don't bother the rushers, try to get people who are relaxing and likely to entertain me for a few moments. Feel free to flirt, if needed, and be friendly and engaging-but don't try to get engaged in a debate-I know I would lose, so let them gain the edge to make them feel more confident, rather than try to fight. Flattery works.

I don't have a lot of gold for bribes, but I can surely buy someone lunch...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2015, 04:42:14 pm »

"Anything specific I should ask about, or anyone to avoid?"
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2015, 04:52:21 pm »

"Just try to find out who you talk to if you want to get things done. Someones already got a reputation for opening doors. We need to find out who.

As for avoidance...I suppose you have to watch out for the little scuttlebugs...the sorts of people who skitter around in the shadow of a larger person, trying to impress them. They'll try to embarrass or intimidate you, to look better in front of their peers. You can usually tell by the eyes. Always darting around, never relaxing for a moment...makes you wanna knock the wood out of their brains..."

Her fist has tightened as she said this, but she made an effort to relax it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2015, 05:01:12 pm »

"Right then."

Action: Try to find out the same sort of information as Eleen. Be generally friendly about it, but avoid "scuttlebugs".
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10