Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rancor pit  (Read 902 times)

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rancor pit
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:02:00 pm »

So, how tough are giant desert scorpions? Because I just payed 3000 monies or so for one from the elves, and if I don't need to worry about it dying I'd love to feed it some goblins. Most of my prisoners go in the "pincushion chamber" for my marksdwaves to gain xp from, but I figured this would be more fun.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Rancor pit
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

I'm not sure about the regular variety, but the zombie version of them nearly torched a whole starting party right from the get go.  If it wasn't for the axe man I started with we would have been toast.  You might want to start small, one gobbo at a time.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:00 pm »

They're no big deal until they hit you with their stinger.  And then you die.  Given that they're made of armor plates, they're also pretty hard to hit.  I guess you could call them a GCS-lite.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:30:00 pm »

But more importantly, do they taste good?

This is where lobster shell crackers come in handy for combat purposes.

igless

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperturtle:
<STRONG>But more importantly, do they taste good?</STRONG>

I've only encountered them in adventure-mode.  There, they are pincer-lickin' good.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 12:33:00 am »

They are pretty strong, I faced one off vs various animals including black and grizzly bears, and a giant.. tiger? I think and it didn't get a single wound. They should be able to handle normal goblins with no trouble.

Looking at the raws, they are basically a copy/paste of giant cave spiders with a tail and pincers added in, plus they have another attack so they don't inject venom every time. Also they don't have the webbing vomit of course. GCS are slightly stronger because of the webbing mostly, but it's not a huge difference.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Jayjayjuhwetplane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 02:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by benoit.hudson:
<STRONG>

I've only encountered them in adventure-mode.  There, they are pincer-lickin' good.</STRONG>

This is an example of how to board hard and board well.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 03:41:00 am »

I think you may want to make hunter or war giant scorp. And make it able to gain stats.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.