Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Early immigration.  (Read 1144 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Early immigration.
« on: January 19, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

I just got an immigration wave mid summer of my first year, is this meant to happen in 33g, I havent even got my starter dwarves set up yet and ive got another seven to care for
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Early immigration.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

I've had this happen a few times too.  I think it's related to how much you've dug out, or possibly fortress wealth (they're related but not the same).

My last two forts, I'd started digging quick -- by summer I'd opened up a barracks, three large (10x10) stockpile areas, a dining hall, a workshop area (14x14) with a 10x10 storage area underneath, and a tunnel to the river.  None of it was smoothed or anything, but most of it was in rock, not loam or silt or clay or whatever.

Helps that I had 5 miners, but still.  ;)

Anyway, I doubled my population overnight, and then got the usual immigration wave later in the year after the caravan, which took me to 28, I think.  Crazy.

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

Its good though sometimes. It means you have extra hands to get the fortress up and running faster, too.  :)
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 11:45:00 pm »

yeah it helps to get your fortress up and running, on my current fortress i got 11 in the first summer (helped me farm was great =) but the usual immigration wave brought me 22 more, my carpenters were crazy tying to make enough beds.