Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 47981 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 39 (Updated 1/22)
« Reply #615 on: January 24, 2016, 02:50:06 am »

Figures, a natural baricade. Look for moving targets on the far side of the river if so engage them. I guess I could practice my marksmanship.

Also take inventory of ammunition and estimate depth of large river.

((I'm assuming the large river has a rapid pace that would make it dangerous to cross.))

[6] The river rapids are terrifyingly fast.
[6] You have more ammunition than you will ever need, so long as you manage your bursts carefully and don't spray and pray.
[2] There are small birds flying over the river.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 24, 2016, 02:35:37 pm »

Engage the small birds with the rifle.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 24, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

"You said your name's Nigel? Good to meet ya. I'm Cueball. That's Graves, Ciri and McGroove. Those are a bunch of natives, Frenchmen. Think you could lead me back to your pod? We could use the parts."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 24, 2016, 06:24:37 pm »

Yeah Nigel Julie William and.....sure i think i remember.
Lead them to my pod in the offered car giving directions as we go
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:10:26 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 24, 2016, 07:07:59 pm »

"We'll take the car. Hop in."

Drive! Bring chains, a shovel and the metal detector.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 24, 2016, 07:13:36 pm »

Nigel taps her fingers together nervously.
Um....w-where are we and....why am i not on the ship?
The last thing i remember was....Getting really sick...and feeling like i was dyong and i passed out or spnething on the ship....i-i feel a little Stronger but i still don't feel good.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 24, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

EDIT: [6] Graves' shuttle has lots of chains, which makes you wonder how the thing even flies given all the stuff he's packed into the hold.

(Forgot to roll the first time)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:37:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 24, 2016, 07:48:50 pm »

The last thing i remember was....Getting really sick...and feeling like i was dyong and i passed out or spnething on the ship....i-i feel a little Stronger but i still don't feel good.

"Aw, hell, you're still in shock. Well, here's a rundown; we've landed on... Shit, I forget whether it's Antila or Thule? Anyway, here we are. Home sweet home. Or not quite, since we need to actually find a place to stay. Right now we're getting our ducks in a row to meet up with a progressive nation, and collecting as much tech as we can - hence why we're going to retrieve your pod. I'm bringing some other supplies to look for goodies as well. Do you have any skills, kid?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 24, 2016, 07:56:56 pm »

"Aw, hell, you're still in shock. Well, here's a rundown; we've landed on... Shit, I forget whether it's Antila or Thule? Anyway, here we are. Home sweet home. Or not quite, since we need to actually find a place to stay. Right now we're getting our ducks in a row to meet up with a progressive nation, and collecting as much tech as we can - hence why we're going to retrieve your pod. I'm bringing some other supplies to look for goodies as well. Do you have any skills, kid?"
I'm good with tech my mom and dad taught me how to fix it and maintain it use it also so I'm good with technolgy.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 26, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »

Just kidding. I finished it.

I also configured Notepad++ with some of my commonly used BBcode tags. It's harder to get lost in the textwalls now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2025 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

You notice a rope pulling from the leg of shuttle G2 into a giant hole outside the camp. Someone's clearly attached to it. The rating of the rope, printed on the length, reads '25t/line'.

The rope goes loose after some time.

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 8 Hull Plating from the body (can trim 2 more)
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding/cutting kit in the Assault Gun

You have 0 Hull Plating
You have 0 Metal Plating

You have a cargo sled which can easily transport cargo by hand

Nole (Slayer1557):

Nole replied, "Yea, I'm not sure I could understand without actually experiencing it.  I'll just have to take your word on it.  Will you be ok without access to the portals?  I'm not sure we'll be getting anything like that working any time soon."

When they discover the scorched crater he added, "Alright, let's check it out and see if there's any survivors.  From the looks of things, I wouldn't be certain of anything.  Be careful in case they're hostile.  If we can't pick up on Mark's signal, we should probably turn back after this.  I don't want to get so far we get lost.  Do you agree?"

Nole approaches the crater, keeping an eye out for movement from the wreck or the surrounding area.  Does the wreck look recent?  Things still burning?  Check for survivors first.  No survivors?  Take stock of what remains and what is in working order.
((Oh, and how far have we travelled from the shuttle, in either time or distance?  With how post by post RTD's go, I'm never sure if it's minutes or hours.  Possibly useful: How long has it been since we woke up, and I set that timer?))

You've been walking for no less than 20 minutes, so you're roughly between one and two kilometers away from the base. The radio connection is still crystal-clear.

As you approach the crater, Night comments on the virtual world:
"I wouldn't discount the possibility of bringing it back. Especially if we come into contact with... uh... the...colony ship ghost? I wonder where she is."
She doesn't seem even slightly shocked by the sight of bodies near the tank.

[5-new miniquest] You investigate the exploded vehicle, noting that the fuel tank seems to have been the cause of the explosion. The fire is not smoking, although your suit's olfactory sensors simulate the smell of burnt metal and flesh with a stunning resemblance to the real thing.
It seems most of the dead people crawled around a bit before their deaths. One of them seems to have died from a gunshot wound to the temple, but the gun is nowhere to be found. In fact, all of them seem to be missing their pistols.
You notice an unburnt white bandage soaked in the sand next to one of the bodies.

They are all wearing what used to be army uniforms except the fully-blackened one... who is actually in a Magnus Suit! It seems to be offline (radio turned off), but the material looks completely unharmed.
You haven't touched any of the bodies yet, because all of them are stripped clean of equipment.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

[5] You lead Cueball to the pod, sticking your head up out of the hatch to get a better view of the surroundings. Being inside the vehicle is rather disorienting, since it's like an isolated little world all by itself, with only narrow viewslits to see through.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

You reach a riverside, where you find signs of a bloody fight having long occured. In the water you see a body covered in red scars and lacerations, and quite a ways away you find two cryopods, one opened (the tip of the cover is sticking slightly outside the water), while the other looks shattered.
Both are empty, and the oxygel has spilled out and settled nearby in the water. Already there seems to be some sort of green mold growing in the gel and consequently on the pods.

Spoiler: Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Has a powerful drivetrain (evasion penalties due to armor are halved)
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

Look for a long rope and something to tie it to near the reactor hole. Then tie it around my waist and slowly enter the  hole, hand at my gun.

[3] Graves' shuttle has it all. With fifty meters of high-tensile polymer rope, you should be fine. Typing it to the front landing leg of the shuttle (anything closer is more likely to fail), you hop in.

Some clumsy rapelling later, you find the tunnel branching off into a cave system roughly 15 meters below the shuttles (your UI shows this). The radio is a bit full of static, but works nonetheless.

Your own ears hear a deep, sort of breathing-like sound coming from far off in the tunnels. It feels like something big is here.
[1] You also encounter the mouth thing from before! The whole animal looks like some sort of infernal lobster, with curled pincers and a mouth that folds in over itself many times to save space. It looks at you with a circular halo of eyes and makes threatening advances.

The creature itself is about twice your height and several meters long, having about 6-10 legs (they're moving too fast and you don't have time to count).

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[1] Try as you might, you can't hit them from here. The air density must be screwing with your aim.

Armored Car
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 40 (Updated 1/26)
« Reply #625 on: January 26, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

There it is.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 26, 2016, 04:25:23 pm »

"Die, you shithead cocksucking motherfucker, you ass licking flithy fuck, you!"
Shootshootshoot
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 26, 2016, 05:49:22 pm »

"Does anyone know what this rope was for...?" Ciri asks, if anyone is around. Damn, she was drowsy. Stasis didn't agree with her very well, it seemed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2016, 06:44:51 pm »

"Does anyone know what this rope was for...?" Ciri asks, if anyone is around. Damn, she was drowsy. Stasis didn't agree with her very well, it seemed.

Graves is still here. He was talking to the French, apparently about the wildlife here. He doesn't seem to know, but suggests that we not waste rope feeding it to sand monsters like the ones here.

There's plants on this world, he says, but he doesn't seem to be sure if they are edible. A chemical processing solution seems to be needed to break down local proteins into amino acids. Some kind of enzyme that can only be found/synthesized here from wildlife, according to him.

((On a phone, sorry for lack of colored text))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2016, 07:48:00 pm »

Move farther along the river.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47