Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 47988 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 37 (Updated 1/18)
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2016, 03:46:53 pm »

Nigel walks to the other's Following the directions given to her.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 18, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

Ciri decides to go ask someone what the current short and long term goals are.

"Wuzzat? Oh, uh... huh. Well, let's see... right now I'm working on these tanks, should be done here soon if I don't hit any snags..."

He looks for S.D., spotting the others. "Looks like they mighta found something good that way. There's still that shuttle to be found - you could take Cabinboy and the armored car for security, I'm pretty finished with that one.

Short term, we're looking to get ourselves mobile and regroup with the French. In the long run, we stay alive, together, regroup with more colonists, and collect as much landed tech as possible. Wouldn't do to have a hostile party weaponizing a particle accelerator, see? Lend a hand or pick something up, plenty to be done."

Continue armoring, then upgrade the other radio and start making the sled.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 18, 2016, 06:20:35 pm »

"Do me a favor. Don't tell the others where I am."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 18, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »

"Do me a favor. Don't tell the others where I am."
She nods.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2016, 05:23:15 am »

Dig out the computer and clean it up.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 36 (Updated 1/13)
« Reply #590 on: January 20, 2016, 09:59:20 pm »

Nole (Slayer1557):
"Portals are life. You don't have to go to the real world, not if you don't want to. I didn't want to, at least."

She kneels over to watch the boundary, noticing a thin puddle lining the border area, difficult to see because of the splashing water. "It's meandering," she states.
"That means the water is flowing. This is a river, and it's been here a long time."

You do notice the sky is rather darker in the dry area. Visibility is much better beyond the rain, which still isn't saying much, but you can see a few hundred meters out, easily.
Mark's suit signal isn't showing up. If your suit can still connect with the shuttle at this range, that means he must have gone further. Or that his suit is no longer working.

[5-new miniquest] In the distance you see a large charred crater, not very deep but about thirty meters wide. In the center is a blackened chassis of some vehicle, as well as several bodies. Most are charred somewhat, some are not, one is completely black.
"Bodies!" shouts Night, appearing behind your shoulder.

((Is there a limit of number of quests you can get or something?  It said new miniquest, but I didn't actually get one.))

Nole replied, "Yea, I'm not sure I could understand without actually experiencing it.  I'll just have to take your word on it.  Will you be ok without access to the portals?  I'm not sure we'll be getting anything like that working any time soon."

When they discover the scorched crater he added, "Alright, let's check it out and see if there's any survivors.  From the looks of things, I wouldn't be certain of anything.  Be careful in case they're hostile.  If we can't pick up on Mark's signal, we should probably turn back after this.  I don't want to get so far we get lost.  Do you agree?"

Nole approaches the crater, keeping an eye out for movement from the wreck or the surrounding area.  Does the wreck look recent?  Things still burning?  Check for survivors first.  No survivors?  Take stock of what remains and what is in working order.
((Oh, and how far have we travelled from the shuttle, in either time or distance?  With how post by post RTD's go, I'm never sure if it's minutes or hours.  Possibly useful: How long has it been since we woke up, and I set that timer?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 20, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »

((Oh no! I must have noticed the overlap between the quest I was about to give you and the one I gave to Wunderkatze.
How about: (Miniquest) Aftermath: Locate another survivor (Reward: If you encounter a crash site, +1 to finding either a survivor or a piece of machinery)

I won't be able to roll today because of an assignment. Hopefully soon.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 20, 2016, 11:16:08 pm »

((Don't sweat it.  I just mentioned it because of the oddity of it.  I don't really care if I do or don't  I still have my plate full with the quests I already have.  As soon as we get a semi-stable base of operations, I'm totally going Farmville on this shit.  And don't worry about the turn either.  You keep up a much better pace than I can handle if I was in your place.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 21, 2016, 03:15:01 am »

Just kidding. I finished the assignment faster than expected.

I also configured Notepad++ with some of my commonly used BBcode tags. It's harder to get lost in the textwalls now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2020 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

Ciri decides to go ask someone what the current short and long term goals are.

You get your answer:
"Wuzzat? Oh, uh... huh. Well, let's see... right now I'm working on these tanks, should be done here soon if I don't hit any snags..."

He looks for S.D., spotting the others. "Looks like they mighta found something good that way. There's still that shuttle to be found - you could take Cabinboy and the armored car for security, I'm pretty finished with that one.

Short term, we're looking to get ourselves mobile and regroup with the French. In the long run, we stay alive, together, regroup with more colonists, and collect as much landed tech as possible. Wouldn't do to have a hostile party weaponizing a particle accelerator, see? Lend a hand or pick something up, plenty to be done."

"Not to mention," Graves shows up and adds, "That tower you saw. I'd be exploring it, if I could. I don't really feel like leaving my shuttle behind again though, not when that idiot's still out there..."

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 8 Hull Plating from the body (can trim 2 more)
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding/cutting kit in the Assault Gun

You have 0 Hull Plating
You have 0 Metal Plating

You have a cargo sled which can easily transport cargo by hand

Nole (Slayer1557):

Nole replied, "Yea, I'm not sure I could understand without actually experiencing it.  I'll just have to take your word on it.  Will you be ok without access to the portals?  I'm not sure we'll be getting anything like that working any time soon."

When they discover the scorched crater he added, "Alright, let's check it out and see if there's any survivors.  From the looks of things, I wouldn't be certain of anything.  Be careful in case they're hostile.  If we can't pick up on Mark's signal, we should probably turn back after this.  I don't want to get so far we get lost.  Do you agree?"

Nole approaches the crater, keeping an eye out for movement from the wreck or the surrounding area.  Does the wreck look recent?  Things still burning?  Check for survivors first.  No survivors?  Take stock of what remains and what is in working order.
((Oh, and how far have we travelled from the shuttle, in either time or distance?  With how post by post RTD's go, I'm never sure if it's minutes or hours.  Possibly useful: How long has it been since we woke up, and I set that timer?))

You've been walking for no less than 20 minutes, so you're roughly between one and two kilometers away from the base. The radio connection is still crystal-clear.

As you approach the crater, Night comments on the virtual world:
"I wouldn't discount the possibility of bringing it back. Especially if we come into contact with... uh... the...colony ship ghost? I wonder where she is."
She doesn't seem even slightly shocked by the sight of bodies near the tank.

[5-new miniquest] You investigate the exploded vehicle, noting that the fuel tank seems to have been the cause of the explosion. The fire is not smoking, although your suit's olfactory sensors simulate the smell of burnt metal and flesh with a stunning resemblance to the real thing.
It seems most of the dead people crawled around a bit before their deaths. One of them seems to have died from a gunshot wound to the temple, but the gun is nowhere to be found. In fact, all of them seem to be missing their pistols.
You notice an unburnt white bandage soaked in the sand next to one of the bodies.

They are all wearing what used to be army uniforms except the fully-blackened one... who is actually in a Magnus Suit! It seems to be offline (radio turned off), but the material looks completely unharmed.
You haven't touched any of the bodies yet, because all of them are stripped clean of equipment.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

[4] The Assault Gun is now armored in the front and back with Hull Plating, and you put extra skirts on the sides. You had to trim some of G19's hull off to do it.
You think you can trim 2 more pieces of hull plating off the shuttle without destroying it, but it will lose structural integrity if you take any more.
(any more will require a roll which gets the +1 bonus from your quest, which just finished)

[5-new Miniquest] You make the sled out of the metal plating that's left. You don't have anything to make a new radio with, given that you used the radio parts from the one spare suit you had.

In the distance there seems to be a swarm of red fish, about 200 meters away. They seem rather low to the ground.

Spoiler: Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Has a powerful drivetrain (evasion penalties due to armor are halved)
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

Dig out the computer and clean it up.

[2] You rip the panel off the box. It comes out, along with about a meter of wiring. Opps.

Fortunately most of the circuits are clipped together using easy-dock connectors. A person who knows where all the wires are should be able to put it back together.

After brushing the sand off the screen, you see the text "Assembly Inc." scrawled on the side in stylized text, along with the label 3D PRINTER.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

She leans agasint Nyar trying to shield herself from the rain.
Shit. What the fuck? This has never happened to me before. Nyar takes a hesitant step back.

"So..." Gawd I never have anything good to say.I have to think of something. "...What do you think of guerrilla fighting?"

Well. Fuck me. I'm off to a great fucking start.

After some time, go back to fishing. Use single rounds on the fish holding the gun as close to the water as possible for maximum penetration. After killing one promptly recover the body.

[5-new miniquest] The fish are pretty close to the surface during the frenzy, and at one point a fish happens to be unlucky and almost surfaces. Thanks to your catlike reflexes (Accuracy check: 4+2) you gun the fish down and grab its limp, bleeding body. It has a remora-like mouth used for sucking the blood of other fish, but it also has teeth that it can use to cause wounds and apparently cannibalize other fish. Its color is something of a cross between a sort of ultraviolet and blue.

Got Blurple Fish

((Accuracy checks are basically a way of seeing if your accuracy is high enough to be successful. It's not a roll))

Trick Shot: You can ignore up to 1 penalty to accuracy
(Miniquest) Trick Shot II: Kill something a meter underwater by shooting it. The bullet has to be the killing shot. (Reward: You can ignore up to 1 more penalty to accuracy)

Armored Car
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

Nigel walks to the other's Following the directions given to her.

[6] You walk over, although it's rather far away... you feel the air in your oxygen tank getting thin, and you feel faint. You have a gas mask though, the guy in the suit handed it over to you without explanation.

You think you went in the right direction... but there is no sign of french fucks or old people, or tanks for that matter. You do see a swarm of flying fishes up above your head, and the swarm seems to be descending closer to the ground. There are easily hundreds of them, all flying in a swirling clockwise motion.
Some of the fish deviate from the swarm and dive at you, landing headfirst in sand. They wriggle around trying to get back into the air, but they seem to be having trouble doing it now that they've got sand grains on them.

Weather: Fishy Situation (+1 reduced accuracy against you)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively
>A metal detector with an extensible handle

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:43:11 am by _DivideByZero_ »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 38 (Updated 1/21)
« Reply #594 on: January 21, 2016, 06:09:18 am »

Oh goodie.
Look for a tech expert to repair the printer. Until then, put it a location where it won't be damaged.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 21, 2016, 06:21:59 am »

((Never seen so many [5]'s :O ))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2016, 09:22:38 am »

put on the gas mask see if i can salvage anything useful off the oxygen tank stuff.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 21, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »

((Never seen so many [5]'s :O ))

((Is it a flawed die, or purely random? The world will never know.))

Oh goodie.
Look for a tech expert to repair the printer. Until then, put it a location where it won't be damaged.

The printer itself is surprisingly lightweight for a meter-wide box of steel. It comes out of the ground rather easily, thanks to the glass keeping the sand out of the insides. It's hard to carry but Cueball has just put the finishing touches on a sled which you can use to transport the printer.

Cueball sees the printer.

put on the gas mask see if i can salvage anything useful off the oxygen tank stuff.

[5-new Trait] The gas mask filters the otherwise breathable air just fine. You weren't told if this atmosphere is breathable, but it seems to be. You're not getting poisoned by some gas.

The oxygen tank is still presurrized somewhat as you can tell by the pie. You learn, from reading the labels, that it uses a spongy-material that absorbs oxygen rather than raw pressurized oxygen. Which leads to an interesting point: when not in use, the tank will refill itself many times over if left in the warmth and the top is opened. It takes about a minute to refill, so if you had a second oxygen tank you could easily swap between the two, but you do not.

More fish dive around you. They seem to be starting an attack.

MacGyver-in-training: +1 to resourcefulness

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 21, 2016, 01:52:08 pm »

attempt to make a weapon out of the gas mask but still be able to use it as a gas mask if necessary look for others and head towards them.
Go away stupid fish.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 22, 2016, 12:06:50 am »

Hm... I'll have to cook this latter.

Where did that drone go?

Continue walking.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47