Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48001 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 36 (Updated 1/13)
« Reply #555 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:05 am »

Quote from: Radio. Again.
"Something seems to have, uh... eaten, the shuttle. I saw a lot of teeth and heard a lot of metal."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 14, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »

Both shuttles are still present. It's something else.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 14, 2016, 04:20:50 pm »

((I meant the one we were looking for?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 14, 2016, 04:33:17 pm »

((I meant the one we were looking for?))
((Ah, I thought you were referring to the nuclear reactor that just got eaten.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 14, 2016, 05:17:46 pm »

Another? Great...

"Now tell me, where do you come from?" Nyar asks the probe.

Gather fishing gear. Shoot one of the fish with the Greasy gun and retrieve it and harvest some of the gel.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 14, 2016, 11:07:56 pm »

Nole nodded at Night's explanation.  "Yea, it sounds like a much different time.  Portals got to be that prevalent, huh?  Well, that reminds me of a certain saying. 'Truth is stranger than fiction.'  And do you know why that is?  The second half of the line is 'It is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't.'"  To emphasize his point, he pointed skyward at the barrier between rain and clear weather.

"Whatever you may have experienced.  I can guarantee you that if you look for new and interesting things in the real world.  You will surely find it."

With the clearing in the rain Nole surveys the surrounding area, and looks up to see if he can see anything above, especially at the boundary between rain and clear weather.  Especially since visibility should be much better out of the rain.  Check for Mark's suit's signal as well.  He looks for any noteworthy landmarks that might have drawn an inquisitive Mark to them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:11:15 pm by Slayer1557 »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 15, 2016, 05:24:35 pm »

Set a pod alarm should Cristophe wake up and try to get out. Then go see what the commotion is around the sinkhole.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 16, 2016, 09:07:47 pm »

.....i feel weak where am i? Why am i not on the ship wheres mom and dad?
quickly check for anything useful Grab the oxygen tank use it open hatch try and get to black hazmat person.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 16, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »

2010 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

Quote from: Radio. Again.
"Something seems to have, uh... eaten, the shuttle. I saw a lot of teeth and heard a lot of metal."

"Wait, a cave... and an underground monster thing. What if that monster moves through the caves? And if it's here, what of the other shuttle? G14, right? We should text them again." Graves remarks.

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 10 Hull Plating from the body
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding kit in the Assault Gun

You have 6 Hull Plating

Nole (Slayer1557):

Nole nodded at Night's explanation.  "Yea, it sounds like a much different time.  Portals got to be that prevalent, huh?  Well, that reminds me of a certain saying. 'Truth is stranger than fiction.'  And do you know why that is?  The second half of the line is 'It is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't.'"  To emphasize his point, he pointed skyward at the barrier between rain and clear weather.

"Whatever you may have experienced.  I can guarantee you that if you look for new and interesting things in the real world.  You will surely find it."

With the clearing in the rain Nole surveys the surrounding area, and looks up to see if he can see anything above, especially at the boundary between rain and clear weather.  Especially since visibility should be much better out of the rain.  Check for Mark's suit's signal as well.  He looks for any noteworthy landmarks that might have drawn an inquisitive Mark to them.

"Portals are life. You don't have to go to the real world, not if you don't want to. I didn't want to, at least."

She kneels over to watch the boundary, noticing a thin puddle lining the border area, difficult to see because of the splashing water. "It's meandering," she states.
"That means the water is flowing. This is a river, and it's been here a long time."

You do notice the sky is rather darker in the dry area. Visibility is much better beyond the rain, which still isn't saying much, but you can see a few hundred meters out, easily.
Mark's suit signal isn't showing up. If your suit can still connect with the shuttle at this range, that means he must have gone further. Or that his suit is no longer working.

[5-new miniquest] In the distance you see a large charred crater, not very deep but about thirty meters wide. In the center is a blackened chassis of some vehicle, as well as several bodies. Most are charred somewhat, some are not, one is completely black.
"Bodies!" shouts Night, appearing behind your shoulder.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

Set a pod alarm should Cristophe wake up and try to get out. Then go see what the commotion is around the sinkhole.

The pod alarm is set to trigger both on the hatch opening. There is no way to lock the hatch, though, so you're dependent on hearing the alarm.

Around the sandmaw, Bernard is explaining what he knows about the creatures.
"Slithering Sandmaws are a rare sight, we'd almost thought they'd be extict. They feed on the bloody corpses of animals savaged by the red arrowfish, but normally they have a slow metabolism. This item must have been buried on top of it from the beginning, however strange..."

Spoiler: Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

Shit. Comfort the Frenchmen. Then look for a weapon.

[5] Comforting people through a language barrier is rather difficult, most of the time. Fortunately, you are fluent in French.

You explain to them that this is all a part of the natural wildlife of the region, and frankly that you are surprised they're so afraid when they should be trained to deal with the natural environment they were sent to. Some of them respond saying that it startled them, while the other complains that he has never heard of those creatures.
"They speak the truth," says Bernard in English. "Slithering Sandmaws are a rare sight, we'd almost thought they'd be extict. They feed on the bloody corpses of animals savaged by the red arrowfish, but normally they have a slow metabolism. This item must have been buried on top of it from the beginning, however strange..."

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Another? Great...

"Now tell me, where do you come from?" Nyar asks the probe.

Gather fishing gear. Shoot one of the fish with the Greasy gun and retrieve it and harvest some of the gel.

[1] You try to pick up the fishing gear. It falls into the water. One of the fish grabs the bait that was currently on the hook and starts pulling on the rod while swimming downriver. Since the rod handle itself is jammed in the fishing kit handle, the fish makes off with both the rod and the fishing kit.

[5-new miniquest] The gun is rather pathetic at shooting through the water, so you don't see the underwater shower of blood that you craved/expected. Instead, the bullet slightly wounds one fish, causing the others to go into a feeding frenzy and try to murder it. Same effect.

The pod you saw underwater opens up, and a young girl in a jumpsuit rushes out of it and trips while running at you. She falls back into the water.

Armored Car
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

.....i feel weak where am i? Why am i not on the ship wheres mom and dad?
quickly check for anything useful Grab the oxygen tank use it open hatch try and get to black hazmat person.

[6] Stronger than you really feel, you throw open the hatch and stand up soaked in oxygel. You put on the oxygen mask and try to exhale so you can breath in, while running toward the black hazmat person.

...You end up vomiting and falling into the water face-first. You are unhurt, but there seem to be rather large fish in the water. You probably don't want to be next to those.
The depth is about a meter.

While underwater, you hear several muffled bangs like gunshots, and see bubbles on the surface of the water. Some of the fish are dying, and the other fish are rushing the injured fish and trying to chew pieces off.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively
>A metal detector with an extensible handle

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:11:40 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 37 (Updated 1/16)
« Reply #564 on: January 17, 2016, 12:03:44 am »

Oh God Disguisting! What's That!?
Help!
Get away from Creatures get to other person quickly!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 17, 2016, 03:04:58 am »

"Remind me, could these worms be of any use?"

If not, shoot 'em in the head with the military pistol. The worm, not the frenchmen.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 17, 2016, 05:42:52 am »

"Remind me, could these worms be of any use?"

If not, shoot 'em in the head with the military pistol. The worm, not the frenchmen.

(6) It actually has a lot of head-like protrusions along the rim, so you shoot all of them.

It recedes into the ground, leaving a giant tunnel behind. And taking the reactor with it.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 17, 2016, 10:41:29 pm »

She's helpless. Nyar watches the girl trip back into the water. Those fish might actually hurt her.

Help the girl out of the water. "Well. Good morning, hope you slept well."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 18, 2016, 01:41:18 am »

She's helpless. Nyar watches the girl trip back into the water. Those fish might actually hurt her.

Help the girl out of the water. "Well. Good morning, hope you slept well."

[4] You assist her in escaping the deadly fishes, and drag her to safety at the shoreline.

The fish enter a sort of feeding frenzy. A piece of bloody meat is tossed out of the water and now finds itself speared on your suit's helmet antenna, dripping rivulets of blood down your visor. This doesn't affect your vision since the suit has cameras.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 18, 2016, 01:46:24 am »

((I know gm was waiting for action resolved))

THANK YOU OH GOD THANK YOU!
She well she looks horrible and it appears she has a small scarring wound on her cheek looks very recent probably the crash.
Get rid of the vomit try and clean self up.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47