Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48093 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 31 (Updated 12/24)
« Reply #510 on: December 24, 2015, 05:38:17 pm »

Jury rig that EMP thingimabob into a landmine. ples 5
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 24, 2015, 06:52:08 pm »

Jury rig that EMP thingimabob into a landmine. ples 5

[5-new Miniquest]

With a sudden aptitude, you manage to rig up a tripwire (made of wire) from the defunct pod plus a magnetic switch for the pin on the EMP thingimabob. You notice that there is a display on the side with a digital number that you can modify with the controls, labelled 'time,' so you set it to trigger instantly at 0 seconds once the pin is pulled.

(Miniquest) Just do it: Detonate the mine (Reward: +2 to using a weapon you've never used before. It also gains +1/+1 power/accuracy for that turn.)
Gained EMP mine (haven't used)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 24, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »

Further reconnaissance, especially towards that tower thing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 25, 2015, 02:29:41 am »

Further reconnaissance, especially towards that tower thing.

[3] You fly closer, approaching the tower, but as you reach the vicinity the wind starts ramping up. Soon it is difficult, but not impossible, to control the drone.

On the way, you spot 'dry' land: a plain off in the distance, past the tower, where there are some gray rocks and spikes sticking out of the ground. There is a mountain in the distance, many kilometers away, capped by snow.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 25, 2015, 05:54:13 pm »

"Sorry about your friend, Graves... Here."

Grab two shovels, and start digging. Honor thy dead.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 25, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »

Alright, that's enough. Don't want to lose the drone, and the camera logs- if they're a thing- might be useful. Time to bring the drone back.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 26, 2015, 05:04:48 am »

Alright, that's enough. Don't want to lose the drone, and the camera logs- if they're a thing- might be useful. Time to bring the drone back.

The camera feed is stored on both the drone's internal memory and the helmet of the person operating it.

[3] You bring the drone back, although the wind starts to pick up where you are at. The drone is caught in a cloud of red leaf-like thing being blown, but it makes it to the ground safe--albeit nose-first The aerodynamics could be affected.

Drone now gets -1 to resisting harsh winds.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:13:19 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 27, 2015, 12:54:15 am »

That jerk... Nyar stares into S.D. as he works on the EMP mine. ...Hmmph

Everyone is working around me... They better not expect much from me.

After a sort period of time Nyar gets bored. I wonder if this assault gun can shoot through the shuttle... Ha ha I bet it will bounce right off.

Fire the assault gun's cannon into the side of the closest shuttle. I always have the greatest ideas.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 27, 2015, 02:55:59 am »

That jerk... Nyar stares into S.D. as he works on the EMP mine. ...Hmmph

Everyone is working around me... They better not expect much from me.

After a sort period of time Nyar gets bored. I wonder if this assault gun can shoot through the shuttle... Ha ha I bet it will bounce right off.

Fire the assault gun's cannon into the side of the closest shuttle. I always have the greatest ideas.

By the time you enter the vehicle and lock the hatch, nobody is really in a position to stop you. [2] Graves sees you reorienting the assault gun, then shouts "HOLD IT!" and dives in front of the shuttle, trying to block your shot path.

[3] You fire anyway at shuttle G19. (1) The shot hits (4-1 [due to thin shuttle wall]) and passes right through, but surprisingly there is no explosion.

On the other side of the shuttle, there exists a pockmark in the ground where the high-velocity round landed. The shell itself is bloodied, and just beyond the shuttle there is some red sand washing into the ground.

Rolls for the Franks:
[2] Bernard is hit by stray shrapnel. He is injured in the neck and the left side of his face, and bleeding.
[6] Jean is unhurt, surprisingly.
[6] Bovard didn't even notice.
[5] Albert is a little shaken.
[1] Christophe's name is mentioned a lot in the ensuing commotion among the Franks...
[6] Pierre is reading out of a booklet with an elongated '+' shape on the cover. He then starts to say something in French.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 27, 2015, 11:43:46 am »

Place the mine near the entrance, for teh lulz.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 28, 2015, 03:03:12 am »

"Oh shit." Nyar says sticking his head out of the hatch, "Did I just change our foreign policy?

((I honestly thought it would bounce. Fuck.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 28, 2015, 07:16:35 pm »

1835 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

Check my inventory for anything I can use as a distraction while I escape.  If I have nothing, look for a place to hide.

[5-new miniquest] You dive onto the ground. Although the terrain is mostly smooth, you sink in a little bit, and you can't see your pursuers. Logic dictates that they can't see you either, especially if they're using the old code that only does a raycheck from your center of mass. Even if you're poking out slightly, you should be invisible to NPC's.

[4] You also get to work crafting a dummy out of the chrome rod and the shrapnel piece. It should hopefully look just like you from a distance. Maybe they'll shoot at it. You hold it up.
[1] It gets shot.

Fortunately, since you are on the ground, you manage to crawl a couple dozen meters from the dummy. Now there is a small dune in the way, so you can stand up again without being seen.

Suddenly, your suit gives the message: "Server lost. Reconnecting to nearest server: G2"

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The camera feed is stored on both the drone's internal memory and the helmet of the person operating it.

[3] You bring the drone back, although the wind starts to pick up where you are at. The drone is caught in a cloud of red leaf-like thing being blown, but it makes it to the ground safe--albeit nose-first The aerodynamics could be affected.

Drone now gets -1 to resisting harsh winds.

Suddenly, your suit gives the message: "Server lost. Reconnecting to nearest server: G2"

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 10 Hull Plating from the body
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding kit in the Assault Gun

You have 6 Hull Plating

Nole (Slayer1557):

Judging by your silence, Night appears to have reconsidered.
Quote from: To Nole
"Okay, okay... I just get this feeling that I can't just stand around the base doing nothing at all. Do you have any sort of mission for me to do?"

Graves seems to be having some sort of breakdown, or a misunderstanding:
Graves notices the body as Paphi moves the extra pod around.
"Wait a minute... I recognize that face, I think. Is it--"
His eyes widen, as you can see through his goggles.

"NIGHTHAWK!" he screams.

He rushes over to the body leans over it.
"Man! Those bastards... when they moved his pod they must have misconnected the power or something..."
He stands up.
"So it's my fault. It really is my fault. I got my friend killed because I wanted to be able to talk to him. Fuck me."

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

"Sorry about your friend, Graves... Here."

Grab two shovels, and start digging. Honor thy dead.

[6] Graves, reluctantly, accepts the shovel and starts to dig a grave. It's a shallow one so far, but Graves stops for now to ask a question:
"Should we really just be burying this in the ground? I mean, he's just a lump of flesh now... better to use it on something like cr... I mean, making some fertilizer, perhaps."

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

"Oh shit." Nyar says sticking his head out of the hatch, "Did I just change our foreign policy?

At least the others seem to be digging a grave. Perhaps Cueball and Graves should now dig... multiple graves...

Armored Car
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

Place the mine near the entrance, for teh lulz.

You are a terrible man.

[6] The mine explodes when one of the Frenchment trip the wire. For some reason it doesn't cause any major damage to the person tripping it. He just falls over from the explosion next to him. But there's no shrapnel or anything that could have harmed a person. What a lousy grenade.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 33 (Updated 12/28)
« Reply #522 on: December 29, 2015, 02:44:59 am »

Cueball noticed it too late to stop it.

Shit, triage! Check Cristophe. If there is any chance of saving him, medical gel the important bits and shove him in a pod. Rig the pod as necessary. Otherwise, bandage Bernard's face and gel his neck if needed.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 29, 2015, 04:28:39 pm »

This seems like a very very good time for an extended walk... Go for a walk outside the base area.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 29, 2015, 10:11:27 pm »

Cueball noticed it too late to stop it.

Shit, triage! Check Cristophe. If there is any chance of saving him, medical gel the important bits and shove him in a pod. Rig the pod as necessary. Otherwise, bandage Bernard's face and gel his neck if needed.

[4] There is a chance of saving Christophe! His right arm was torn off by the blast, and he has already lost a considerable amount of blood, so is faint, but his heart is still beating. You apply gel to the wound as well as bandage it thoroughly, but despite the gel's fast-acting nature, there is still a lot of blood soaking through the bandages.

(His torso has taken 3 damage so far. Bleeding will not do additional damage.)

This seems like a very very good time for an extended walk... Go for a walk outside the base area.

[5-new Miniquest] You take a walk outside, taking in the weather and the wonderfully desolate landscape. You spot a thing in the distance floating a little bit off the ground, although its dimensions are unknown so you can't tell precisely how far above the ground it is. But lightning strikes, and it flashes, so you can definitely tell it's an object that's reflecting light. Perhaps due to being drenched.

It is shaped somewhat like a round football from this angle.

(Miniquest) Keen Eye: Hit five moving targets at greater or equal to long range (Reward: +1 to long distance accuracy with all weapons)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:15:32 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47