Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48086 times)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 30 (Updated 12/11)
« Reply #480 on: December 17, 2015, 09:52:39 pm »

It is about 17 meters, which matches up well with a visual estimation. The shuttle computer also reports the distance as 17m.

"Interference? I can imagine..." says the stranger, looking up. He isn't wearing a suit, but he claims to be from the ship.
"As for a filter, this gentleman here..." he motions toward S.D. McGroove. "He seems to be wearing a local gas mask without any ill-effects. The high oxygen isn't getting to him I guess, but I imagine breathing this high-oxygen atmosphere for too long is bound to cause some kind of damage. I think our best bet in the long term is to build some kind of habitat with a controlled atmosphere, reinforced so it doesn't implode."

Night seems to have walked off somewhere away from the base. You can't find her inside the shuttle.
Nole sees the readout of 17m and thinks.  'Wait a second, there's no way that could be right.  That would imply the shuttle is...'  He looks up and notices the shuttle right in front of him.  "Oh."

*Facepalm*

When Graves produces the gardening book, Nole is drawn to it.  "I can take a look at it.  I understand the basics, I suppose.  But I'm sure there's a reason this book is built like a brick.  It'll be useful."  He takes the book from Graves and vows to peruse it when he has time.  "You guys have had more time to explore than me.  Is there somewhere better to set up a base camp?  I'm not sure these rainy plains are great.  And when I checked the soil analyzer the ground isn't fit for growing anything, not without fertilizer.  I would really like to get out of the rain, just saying.  Oh, and unless anyone thinks it's worth trying to bring our shuttle back online, considering it's condition, we should strip anything useful out, like the fuel cells."

To S.D. Macgroove, "Here you can use this respirator for now.  It's the last one." Nole grabs the respirator, filters, and oxygen tanks from the broken down suit and passes it to S.D.  "Sorry I couldn't give you the full suit.  It, uhh.. broke.  The other pieces are still in there, but I'm hoping to reuse the water recycler."

If possible Nole radio contacts just Night.
Quote from: To NightHawkAssassin
"Hey Night?  This is Nole.  Where'd you run off to?  We shouldn't split up more than we need to.  Besides, there's someone from the Sky Championship Dueling as well.  To use the radio, just look at the icon in the corner of the screen briefly.  The eye tracker will pick up your intent."

((And then I realized my action was getting spazzy, so I'll stop there and wait a turn before I do more things :P))

((I need to remember that crate of loot Pencil_Art found back on October 14, 2015, right before he left.  There was lots of good stuff there. D:))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:54:50 pm by Slayer1557 »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 18, 2015, 04:18:44 am »

"Thanks, but no, thanks. The gas mask should do fine for now. Anyways, what are out plans?"
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 18, 2015, 04:49:17 am »

"Thanks, but no, thanks. The gas mask should do fine for now. Anyways, what are out plans?"

"Do we have a drone? Something for reconnaisance? I don't want to expend shuttle fuel, but we should be able to launch.

But regardless, we need to assemble some scouting teams. I suggest we keep you along,"
he says to S.D.

"Along with some medical gels in case you get hurt. The rest of you are wearing hazardsuits, and I at least have a rebreather, so I know I'm breathing normal oxygen concentrations. How about I leave team Alpha, in the armored car, and we go north. Someone else takes leadership of team Bravo with the gun tank, and they can look south. Please watch fuel amounts; these vehicles must eat fuel like crazy given the noise they make."

The shuttles are VTOL aircraft, with a small thruster at the tip of each wing and two small thrusters on the body. The wings are rather large but they actually have a mechanism to separate the wings via explosive, in case the vessel is caught in a storm and greater stability is needed. The shuttle can fly stably without its wings, albeit at a significantly increased fuel cost.

Shuttle G2 also has a chin-mounted chaingun, unlike your shuttle.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:52:20 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 18, 2015, 05:07:46 am »

Follow the group I'm assigned to.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 19, 2015, 01:12:46 am »

High five S.D. in the face. "Nice work with the mine ha ha ha."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:48 am »

Alright, now that finals are done I can keep things moving.

Actions I have:

Follow the group I'm assigned to.

"You guys have had more time to explore than me.  Is there somewhere better to set up a base camp?  I'm not sure these rainy plains are great.  And when I checked the soil analyzer the ground isn't fit for growing anything, not without fertilizer.  I would really like to get out of the rain, just saying.  Oh, and unless anyone thinks it's worth trying to bring our shuttle back online, considering it's condition, we should strip anything useful out, like the fuel cells."

To S.D. Macgroove, "Here you can use this respirator for now.  It's the last one." Nole grabs the respirator, filters, and oxygen tanks from the broken down suit and passes it to S.D.  "Sorry I couldn't give you the full suit.  It, uhh.. broke.  The other pieces are still in there, but I'm hoping to reuse the water recycler."

"Hey Night?  This is Nole.  Where'd you run off to?  We shouldn't split up more than we need to.  Besides, there's someone from the Sky Championship Dueling as well.  To use the radio, just look at the icon in the corner of the screen briefly.  The eye tracker will pick up your intent."
Nole also picks up an ancient gardening book.

Check my inventory for anything I can use as a distraction while I escape.  If I have nothing, look for a place to hide.

Still need some real actions from Paphi and Twinwolf before I can do a full roll. I'll summarize the developments so far.

>Everyone is at home base, which consists of two shuttles, one that can fly, one that doesn't. They run on liquid oxygen and hydrogen, but the nonworking shuttle doesn't have any fuel to siphon since the tanks were ruptured.

>There are 3 new survivors: Night (an NPC), Ciri (Twinwolf), and S.D. McGroove (SaberTooth). Night currently ran off, but the others are here. S.D.'s wounds have been tended to.

>There are 6 frenchmen that need to be dealt with.

>There was a mining kit with some tools, science instruments, and a small ornithopter.

>Graves is suggesting you assemble into scouting teams and go in opposite directions to gather data on the landscapes.

>Cueball has mentioned a few possible projects:

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 10 Hull Plating from the body, 6 Hull Plating from the wings.
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding kit in the Assault Gun

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:04:24 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 19, 2015, 03:02:29 am »

((Quick question - back in the officer's tent, did I manage to snap any photos of the maps? I think I mentioned trying that, but I don't remember if it went through.

Also, thanks for the summary, I was beginning to lose track.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 19, 2015, 06:04:10 am »

((Quick question - back in the officer's tent, did I manage to snap any photos of the maps? I think I mentioned trying that, but I don't remember if it went through.

Also, thanks for the summary, I was beginning to lose track.))

((Oh, I was actually planning to draw them, but I never got around to them.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 19, 2015, 08:14:02 am »

Seeing as they might need some material soon, Ciri begins scrapping the non-working shuttle, unless anyone has objections. Nevermind, seeing as it's apparently a holding cell now. Ciri doesn't really have much else to do, then.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:39:41 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 19, 2015, 12:38:00 pm »

"Before I forget, I managed to get a few photos of maps from a Latin officer. They're not radsat images, but I think we're about... here."

Share the map images, pointing out -120°W, ~0°

"Let's see - if we're in Latin territory, we're safe from them so long as we keep this refugee paperwork. Only have one copy, so where should we keep it?"

And after a moment, looking towards the frenchmen, Hey! All you, uh, Franks! With me! You too, Cabinboy."

Lead them to the wrecked shuttle.

"You gentlemen are our esteemed guests for the time being. Keep in sight and don't try anything funny and we'll be good. We won't hurt you for no reason.

That being said, meet your new, robotic supervisor, CB. CB, keep our guests in line, would you? Entertain them if you need to, but keep an eye on them."

Use the shuttle as a temporary holding cell while we think of what to do with them. Be sure to remove anything that might inspire rebellion, especially the extend-o-shovels.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 20, 2015, 02:16:29 am »

"You gentlemen are our esteemed guests for the time being. Keep in sight and don't try anything funny and we'll be good. We won't hurt you for no reason.

That being said, meet your new, robotic supervisor, CB. CB, keep our guests in line, would you? Entertain them if you need to, but keep an eye on them."

"On it!" shouts the machine, his half-destroyed face looking all too giddy for some reason. Perhaps the face muscles are out of tension.
"But before you go, I kind of wondered..."
He sits down, blowtorch arm equipped.
"Why not just go to live with the soldier-people?"

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 20, 2015, 12:43:53 pm »

"Why not just go to live with the soldier-people?"
"I've considered that. Graves mentioned it earlier. I think it's why I want to keep these guys around for right now, was thinking after we settle down here, get our bearings, we could deliver these guys back to a camp of theirs. But we can still salvage our wreck, and we haven't quite regrouped yet, not to mention I still haven't seen that crazy whose face you scorched since we got back.

I wouldn't mind joining them, but we have our own affairs to manage at the moment. We have enough to offer, sure, but what happens if, say, those Latins find a printer and weapon or vehicle blueprints? If we wanna throw in with the French, we should get our essentials first.

I wouldn't mind letting these guys go, exactly, but I also want to keep the vehicles, and to send them out on their own on foot would be too risky. So, in a sense, keep them safe here, whether they like it or not, until we can bring them back.

Does that make sense?"

Speak!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 31 (Updated 12/21)
« Reply #492 on: December 21, 2015, 02:59:35 pm »

1825 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

Check my inventory for anything I can use as a distraction while I escape.  If I have nothing, look for a place to hide.

[5-new miniquest] You dive onto the ground. Although the terrain is mostly smooth, you sink in a little bit, and you can't see your pursuers. Logic dictates that they can't see you either, especially if they're using the old code that only does a raycheck from your center of mass. Even if you're poking out slightly, you should be invisible to NPC's.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Nole (Slayer1557):

"You guys have had more time to explore than me.  Is there somewhere better to set up a base camp?  I'm not sure these rainy plains are great.  And when I checked the soil analyzer the ground isn't fit for growing anything, not without fertilizer.  I would really like to get out of the rain, just saying.  Oh, and unless anyone thinks it's worth trying to bring our shuttle back online, considering it's condition, we should strip anything useful out, like the fuel cells."

You make a personal note that the respirators in the suit that can cover your mouth and nose are actually not present inside your helmet. Or rather that they are, but the two halves are kept in the back. The respirator automatically engages if the helmet is cracked or the seal is otherwise broken. But in the standard case scenario you're just wearing a bubble-like helmet much like an astronaut.

You send a personal message to Night, as you are able to see everyone in the party now (including Graves) labelled as "Team G2."

She responds:
Quote from: To Nole
"Oh, sorry! I thought were getting attacked, and I didn't have a weapon... so, um... are those NPC's friendly?"
[/quote]

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The wings are actually pretty useless, so you work on segmenting those out with the thermal lance.

[6] You cut them a bit rough around the edges, and the thermal lance almost overheats. Looks like it wasn't really designed to cut horizontal swaths through metal. It still works, though.
"Hey," says the man apparently called Graves. "Do you know how to use this?"
He hands you the ornithopter drone you found.
"It has a camera on it. If you open up the notification area on your display, you'll notice a Runetooth device floating around. Look at that and press this button on your chin, you'll get a camera feed."
His advice works. You now see what the drone sees. The omnidirectional camera view is pointed downward at first, but if you look at the arrows along the edge of the feed the view rotates as well.
"Can you do some recon with it? I'd like to see if you can get an overhead view, but if you think you'll get caught in the wind you can stay low and just scout the plain a bit."

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 10 Hull Plating from the body
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding kit in the Assault Gun

You have 6 Hull Plating

Cueball (Paphi):

(+2 due to the fact that you have a lot of weapons)
[2+2] The Franks seem to be startled at the suggestion of heading into a crashed plane. Eventually the English-speaker talks them down, but he reports,
"These men are weary, and they demand to be returned home. I don't know how I can tell them they are about to be imprisoned. But, since you are armed, I suppose none of them have a choice."
The blue-coated one speaks to the redcoat in French. With that, they both nod and start to herd the men into the shuttle. Without a sort of guiding wall, you leave C.B. there with his terminator-face and blowtorch arm to dissuade them from trying anything funny.

Cabinboy doesn't really have much to say after you answered his question. Graves though, does.
"Well, they're colonists, and you said they have some sort of lung modification that lets them breath here? I think we'll have to bring them back into the fold eventually, but we can remain a neutral party until we figure out how much of our tech each side has gotten. We can't be the only ones, am I right?"

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[6] You slam your fist into his gasmask.
Good job.

Armored Car
Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
7x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

[5-new Miniquest] One of the colonists slaps you in the face! The force causes you to see stars and breaks the gasmask.

Nole now hands you the respirator. You have no real option but to take it now. The respirator is powered by the air pressure from the tanks, and needs no power, although the air tanks won't refill themselves without the distiller module from the suit, which is also present although you aren't wearing it (but will require you to lug around the batteries in addition to the air tanks).
You took no damage.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:06:12 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 21, 2015, 03:24:45 pm »

"Alright."
Recon. Get reasonably high.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »

"Graves, what do you know about these people? How long were we in orbit that they, I guess, regressed so much? When you mentioned farming, I asked what you meant by it, not what farming is."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47