Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48196 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 11 (Updated 10/9)
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2015, 11:57:21 pm »

((I figured the Radio quotes were a good way of representing the relative separation of the radio chatter. Is it confusing to anyone else?))

"This should help him, as long as the lung keeps him breathing," Cueball says, pulling out a syringe.

If the oxygen is pure, inject medical gel into the colonist's throat and chest, aiming for the trachea and lungs, gauging the depth with dead reckoning and the doctor's assistance. Then fill several small containers with oxygel and pocket them.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2015, 12:30:48 am »

((Welp, it's been fun, time to die to space poison))

((Hope not, ha ha.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2015, 12:58:33 am »

((Ok, I think I've wrapped my head around the whole situation.  I had a bit of a hard time following the radio transmissions and stuff, since it looks like quotes, but at least I understand now.  Too bad Nole doesn't know any of that delicious info.))

((Just a note, the conversation between WunderKatze and Paphi could only be heard by them (and DigitalDemon's inactive character) because you don't have a radio tower and the weather gives severe interference.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2015, 01:02:43 am »

Mark attempts to cross the boundary.

You step over a puddle.

Tadaa! It's no longer raining. Since the air is much more clear, you can see more things: a slowly rolling landscape, with streaks of green-tinted slime everywhere and the occasional giant depression in the ground. These depressions seem to be filled with teeth, like some sort of maw.

In the distance, you spot a large crate sticking out of the ground. Around it are scattered parts and tools, including:
-A seismic radar for mapping the underground and determining rock type
-A mineral analyzer that grinds a piece of rock and tells you its composition.
-A Jackhammer than seems to be capable of shattering rock.
-Three extra spades.

The rest of the pieces are just spare parts, electronics, or shattered bits of technology. The crate itself is a simple metal box, although its bottom side is missing. You find it stuck in the sand three meters away.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 12 (Updated 10/13)
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2015, 01:33:54 am »

1650 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):
You step over a puddle.

Tadaa! It's no longer raining. Since the air is much more clear, you can see more things: a slowly rolling landscape, with streaks of green-tinted slime everywhere and the occasional giant depression in the ground. These depressions seem to be filled with teeth, like some sort of maw.

In the distance, you spot a large crate sticking out of the ground. Around it are scattered parts and tools, including:
-A seismic radar for mapping the underground and determining rock type
-A mineral analyzer that grinds a piece of rock and tells you its composition.
-A Jackhammer than seems to be capable of shattering rock.
-Three extra spades.

The rest of the pieces are just spare parts, electronics, or shattered bits of technology. The crate itself is a simple metal box, although its bottom side is missing. You find it stuck in the sand three meters away.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[4] The trooper carried with him quite a collection of items. It's unusual for an NPC, that's for sure. You also notice the body doesn't sink into the ground slowly, it just stays there.
That must put some strain on the physics engine, given the massive amount of mobs being killed at any one time.

You find:
-Magazines for your guns
-3x bandages
-A net full of purple fish, 12 to be exact, including the one the man pointed at you. Their teeth are sharp.
-A spear and a ceremonial sword

He also wore a helmet, which gives +1 defense but keeps falling off your own helmet, so it's hard to wear.

[3] There is no cover out in this floodplain, save for the river. You leap in, using the bank as cover. The hazard suit starts to hum, and you feel a warm sensation over all of your limbs.

The bleeding stops after a while, though, and the knife remains stuck. Your suit gives you a couple of low-HP warnings, but that should be fine soon enough.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

[6] You pump in some medical gel. The colonist convulses a few times, coughing up blood, but less blood each time. After a few minutes his eyes open. Apparently he gets enough oxygen now.

He doesn't talk though, even though he is moving his head around. He raises his arms and rests them on his chest.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[2] No unsupervised weapons out in the range.
[6] There are a few weapons inside the main room of the barracks. Said main room is also filled with soldiers.
[2] No unsupervised weapons in the vicinity of the armory, although you do find an unsupervised welding kit.
[3] Finally! You wander out into the rain a bit and see a standing object in the distance. Approaching it, you find a gun half-buried in the ground, with a helmet perched on top of it! It's a double deal!

The helmet kind of rolls off your suit's helmet though, so you'll have to find a fancy way to wear it.

Nole (Slayer1557):

You cook the food using a shovel. Not the most sanitary solution out there, but at least you can heat-sterilize it and there is plenty of water to wash it with.

To eat it, you take your helmet off momentarily, holding your breath, and take a very small bite.
[5-new miniquest] It's quite good, actually! While you tap the floor, you don't have any immediate negative reactions, so that's a plus.
You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.9 cooked
You have a cooked sand slug

[4] You tap... and hear three taps back! You try again, and it's the same sequence of taps each time, right after you tap the floor yourself.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

((No action x2... you've missed a lot. Are you having RL issues or is it just forgetfulness? You may want to consider dropping out for now.))

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:06:45 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2015, 02:20:14 am »

An unmarked grave? Damn it I really want that gun. Nyar spends a moment thinking. I wonder if...

Find unused metal/wood pole and swap it with the gun placing the helmet on top of it if possible.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:22:53 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2015, 03:39:54 pm »

The fish was not bad.  Bland, and the crunchy texture was like eating fish flavored bread that was left out for a week to get hard.  But it was edible.  Or at least it seemed that way.  Nole was still very nervous that he was going to puke his guts out, so he just set the food aside and investigated the tapping.  Taking the spade, he looked at it with annoyance.  If he used it for digging, he would have to clean it again if he wanted to cook more, but he wasn't about to shovel who knows how much dirt with his bare hands.  Besides, with all the rain he could always wash and sterilize it again.  'What I wouldn't give for a frying pan.'

If it seems feasible to get through the floor, like if I can get the panels up, or there's a breach I can use, do so.  Otherwise get to the closest spot on the outside of the vessel and try to dig under the pod to get to where the tapping is.

((Other mental goals:
1. Possibly use a suit heat pump to cool a container to act as a refrigerator/cooler.  Needs a reliable power source, a suitably insulated container.
2. Cut up/use a parachute to fashion bags/a backpack to carry all this bullshit.
3. Use the spare electronics to wire the microcharges for easier use.  Either a simple timer (like a grenade) or possibly to detonate on a signal.  Low priority until it seems there is a need for it.
4. Set up a water filtration system to stockpile some water, so we don't have to rely on our suit's systems.  Even this is temporary.  Not immediately necessary, since our suits are good for now, but won't last forever.
5. Don't die
6. Power source.  If we can recover a reactor of some kind that we brought from home, that would be ideal, but a longshot.  Otherwise, a water wheel (If the rain is perpetual or most of the time), could be the most accessible.  Depends on our access to burnable fuel as well.  They have gasoline here, but who knows when and how much we'll have access to.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:56:21 pm by Slayer1557 »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2015, 06:05:02 pm »

In the mean time I might as well go on a looting craze. Take welding kit. I figure that there's enough people around that they will just think some else took it.

You'll have to drag it around since it's heavy.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »

((We can probably salvage the wreck for a reactor. We'll have a functioning shuttle soon, and we can probably use the oxygel as fuel for a combustion engine. Don't forget there's a pile of stuff in the wreck from earlier. Should be one more shovel, and I think a metal detector. I could probably rig a set of grenades once I get that +1 after I get these batteries. I wouldn't recommend playing with explosives without a bonus.))

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »

((Yea, you're probably right about the explosives, if you can get that +1.  But, functioning shuttle?  What shuttle?  Grave's shuttle?  I'm losing things in the shuffle.  I'll have to read back to make sure I'm not missing something.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2015, 10:20:08 pm »

In the mean time I might as well go on a looting craze. Take welding kit. I figure that there's enough people around that they will just think some else took it.

You'll have to drag it around since it's heavy.

((Figures, I guess not then.))

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2015, 01:37:27 am »

((Yea, you're probably right about the explosives, if you can get that +1.  But, functioning shuttle?  What shuttle?  Grave's shuttle?  I'm losing things in the shuffle.  I'll have to read back to make sure I'm not missing something.))

((Let's see... WK, DD and I are in a camp. I'm trying to save a survivor, WK is exploring, and I'm thinkimg of sending DD back to the wreck. Graves is nearby in disguise, and his shuttle, which works, is also nearby. A vehicle to drag the shuttle is also on the objectives list, since high tech fuel is probably not abundant.

Also I'm really, really hoping that a horrible alien parasite is about to burst from this survivor. He seems too content for a 6.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2015, 11:38:13 pm »

Walk around in circles in order to spawn more enemies.  Fight, kill, and loot any enemies that spawn.  If i see another player, attempt to trade them my fish for more equipment.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2015, 02:08:31 am »

"Colonist, can you hear me?"

Cueball had seen enough old sci-fi horror movies to be paranoid about what would come next...

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2015, 01:04:19 am »

"Colonist, can you hear me?"

The colonist nods, but he points to his chest and then shakes his head.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47