Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48239 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 10 (Updated 10/6)
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2015, 11:24:09 pm »

"A skydiver? You jump out of airplanes?

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm one of you guys. A survivor. We fell from the sky. Does that ring a bell?

Oh wait... you sound like one of the nutjobs they stowed away in the last decades. You must have been wandering around this whole time without a clue. Is that right?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2015, 01:09:18 am »

Quote from: Radio
"Hello? Only survivors I know of are my group and a guy in critical condition at this camp. What's your location, over?"

To Ze Dokter: "I can try to put him back in the pod, maybe. Doubt it'll save him, but this atmosphere is probably killing him. But the power supply is gone; do you know where it is?"

Put some oxygel on the guy's wounds, then take some for myself if a container can be found. Hook the pod's computer up to my battery and quickly try to find out the pod's mothership, occupant name, anything important.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2015, 01:33:14 am »

"Yeah I heard about that one. He's a goner I reckon, the air's got pieces of volcanic glass in it. I got no idea how these, err, natives manage to breath the stuff.
The name's Ricardo Graves, by the way. Any chance you're the one I was texting?"

"I can try to put him back in the pod, maybe. Doubt it'll save him, but this atmosphere is probably killing him. But the power supply is gone; do you know where it is?"

"Why would the atmosphere kill him? Aren't you... human?

The power supply is in the armory I think. Civilians like me aren't allowed to go there. You'll have to talk to an officer in one of the tents."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:41:22 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2015, 01:49:37 am »

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm one of you guys. A survivor. We fell from the sky. Does that ring a bell?

"Explains the getup. Did your escape pod not have suits? Or did you exhaust the one you had?"

Oh wait... you sound like one of the nutjobs they stowed away in the last decades. You must have been wandering around this whole time without a clue. Is that right?"

"Nutjob? Fuck off, you're just another asshole. Look I didn't do anything, I have nothing to do with the virtual world bullshit. These people are all the same. Ugh. Might as well shoot myself and save the time.

After a short bit of silence Nyar calms down.

"So now we're here, what now?
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2015, 02:01:39 am »

I do not find a Magnus suit necessary, so I stripped mine down to the bare essentials, I'm talking through what's left of it. It's heavy and there are no motors to assist.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2015, 01:54:56 pm »

"The body needs time to adjust," Cueball says straight. "I will need the batteries back soon, but for now, tell me about your people. And what is the landshadow?"

"Sure am. Cueball, if you please. Glad we ran into each other, I'm stuck with a dingus and a crazy. Know where your shuttle is from here? And what can you tell us about these natives?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:18:09 pm by Paphi »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2015, 06:02:02 pm »

"The body needs time to adjust," Cueball says straight. "I will need the batteries back soon, but for now, tell me about your people. And what is the landshadow?"

"My people? Oh, ah, I get it. I don't know where you came from, but you must have not intended to land here if you don't know about us.

Umm, I don't have a map, so it's difficult to describe our position. I'll just say, if you see any men who speak a language different than these people, there is a good chance they are from the Reich. We are at war with them, serving under the Latin Crown, currently in interregnum.
As for me, I'm just a doctor. I have a family up in the highlands. I don't do any fighting or strategy, so you'll have to ask an officer.

The landshadow is the shadow of the land above us. It's a... ground formation, which blocks the rain. That's how you can tell you're under one. In fact there's one quite close."

"Sure am. Cueball, if you please. Glad we ran into each other, I'm stuck with a dingus and a crazy. Know where your shuttle is from here? And what can you tell us about these natives?"

My shuttle is parked just south of here. There isn't anything left other than supplies though. I took the shipbrain with me.

If we can borrow a car from these people we can drag it over to where yours touched down. The landing gear is still up, but I'd like to save our fuel as much as possible. These people are very low-tech, their supplies won't work with any of our equipment. The fuel's too low-octane and they don't even have batteries.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2015, 06:42:36 pm »

"We could probably make a generator from my shuttle, and the pods have some batteries we could string together. The oxygel is flammable too; we could probably make do.

I'm getting off track - do you have any pull in the camp? I need to get into the armory."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2015, 11:04:40 pm »

"We could probably make a generator from my shuttle, and the pods have some batteries we could string together. The oxygel is flammable too; we could probably make do.

I'm getting off track - do you have any pull in the camp? I need to get into the armory."

I'm wearing soldier's getup. I'm no officer, though. I don't know what they'd do if they found out I'm not a real soldier either, but for now nobody's suspicious. I can get into the armory... what do you need?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2015, 12:57:29 am »

"Um... Can I have a pistol and a sword?" Please? Gawd, this is my one and only chance.

"I almost died to some creature, I would like a way to defend myself."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:39:06 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2015, 12:59:44 am »

Give chase and tackle the trooper.  Steal his weapon and shoot him in the foot.  Then shoot his other foot.  Continue using my guns to shoot each part of his body.  This miniboss has to have a weak spot somewhere!

(Most of my actions up to this point have been suicidal and dangerous.  Let's see how much longer my luck holds  :P)
"Hello? Only survivors I know of are my group and a guy in critical condition at this camp. What's your location, over?"

To Ze Dokter: "I can try to put him back in the pod, maybe. Doubt it'll save him, but this atmosphere is probably killing him. But the power supply is gone; do you know where it is?"

Put some oxygel on the guy's wounds, then take some for myself if a container can be found. Hook the pod's computer up to my battery and quickly try to find out the pod's mothership, occupant name, anything important.

((These are the only actions I have so far.))

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2015, 02:03:34 am »

"There's a set of pod batteries somewhere in there. I doubt they'd let me in. A sidearm would be good. I don't know if we're exactly welcome here, but they seem cordial enough. What is the shipbrain - I mean, a chip, a drive, what?"

"The gel in the pod is a powerful healing agent. Take what you need. Do you know the direction of the nearest settlement? What was the... 'Burning of Origin'?"

Walk and talk, keep her distracted while I work. In addition to previous actions, rig the pod to detonate upon next reboot. Surely there's a heating system or particularly vulnerable circuit to exploit.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:43 am »

"See you later graves..." Nyar walks off back to the camp.

Go over and make conversation with the other guy at the shooting range. "So... Nice weather over here huh?"

"Tell me what exactly do you use all of these weapons for?"

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:58 pm »

Nole looks over the disassembled parts of the suit and nods to himself, "Yes... I could do something with these."  But his attention span got the better of him when he had an idea.  He used the soil analyzer on a sample of dirt.  Before I go crazy trying to cook up these fish, I'll check the soil for contaminants.  If the fish were living here, they would probably have some of that in their system.When that is complete, he tries to get a fire going.  Using the ship as a shelter from the rain, he strips some metal from the wall, or if there is metal debris, and fashions a fire pit.  Or at least something to try to contain a fire better than directly on the floor.  Use the oxygen gel to help start it using the battery to create a spark (Assuming there isn't anything around to more easily start a fire, too bad Cabinboy isnt around).  Gather brush or anything that looks burnable, and bring it inside.  Maybe I can get it dried by burning the oxygen gel first and keeping the other stuff nearby.

Survival Wizardry

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2015, 02:39:40 am »

Mark attempts to locate the source of the running water.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47