Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48042 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 3
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2015, 06:28:36 am »

((What exactly is my miniquest? I'm a bit confused about it.)) Investigate the giant ray.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2015, 02:16:20 pm »

For the moment Nyar forgoes his walk, he has become particularly interested in the oxygen gel after making good use of it to disinfect his wounds.

In the mean time I suppose we should at least try to save some of this stuff. Sizes up container to see how much of the oxygen gel it could hold.

I suppose it could be used to reduce the stress of G forces, I mean its not like we'll be throwing our self into the ground anytime soon, but you never know.

Being immersed in this gel is probably what allowed us to survive in the first place... Or was it my steel grit? I guess that would only explain how I survived.

I wonder how this stuff burns. Well? Or not so well? If it does, I imagine we could use it to set fire to things and possibly weaponize it, if not so well I imagine it would work as a fire retardant.

Either way if it burns well or not I imagine it would useful in the case of a burn, it would surely well lower the temperature of a burn or a fevered crashmate.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:44 pm »

"Hey robot, get over here. I would like you to burn some of this gel here for me. It's a sort of experiment I'd like to try."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2015, 02:46:49 pm »

((What exactly is my miniquest? I'm a bit confused about it.)) Investigate the giant ray.

((Oh, it doesn't exist. I forgot to write it. >.<))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2015, 02:51:27 pm »

Cueball scratched his head. "Magnetic? How do I do that? Our computer says undefined location. Uh, over."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »

In the mean time I suppose we should at least try to save some of this stuff. Sizes up container to see how much of the oxygen gel it could hold.

The PROSPECTING box is about .5x1x.5m, but it seems ruptured in a lot of places.

The cylinders themselves are each about two meters long and about two thirds of a meter in diameter, so their volume each 3-ish m³. With six tubes (one empty, one holding a body--you probably don't want to use the one with the body for disinfectant) you have about 18000 liters of fresh oxygel.

Cueball scratched his head. "Magnetic? How do I do that? Our computer says undefined location. Uh, over."

Magnetic, starting with the pole of the planet. The north pole is 0 degrees, the equator is 90 degrees. Do you not have a map? The lines are labelled.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:05:02 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2015, 03:18:06 pm »

Didn't even think to look.

Look for a map and send them our location.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2015, 04:05:08 pm »

Dips hand in cylinder and tries to move hand through gel quickly to check its use as a impact reducing agent. Now I feel like a two year old.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »

Didn't even think to look.

Look for a map and send them our location.

Oh perfect, there's a file called map.lyr in the shuttle's filesystem. You open it up and... find that it's blank. A label on the topmost layer states: "Data to be provided by expeditionary probes 0, 1, 3, 7."

Those probes never reached the surface. They went defunct almost as soon as they hit the atmosphere.

Dips hand in cylinder and tries to move hand through gel quickly to check its use as a impact reducing agent. Now I feel like a two year old.

The gel is quite gelatinous, similar in consistency to the kind of oil used to grease mechanical parts.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:08 pm »

"Looks to be a big 'no' on a map, fellas."

He thought a moment.

"We're in a floodplain. No idea how wide the basin is, but I'm trying to set up a transponder. Do you have some kind of transport that can handle mud?

Program the ship's radio to act as a transponder at 40-50MHz.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2015, 08:42:43 pm »

"Hey, are any of you guys familiar with the new update?  I've been offline for awhile, and I haven't had a chance to read a summary of the new version.  Sorry for being such a newb, lol."

Ask other players and NPCs for information.  If they provide no useful info, then check my friend list.  Maybe my pals are online!
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2015, 12:55:13 am »

"Yeah, the update is pretty gnarly. They revamped the UI for full immersion, no menus, no friend lists, just unadulterated realism. Oh and here's the real kicker, if you die you die in real life too."

This should help get some use outa this chump, but of course I gotta add my twist. "Oh and doing a Swahili rain dance can help generate rare loot, so you might want to get cracking on that."

"Yeah, and you see that bald guy over there, cueball? He's a bugged NPC everything he says is bullshit so don't listen to him."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2015, 03:37:43 am »

((Right :/. Also, what about me investigating the ray?))

"Hey robot, get over here. I would like you to burn some of this gel here for me. It's a sort of experiment I'd like to try."
He rolls over briefly. "It would be my pleasure!" Cabin-Boy gets his blowtorch hand out and lights the oxygen gel on fire.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2015, 04:13:23 am »

The giant ray looks like a giant ray. It doesn't react to your presence, and in fact it doesn't have any eyes on the top. Behind it is a giant trail of sludge, ((Trailing off to the "west")) which is slightly green-tinted and definitely a stark contrast to the surrounding sands. The reason you couldn't see the trail before is because of the angle--you would have had to see through meters of gentle mist along the ground first.

He rolls over briefly. "It would be my pleasure!" Cabin-Boy gets his blowtorch hand out and lights the oxygen gel on fire.

((How much of it do you want to burn??))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2015, 04:17:11 am »

The giant ray looks like a giant ray. It doesn't react to your presence, and in fact it doesn't have any eyes on the top. Behind it is a giant trail of sludge, ((Trailing off to the "west")) which is slightly green-tinted and definitely a stark contrast to the surrounding sands. The reason you couldn't see the trail before is because of the angle--you would have had to see through meters of gentle mist along the ground first.

((How much of it do you want to burn??))
((Just 1 unit. Idk how much Nyar wants to burn.))
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47