Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 47979 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 38 (Updated 1/21)
« Reply #600 on: January 22, 2016, 05:05:53 am »

Cueball admires his handiwork. It was good to be in his element again. "So, the vehicles are updated a bit, the sled is good... We might be mobile here soon!"

Noticing the printer, "Excellent! Good work! This makes things easier... Lemme see that."

Fix the printer. Then connect the blueprint chip. Look for easy shuttle upgrade parts - preferably involving propulsion, like an electrolyzer, or more efficient engines. Share the blueprints for faster searching.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:54:33 pm by Paphi »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 22, 2016, 06:44:04 am »

Help Cueball.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 22, 2016, 06:47:02 am »

Also help Cueball.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 22, 2016, 11:41:11 pm »

Just kidding. I finished it.

I also configured Notepad++ with some of my commonly used BBcode tags. It's harder to get lost in the textwalls now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2025 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

[2] Cueball seems to already have it handled... You just help him clean the surface afterward.

Two screeching birds fly overhead, toward the fish cloud to the west.

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 8 Hull Plating from the body (can trim 2 more)
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding/cutting kit in the Assault Gun

You have 0 Hull Plating
You have 0 Metal Plating

You have a cargo sled which can easily transport cargo by hand

Nole (Slayer1557):

Nole replied, "Yea, I'm not sure I could understand without actually experiencing it.  I'll just have to take your word on it.  Will you be ok without access to the portals?  I'm not sure we'll be getting anything like that working any time soon."

When they discover the scorched crater he added, "Alright, let's check it out and see if there's any survivors.  From the looks of things, I wouldn't be certain of anything.  Be careful in case they're hostile.  If we can't pick up on Mark's signal, we should probably turn back after this.  I don't want to get so far we get lost.  Do you agree?"

Nole approaches the crater, keeping an eye out for movement from the wreck or the surrounding area.  Does the wreck look recent?  Things still burning?  Check for survivors first.  No survivors?  Take stock of what remains and what is in working order.
((Oh, and how far have we travelled from the shuttle, in either time or distance?  With how post by post RTD's go, I'm never sure if it's minutes or hours.  Possibly useful: How long has it been since we woke up, and I set that timer?))

You've been walking for no less than 20 minutes, so you're roughly between one and two kilometers away from the base. The radio connection is still crystal-clear.

As you approach the crater, Night comments on the virtual world:
"I wouldn't discount the possibility of bringing it back. Especially if we come into contact with... uh... the...colony ship ghost? I wonder where she is."
She doesn't seem even slightly shocked by the sight of bodies near the tank.

[5-new miniquest] You investigate the exploded vehicle, noting that the fuel tank seems to have been the cause of the explosion. The fire is not smoking, although your suit's olfactory sensors simulate the smell of burnt metal and flesh with a stunning resemblance to the real thing.
It seems most of the dead people crawled around a bit before their deaths. One of them seems to have died from a gunshot wound to the temple, but the gun is nowhere to be found. In fact, all of them seem to be missing their pistols.
You notice an unburnt white bandage soaked in the sand next to one of the bodies.

They are all wearing what used to be army uniforms except the fully-blackened one... who is actually in a Magnus Suit! It seems to be offline (radio turned off), but the material looks completely unharmed.
You haven't touched any of the bodies yet, because all of them are stripped clean of equipment.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

[4+1 (from S.D.)] With McGroove's help, you flip the printer over and connect the wiring. Finally, you move the terminal back into place and connect the machine to a powersupply, after cleaning it of course.

The device, to your interest, boots up perfectly. The viewscreen allows you to browse through the selection of parts from before.

You find that there aren't really upgrades available for the shuttle. The blueprints you have are what the shuttle is given and what is needed to repair the shuttle. There is, however, an experimental engine that uses thrust vectoring for more maneuverability. You could build that one instead of a regular engine, but there is an "UNTESTED" label on the blueprint.
An electrolysis tank is present, as are replacement systems for the fuel injection system, tanks, and hull. Pretty much every part in a shuttle is here.

You hover your hand over the PRINT button, but it glows red. The screen reads: NO SUBSTRATE.

Spoiler: Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Has a powerful drivetrain (evasion penalties due to armor are halved)
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

[5] Hey, you think you might actually understand some of this after all. You help Cueball with the repairs and then help him search.

Together you locate all the replacement parts needed to repair the shuttle. The printer is, however, unable to print, for it has no printing material.

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

attempt to make a weapon out of the gas mask but still be able to use it as a gas mask if necessary look for others and head towards them.
Go away stupid fish.

[5] You notice that the gasmask's strap can be tightened, allowing you to strange people with it. You practice by slapping some of the red fish out of the air and parrying them as they fly toward you.

Two birds fly overhead into the swarm of red fish. The swarm starts to disperse as the alien creatures, which look somewhat like ancient flying dinosaurs, but with warm bioluminescent lights on their wingtips and heads, catch and spear some of the little animals out of the air. Their agility is surprising.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Hm... I'll have to cook this latter.

Where did that drone go?

Continue walking.

The drone is still staring at the dead body in the river. It seems rather focused.

[3] You end up finding a cave entrance downriver. There are some rapids flowing into it, so it's going to be dangerous to enter. However, the river heading into the cave is fed by another river, a massive one unlike anything you've ever seen. It's so wide that you almost can't see across it, but you can.

Because on the other side of this larger river is a wall, about 250 meters away. A giant natural rock wall that stretches to both horizons and disappears in the fog. It seems to overhang somewhat above the water.

Armored Car
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively
>A metal detector with an extensible handle

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 39 (Updated 1/22)
« Reply #604 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »

Try and scavange for useful tech and if i see anyone who looks friendly wave them over.
Hello! Anyone!?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 23, 2016, 12:44:21 am »

Hmmm...

!

"I think we might have a shot at something here. I'm gonna see if I can't upgrade G2's thrusters. There's an experimental engine design here."

Find the voxel crates. See if there's some way to approximate their mass to the mass of printed objects. If enough voxels are present, print the engine. Don't install it yet.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 23, 2016, 03:39:52 am »

Try and scavange for useful tech and if i see anyone who looks friendly wave them over.
Hello! Anyone!?

Lightning strikes, and you see the shadow of some kind of vehicle. Moving closer, you find two aircraft parked next to each other. One of them is crashed, while the other looks unharmed.

There are two tanks nearby.

There's also two big holes in the ground and a bunch of people running around. They're not wearing gasmasks, it doesn't seem.

Hmmm...

!

"I think we might have a shot at something here. I'm gonna see if I can't upgrade G2's thrusters. There's an experimental engine design here."

Find the voxel crates. See if there's some way to approximate their mass to the mass of printed objects. If enough voxels are present, print the engine. Don't install it yet.

The Voxels are back in the pilot's seat. Perhaps they're stored there because the cockpit is more likely to wear a pressure suit during flight, whereas if the voxels leaked while the shuttle was landed and nobody was wearing pressure suits...

Looking closer, the crates have several ports on the side, each of different colors, labelled "Fe," "Si," "Cu," "C1," "C2," "Sn," and "FG." Perhaps the box is layered, and the metallic dust is only the top layer.

Either way, the crates slide neatly into the bottom of the printer. You have 300kg total of material to print with. It won't be enough to make the shuttle, but it can replace certain parts, including parts for the thruster. The thruster itself looks like it'll need 1000kg though, and the shuttle has four of them.
"You technically only need one engine to fly. You just can't go into orbit without four." notes Graves.
"If we find the third shuttle we could scrounge together just enough if we make use of existing parts and try to save some space. Maybe neglect printing some of the nozzle..."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:52:24 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 23, 2016, 04:49:22 am »

Look for a long rope and something to tie it to near the reactor hole. Then tie it around my waist and slowly enter the  hole, hand at my gun.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 23, 2016, 12:00:51 pm »

Wave and run towards them say this to them.
Hey!! Hello!! I'm Nigel.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 23, 2016, 12:49:19 pm »

Grab for my gun and aim at this charging threat and determine if he is a threat or not.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 23, 2016, 01:39:18 pm »

"Salvage will get us by for now. It's mostly this motor I want to test, but that can wait. You don't happen to have any more voxels in G2, Graves?"

Noticing the new arrival, Cueball cranks up his speakers. "Hold there, stranger! What's your business?"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:14:53 pm by Paphi »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 23, 2016, 01:57:42 pm »

"Salvage will get us by for now. It's mostly this motor I want to test, but that can wait. You don't hapoen to have any more "

Noticing the new arrival, Cueball cranks up his speakers. "Hold there, stranger! What's your business?"
She stops when you ask
Um! I was looking for people!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 23, 2016, 02:12:56 pm »

She stops when you ask

"If you're a colonist, you've found a safe enough place. Come on over, we're preparing to move."

Quote from: Radio
"Nole, report. We've found a printer, the vehicles are reinforced, and we've made a sled. We're prepared to move as soon as we're ready."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 23, 2016, 02:16:26 pm »

She stops when you ask

"If you're a colonist, you've found a safe enough place. Come on over, we're preparing to move."

Quote from: Radio
"Nole, report. We've found a printer, the vehicles are reinforced, and we've made a sled. We're prepared to move as soon as we're ready."
Um i woke up in a pod in a river....but I'll be happy to come along
Nigel walks over there.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 23, 2016, 05:22:51 pm »

Figures, a natural baricade. Look for moving targets on the far side of the river if so engage them. I guess I could practice my marksmanship.

Also take inventory of ammunition and estimate depth of large river.

((I'm assuming the large river has a rapid pace that would make it dangerous to cross.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47