Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48155 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/18)
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:38 am »

1750 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

You walk around for a bit. The spawn seems like a good place to grief, no? But there's probably some kind of spawn protection present. So you decide to move on to fertile waters. The rainy wasteland, to be exact.

You come across a place to the north where the rain suddenly stops at a boundary on the dirt. It must be a place where the biomes switch. This new biome has a dark sky and much clearer weather, and you can see a group of people out in the distance. Player or not, you can use the swarm to your advantage here, so you run at them, closing into medium distance before they react.
(3) They fire at you with their rifles from a distance. [Evasion: 3] You are unable to dodge bullets, unfortunately, [1+1] and the bullets tend to be very effective at damaging your armor. That's unfortunate. Really. But you don't feel any virtual wounds at all--it looks like this armor is highly effective against impacts (1 damage).

Attracted to the gunfire, apparently, the red fish cease to accost you and instead fly at the enemy soldiers. You hear cursing over the VoIP in French.
(It's quiet due to distance, but this was implemented to prevent premade teams from getting an advantage)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The girl walks over to you and shakes your hand.
"You too! I'm NightHawkAssassin."

Nole (Slayer1557):

"Hypo...?"
Reluctantly, she accepts the suit. You have no more extra Magnus suits.

"Well, to start off, do you know when this storm is going to end? I always wanted to see a real sky, not the fractal-generated ones."

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.9 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Drive over the infirmary. I really should go about securing a nice hat for myself. The hierarchy must be established.

You drive over, peering through the small slit at the driver's window. [3] As it turns out, your situational awareness in this thing is crap, so you can't tell when you are about to run into the infirmary until its too late~

For curiosity's sake, you decide to turn the turret. It rotates extremely fast, and there are a few sparks from the batteries connected to the motor as well.

Cueball (Paphi):

You hear a loud rumbling sound, like the clanking of parts and the strenuous activity of a motor engine. Then, the rest of the wall comes down.
Nyar is inside a huge pyramidal tank thing. It doesn't have treads though, so perhaps it would be considered an armored car instead.
The turret on the huge car begins to rotate--and you hear a loud squeal as the motor tears through a quarter of a turn in less than a second.

The pod can be easily rolled out of the building, slid through the giant hole in the wall, and then tied to the armored car using the rope
With the pod in tow, the motor seems strained, but you're not sure if that's not just normally the case. It's carrying an awful lot of armor.

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

[5-new trait] Before helping the others, you check underneath some of the rubble. Somehow, you find a loaded pistol.

A giant vehicle comes bursting through the wall before stopping abruptly. It rides on four wheels, but it features huge pyramidal sloped armor and what looks to be a smoothbore gun mounted on a turret.
Cueball gets to work moving the cryopod you came in. You see blood in the gel, which might be yours.

The doctor seems to have given up on convincing Cueball. She huddles over the body and feels his pulse, then sobs.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/20)
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2015, 06:45:41 am »

"That's a bit long, could I just call you 'Night'?" Ciri says. Names seem to have gotten wweeiirrdd after she went into stasis.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2015, 10:31:30 am »

"Holy fuck!"
I run away, screaming all the way.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2015, 08:10:09 pm »

"That's a bit long, could I just call you 'Night'?" Ciri says. Names seem to have gotten wweeiirrdd after she went into stasis.

"Sure! That sounds cool. Though not quite aggressive enough."

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2015, 11:39:04 pm »

Having fulfilled my griefing urges, run away while laughing mockingly.  Then, when I'm alone, fiddle around with my items and try to craft some kind of weapon using my fishy stuff.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2015, 01:13:08 am »

"Survivor! Get back here you dingus! It's Nyar, for crissake, one of us!" Curball shouts toward Smooth, watching with a mixture of frustration and amusement. Shaking his head, he goes to check the inside of the tank.

"Nice entrance, kid. You know we're gonna have to pick up that ding-"

He's interrupted by the sight of the pod batteries. Giving Nyar a deathly stare, he calmly states, "Did I not tell you to inform me as soon as you found these?"

He looks back at the dead doctor.

"Shit, I guess it doesn't matter now. Find anything else of interest in the workshop? The more transport we have, the better. They're already going to be hunting us down for this."

Quote from: Radio
"Graves, what's your status?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2015, 05:55:56 am »

"Graves, what's your status?"

I disarmed the engineers. We need to get out of here now.

He shows up from behind car with three pistols in his hands, excluding the one in his holster. He goes for the armored car.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »

((Behind the armored car or a different one?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2015, 06:11:46 pm »

((Behind the armored car or a different one?))

The armored car. It's faster than he is, so it took time to catch up.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2015, 01:54:24 am »

"Right, let's bail. Load up!"

Get everyone in the car, including Smooth, then drive to Graves' shuttle.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2015, 05:17:22 pm »

"Who's that idiot?" Nyar laughs watching S. D. run.

Pull up next to S. D. after he gets in drive to grave's shuttle.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2015, 05:50:56 pm »

1755 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[3] You retreat, bringing back a few fishes which hound you like stragglers. [Defense: 1+1] They scratch your suit a couple of times before they float off, swimming in a rather fluid motion. The designers must know nothing about physics.

With your items, you try arranging them in different patterns to see if they snap into place and transform into some item. There must be some bronze-tier gear out here, that's how all the other survival portals are balanced.
[5 - new miniquest] After some fiddling, you realize the autocrafting system isn't going to work here. You instead hope the physics lets you bind items together and lo, you mount a fish on your rifle like a bayonet, using pieces of its fins tied together as rope. Rather efficient, you must say. (+2 accuracy/-2 power at close range).
The redfish bodies are no longer intact.

You hear the crackling of flame in the distance. It looks like one of the soldiers you unleashed the redfish on is burning them with a flamethrower. It has a wide nozzle so it disperses the fuel into the air.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

"Sure! That sounds cool. Though not quite aggressive enough."
She puts a finger to her chin, as if pondering something.
"My I.D. number was 15299. My angel told me to memorize it, so I still remember. Anyway, I'm staaaarving~"

You're not all that hungry, despite a long sleep in a cryopod.

Nole (Slayer1557):

((Continued from above))
"Anyway, I'm staaaarving~"

The girl climbs back to her pod and starts scooping some of the oxygel into her hands. She brings it up into the shuttle, takes off her helmet, and eats it.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.9 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Seeing as the survivor is running away, you have no choice but to pursue. Cueball gets inside, and Graves jumps on the back of the vehicle, dropping his three pistols.

[6] You pull back on the throttle to the point where the wheels skid over the sand. With your combination of limited visibilty and nonexistent traction, you meander about, crashing into several structures and empty tents, chasing S.D. as he screams and flees.
Graves barely manages to open the hatch and get inside, what with your driving. But as soon as he enters, he shouts over the nosie of the engine:

I saw explosions in the sand behind us!

Cueball (Paphi):

[1] He's too fast! The HEV suits you guys are all wearing have no servo motors or anything to augment your muscle strength. So naturally, you will be a bit slower than a person wearing just a jumpsuit. Judging from the survivor's mobility, he must have been thawed a while ago, so his muscles have had time to recover.

With no other choice, you have to board the armored car to pursue him. But Nyar's driving is abysmal, as you discover.

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

[4] You leap away from the machine and out into the rain. Running a fair distance away, you see a very short crane hanging in the distance, with a rope attached to a piece of shrapnel on the ground. There is a big pile of sand around the shrapnel piece.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/22)
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2015, 05:53:02 pm »

lel
Hide somewhere nearby. If they don't find me, I shall scavenge for goodies near the crane. Carefully.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »

"So we grabbing this bitch or should I run him over?" Nyar hollers over the engine.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »

"Shit! We can't leave him.

I'll get him on foot. You three get to the shuttle, load the pod on it, then have Cabinboy direct you to the crash site. I'll find my own way back. Graves, do you have a sidearm for me?"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47