Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: The Illustrated Dwarf  (Read 26916 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Illustrated Dwarf
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2016, 06:53:26 am »

There's ALWAYS time for looting!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

lunephile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2016, 02:20:13 pm »

not just a PTW but honestly "the" PTW. Are you putting them all together in an actual book? Or are your dwarves still scrambling around putting the quires together?

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2016, 12:34:37 pm »

not just a PTW but honestly "the" PTW. Are you putting them all together in an actual book? Or are your dwarves still scrambling around putting the quires together?

Once this story ends, I need to put a push on for the next book.  I have an outline of where it is going, and it is one third sketched.  There will likely be a hiatus.

Also, I have another story after the next book.  Also a good one.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2016, 03:22:28 pm »

It feels like the first book needs a final page to cover the inevitable fall of a Dwarf Fortress. Whether from invasion, accidental magma/water flood, tantrum spiral or whatever, there's always another seven ready to head out and start over.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2016, 04:25:11 pm »

It feels like the first book needs a final page to cover the inevitable fall of a Dwarf Fortress. Whether from invasion, accidental magma/water flood, tantrum spiral or whatever, there's always another seven ready to head out and start over.

The second book will cover the life cycle of a fortress.  I am concerned, however, that I may have bit off rather a lot. . .

I'm just getting to the stage where things are functioning "normally".

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2016, 12:19:16 pm »

Actually, Dwarves make surprisingly good dancers.  You should see my all-dwarven rendition of "Carp River".  It's graceful and elegant, with plenty of screaming.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2016, 06:41:49 pm »

The second book will cover the life cycle of a fortress.  I am concerned, however, that I may have bit off rather a lot. . .

I'm just getting to the stage where things are functioning "normally".

Define normally in DF - I assume you mean Dwarfs dieing everywhere cause !!FUN!!  :D

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2016, 03:15:26 pm »

PTW. This is fantastic.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

Trust me.  This would look way cooler if it was animated.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »

This fluffy wambler is apparently sharp as a razor. . . Maybe I should keep some as ammunition in my next Fortress.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2016, 07:32:24 pm »

One of the greatest triumphs of Dwarf Fortress ever told, now in glorious shades of pencil coloring :P  Bravo mate.  Once I realized where you were going with this set, I immediately reread the bunny story, and then lost several hours just revisiting the Hall Of Legends.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2016, 05:59:00 pm »

Well that's pretty awesome.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2016, 08:38:04 am »

This was, without a doubt, my favourite page in this series.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2016, 08:43:45 am »

And then he makes Fluffy Wambler stew.
No? Well I am pretty sure he's hungry after that ordeal.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2016, 10:30:54 am »

It totally happened.  You can check Snopes and everything.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12