Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: The Illustrated Dwarf  (Read 26951 times)

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Illustrated Dwarf
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2016, 09:29:41 pm »

I love this so much, can't believe I just found it!

Your style is great, dude. Keep it up- but don't let it get in the way if real life comes knocking.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2016, 09:43:23 am »

Time to gear up for a possible siege. . . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2016, 03:54:16 pm »

It's a dungeon crawl!  You like dungeon crawls, don't you?

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2016, 04:08:41 pm »

Once finished, I am printing this and distributing it like a religious tract.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2016, 06:33:14 pm »

This reminds me of the "Grimtooth's Traps" series of books.   I loved those books...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2016, 12:54:48 pm »

These are getting better and better :) Please continue.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2016, 10:10:09 am »

Oh, intercourse the world!

This is the end of Book One.  I have sketched about 20 pages of Book Two.  It will be a a bit text-heavier.  I am maybe about a third of the way though the sketching.  It's actually the hardest part.  Inking, shading, and colouring can be done much more rapidly. 

In the meantime, I may post another illustrated story.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2016, 02:58:59 am »

I like Magma !

Anyway, you're doing very fine. I don't post everytime you do, but it's really a good job. I'm still hoping for my forgotten beast !

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2016, 09:48:34 am »

Points to whoever can do the translation.

I planned this story out some time ago.  I completed it before the rest of the Illustrated Dwarf.  I still need to get my act together and finish the next book.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2016, 12:30:48 pm »

The fall of
akest Nudenotang tishak egres

Akest means dominate in Dwarven, and tishak is Typhoon, Nudenotang seems to be a combination of Nuden (=regal) and something else. Nothing on egres, sadly.

edit: fixed a small translation error...not sure why I thought Nude was Tide...odd.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:35:50 pm by Kadian »

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

The fall of
akest Nudenotang tishak egres

Akest means dominate in Dwarven, and tishak is Typhoon, Nudenotang seems to be a combination of Nuden (=regal) and something else. Nothing on egres, sadly.

edit: fixed a small translation error...not sure why I thought Nude was Tide...odd.

Extra points if you recognize the story.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

Extra points if you recognize the story.

I'm not going to take the extra points, as I had to google it, but now i know the reference/story :P Oh my, I never knew fluffy wamblers would be so deadly. The Name in the link is Eges though, not egres. Oh well!
For anyone who want to know the story Knick is talking about, here's a small link  ;D

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2016, 09:50:18 am »

Hy-up!

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2016, 11:47:17 am »

Oh, this is going to be fun. We will see a lot of blood, won't we?  8)

Armok will be pleased.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2016, 12:33:23 pm »

Ah yes, but it will be beautifully water-coloured blood.

Nice art Knick.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12