Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The Illustrated Dwarf  (Read 26911 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Illustrated Dwarf
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 01:02:48 pm »

Rule 34.  No Exceptions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am uncomfortable with this.

Wait.

*fixes pants*

Ok, that's better.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 01:22:11 pm »

I would swear I've seen your work somewhere before... or artwork done in a similar style to yours. 

Regardless, this is a very awesome project you've embarked on and I look forward to seeing more of it!

Probably in some of the old forgotten Beasts Art Contests.  Partially inspired by DarkerDark, although ink and cross-hatch has been my preferred style for a very long time. 
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 08:08:44 am »

Don't believe that Disney shit, here's the REAL story.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 10:29:05 am »

Kinmelbil....of course, Boatmurdered ! (PTW, by the way, if only you could do the entire Boatmurdered story illustrated ! I would gladely pay for it).

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 12:21:05 pm »

Kinmelbil....of course, Boatmurdered ! (PTW, by the way, if only you could do the entire Boatmurdered story illustrated ! I would gladely pay for it).

Yes.  Another Boatmurdered character has already appeared.  See if you can figure out who.

Boatmurdered was my introduction to Dwarf Fortress.  It has a special place in my heart.  A violent, elephant-strewn, miasma-ridden, burning place.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 12:36:47 pm »

Of course, Sankis trying to drink Magma ! But it wasn't dumb, it was such a glorious move !!

(I have translated the whole thing in French, so I begin to know it by heart ^^).
I also like the Journal of Kith, which is (even) more gruesome and terrifying !

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 03:00:17 pm »

Of course, Sankis trying to drink Magma ! But it wasn't dumb, it was such a glorious move !!

(I have translated the whole thing in French, so I begin to know it by heart ^^).
I also like the Journal of Kith, which is (even) more gruesome and terrifying !

Close.  You got Sankis right.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 03:53:39 pm »

Who else ? The elephant (but it's not a character) ?

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 07:38:12 pm »

Who else ? The elephant (but it's not a character) ?

It's Queen Sankis the beardless who went mad and beat a cow to death.  I took some liberties and did not depict her on fire.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 08:56:35 am »

. . . but the funny thing is, you never see the final stage of digestion, which is probably just as well. . .

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 01:08:00 am »

Somebody should eat fly brains in real life. I wonder how the dwarfs get the fly brains. Must be a delicacy.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:53 am »

Career day in the Fortress!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

Thank you for sharing, this is all kinds of brilliant :)  I would love to see a sketch about the peculiarities of Dwarven Engineering; i.e. building a staircase from above, desalination via pump, giant cheese statues, etc.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 11:49:27 am »

I am TOTALLY raising my kids this way.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with a Children's Aid Society social worker. . .

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 01:00:42 pm »

Continue this way !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12