Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28398 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2015, 01:57:41 am »

Turn 14

( I took a break from the forums for a bit, should be back on regular schedule. Beirus, haven't done your character yet but feel free to post an action next turn. )

Look around. Flex. Search for a steel chair.

You look around your surroundings, flexing all the while. PERCEPTION: [2 + 1(wisdom)] = 3
Unfortunately, there are no steel chairs in the vicinity. On the bright side, you see a couple figures in CQC; looks like fun!

That rocket launcher is mine now.

You absorb the rocket launcher. +Size [Small, 20/100], +Spell [Force Bubble (4, abjuration)]
You feel the magic enter your being. It's a difficult spell (as most Old Earth magic is), but even if you fail you'll probably be able to pull off a weaker version of it.

Grab his weapon and finish him off.

As he feels his wound, you grab his gun and attempt to tear it from his grasp. STRENGTH: [1] = CRIT FAIL VS [5 - 1(injury)] = 4
He pushes you off, and tries to get in firing position. MANEUVER: [1] = CRIT FAIL VS [9 + 2(dexterity)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Despite his attempts to level his weapon at you, you keep tapping the weapon this way or that, or getting too close for him to lower the gun. Before long, you've bullied him against a wall.

AWW YEAH! Absorb the bodies! All of them!

What a feast! You dig in to a delicious meal. ABSORPTION: [9 + 1(absorption)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Within half a minute, all the dead or unconscious have been consumed. You turn your attention to the two remaining figures; one's of no interest (metal), while the other is a tasty meatbag.

Continue taking cover.

You and Heldentenor continue taking cover from the robot, who's opened fire on the table you're ducking behind. Bullets whiz by your head, and after about fifteen seconds they stop.

Travel down the air shaft with care, leaving the now certainly powerless cleaner robot behind.

( The battery gave you 30 EU. )

You leave your powerless comrade behind, traveling through the ventilation system carefully. After about a minute of this, you reach an opening; you can also see one a little bit further down.

SaberToothTiger: +5 XP (wisdom)
Zormod: +10 XP (combat-related), +10 XP (dexterity)
Peradon: +25 XP (absorption)

Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2015, 04:17:49 am »

Charge them and do a double clothesline on them.

Spoiler: SaberToothTiger (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:11:57 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2015, 05:34:56 am »

Go looking for more batteries.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:10:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2015, 07:48:21 am »

((I think I've lost interest in this. Sorry. I'm okay with getting murdered by the droid next turn.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:30:49 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2015, 08:31:19 am »

((Nooooo, Aadhaya and Heldentenor's unlikely alliance will come to an end :( ))
Ready my rifle, and prepare to shoot.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2015, 05:48:00 pm »

Get a firm grip on the gun, and kick his chest.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:13:36 pm by Zormod »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2015, 07:12:50 pm »

((Did I get bigger that last round?))

ABSORB THE MEATBAG! JUMP ONTO HIM WITH ALL THE FORCE I CAN MUSTER!

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2015, 07:48:22 pm »

((I think I should be able to keep up with my character sheet once I have one, if it helps.))

Look around for anything useful, like a weapon. Or a bigger weapon. Or armor.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2015, 03:48:57 am »

Turn 15

[ Alright, finished up with finals. Go ahead, Moonlit; you appear in the same room everyone else did. Feel free to post actions; I'll do yours and Beirus' sheet probably in the next turn. ]

Charge them and do a double clothesline on them.

Get a firm grip on the gun, and kick his chest.

((Did I get bigger that last round?))

ABSORB THE MEATBAG! JUMP ONTO HIM WITH ALL THE FORCE I CAN MUSTER!

Mangler Initiative: [10 - 1(speed)] = 9
Wraith Initiative: [9 + 1(speed)] = 10
Blorn Initative: [7 + 1(speed)] = 8
Guard Initative: [10] = 10

Wraith and the surviving guard struggle over the gun.. STRENGTH: [4] = 4 VS [9 - 1(injury) - 1(positioning) = 7
...but the guard manages to tear it from the robot's grasp. Wraith, losing control of the gun, goes to kick him in the chest. UNARMED: [4 + 2(dexterity)] = 6 VS [5 - 1(position)] = 4
Wraith manages to kick the guard in the gut... [1] = 1 VS [5] = 5
...but fails to get enough force behind the attack to do any significant damage. The guard grunts, but seems fine.

The Mighty Mangler charges into battle, and attempts to clothesline the two combatants! SPEED: [2 - 1(speed)], UNARMED: [4 + 2(wrestling) + 1(dexterity)] = 7 VS Wraith: [5 + 2(slow) - 1(distracted) + 1(speed)] = 7; Guard: [3 + 2(slow) - 1(distracted) - 1(positioning) - 1(injury)] = 2
Mangler manages to slam his left arm into the guard, but barely clips the robot, who jumps back defensively. STRENGTH: [10 + 1(strength)] = OVERSHOT; ENDURANCE: [(W:3)(G:3)]
The heel of Mangler's hand crashes into the back of the guard's neck, breaking it and killing him instantly. Wraith receives a damaging blow to his right shoulder, damaging the circuitry. Mangler feels a sharp pain go through his left hand; he appears to have damaged it when he broke the guard's neck.
( Mangler: Injury [left hand, moderate] ) ( Wraith: Injury [right shoulder, moderate] )

Blorn takes advantage of the distraction to jump on the guard's body as it falls to the ground limply. ABSORPTION: [7 + 1(absorption) + 1(size)] = 9
The man's corpse is quickly absorbed by the ravenous slime creature. Blorn is aware of the Mighty Mangler's presence - another potential meal!
( The funny thing is I actually put the size in last turn, but then erased it as I was planning to put it into the XP counter. You are now Large [10/100]. )

Go looking for more batteries.

You go looking for more M.Batteries, or other potential fuel sources. LOOTING: [1 + 1(wisdom)] = CRIT FAIL
Not only do you manage to fail to find any batteries, you end up where you were a few minutes ago! There's currently a fight going on, but you haven't yet made out specifics.

Ready my rifle, and prepare to shoot.

Aadhaya readies her weapon and lines up a shot on the robot. PERCEPTION: [7 + 1(wisdom)] = 8
It has turned away from you, and is aiming its weapons at your companion. You take the chance to fire a shot at it! RIFLE: [5] = 5 VS DODGE: [6 - 2(difficulty) - 1(distracted)] = 3
The shot lands on its right cannon, and appears to damage it. It turns to you, forcing you to take cover once again behind the table once again. (-2 EU/laser rifle)

Look around for anything useful, like a weapon. Or a bigger weapon. Or armor.

You look around for any useful supplies. LOOTING: [3 - 3(heavily looted room)] = 0
Failing to find any gear, you find yourself lost in a maze of crates. If only they held something of use.

Go to the more distant opening and peer through it.

You go to the opening and peer through it. PERCEPTION: [3 + 1(wisdom)] = 4
It appears to be a lab of some sort. There's a combat robot a few meters from the opening, facing away from you. The sound of a laser rifle can be heard from further inside the room, but you're unsure of the specifics surrounding it and the potential combat brewing from within. There DO appear to be some useful scientific supplies; you don't see anything directly robotics-related.

Zormod: +15 XP (combat-related)
SaberToothTiger: +30 XP (wrestling)
Peradon: +15 XP (absorption)
wipeout1024: +10 XP (dexterity), +10 XP (perception)
Beirus: +5 XP (wisdom)
Sinvara: +10 XP (wisdom)

Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2015, 06:03:52 am »

Go looking for more batteries.  Again.  Exit the area first.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:06:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2015, 11:31:59 am »

In?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »

Grab that gun! If it's in the acid blob, go to the other corpses and grab one of theirs instead.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2015, 08:40:19 pm »

Irish whip the robot into the absorbing thingimabob.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2015, 08:48:45 pm »

Return fire with my rifle.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2015, 12:06:43 am »

Reduce my volume in an attempt to become harder, then attack the meatbag! Spray him with acid!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:12:13 pm by Peradon »
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15