Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28409 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2015, 06:11:28 am »

Exit room. Perform another Dynamic Entrance on the northeastern door of the corridor, complete with tacticool beat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((E: fixed broken markup.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:04:09 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2015, 06:21:02 am »

Follow Heldentenor, and turn on the SOM.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2015, 01:19:48 pm »

Gah.. Well. There is a dead meatbag down there just waiting to be eaten. Go down and devour the dead guy that fell off the building. If there is anyone watching, make the scene look as gruesome as possible.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2015, 01:59:20 pm »

Obliterate(Via punching and kicking) all of the soldiers, and maybe the mouth if it becomes aggressive or attempts to flee from my might. If I do not annihilate the mouth, then capture it by grabbing hold of it. Don't bring to too close.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:10:30 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2015, 02:38:33 pm »

Throw a knife at each guard, and finish them off with my stunblade.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2015, 01:41:39 am »

Turn 12

That missile launcher looks interesting.  Inspect it more closely.

Hmmm...you inspect the rocket launcher more closely. M.Knowledge: [5 + 2(knowledge) - 2(difficulty) - 2(no tools)] = 3
You can't quite figure out what the launcher's gimmick is, and have no idea if it's cursed or not. Abjuration is usually shields and the like, but why would it be on a rocket launcher...?

Exit room. Perform another Dynamic Entrance on the northeastern door of the corridor, complete with tacticool beat.

Follow Heldentenor, and turn on the SOM.

The two of you travel to a new doorway, while Aadhaya turns on the SOM. Lighting up, a small speaker surfaces from its shell and asks, "What is your medical emergency?" When it receives no answer (or an invalid one), the speaker goes back inside the shell and the lights go dark once more.

Reaching the door, the two of you burst in singing and dancing! LUCK: (9) (1)
Oh, my...you burst into an empty laboratory. Aadhaya's eyes light up when she sees all the !!SCIENCE!!. There's a treasure trove of useful supplies, textbooks, and gear here.

Meanwhile, Heldentenor puts on a tactical beat. MAGIC: [1] = CRIT FAIL; SAVE: [2] = 2
A morose whistling noise fills the corridor. Heldentenor sees a dark shadow at the corner of his eye, but when he turns to look it's gone. This noise accompanies them as they open the door, before vanishing.

Gah.. Well. There is a dead meatbag down there just waiting to be eaten. Go down and devour the dead guy that fell off the building. If there is anyone watching, make the scene look as gruesome as possible.

You head out of the control tower, and ooze over to the corpse. PERCEPTION: [6 + 2(wisdom)] = 8
Spotting a huge robot standing next to the control tower, you drag the corpse into the building's shadow before devouring it. You easily consume the dead human.

Obliterate(Via punching and kicking) all of the soldiers, and maybe the mouth if it becomes aggressive or attempts to flee from my might. If I do not annihilate the mouth, then capture it by grabbing hold of it. Don't bring to too close.

You throw your fist through one of the control tower's windows, sending glass all over the room. You attempt to smash the soldiers with your fists, but you cannot kick high enough to reach them. The mouth is no longer in the room... PERCEPTION: [5 - 2(wisdom)] = 3
...and you can't figure out where he went. Oh well, plenty of other meatbags to obliterate! UNARMED: [6 + 1(unarmed) - 1(dexterity)] = 6 VS DODGE: [4(6)] [7(9)] [4(6)]
You manage to hit a guard, sending him flying down the stairs. Another one gets filled with glass, and collapses to the floor. The last one has avoided your blows, and is returning fire. RIFLE: [7 + 1(rifle)] = 8 VS DODGE: [3 - 1(speed) - 2(size)] = 0
A volley of bullets hit you in the face, ricocheting off the thick armor plating for the most part. One of them pierces through, but fails to cause any damage.

Throw a knife at each guard, and finish them off with my stunblade.[spoiler]Power Control: 240 EU max. Currently 165 EU, -5 EU/turn.

You deftly hurl a flurry of knives at the guards, before charging in to the clearing. THROWING: [5/8/1 + 2(dexterity) + 2(surprise) - 1(unbalanced knives)] = 8/11/CF VS [10] [6] [1]
The first guard hears you and expertly dives out of the way; the second one isn't so lucky, however, and gets a blade in his spine. The third knife goes way off target, but that isn't of too much concern - the first guard accidently ripped off the bandage he was applying when he dove out of the way.

Guard Initiative: [2 + 1(speed) + 4(ranged) - 2(holstered)] = 5
Wraith Initiative: [6 + 1(speed)] = 7

The guard who dove out of the way starts to draw his rifle, but you sprint within striking distance before he can get a shot off. MELEE: [3 + 2(dexterity)] = 5 VS MELEE: [4 - 1(ranged weapon)] = 3
The guard lifts his weapon up to block your strike; the two weapons connect, and a shock goes through his weapon and into his arms. FORTITUDE: [7] = 7
He's a bit frazzled, but still standing. It appears he's trying to get a bit of breathing room to fire a volley of bullets into you.

Now use the spare parts to repair myself, then look around for a computer in this tower.

You use the spare parts to repair yourself. ROBOTICS: [5 + 1(robotics) + 2(perfect parts) - 2(no tools) + 1(knowledge)] = 7
Any damaged parts are replaced with new ones; within a minute, you're back into (semi-)perfect condition. You saw there were a few computers upstairs, but judging from the smashing and screaming sounds emanating from above you deem it unwise to venture back up there. You look for one downstairs, instead. LUCK: (6).
No such luck. There's some basic machinery, but no computers or anything resembling one.

Peradon: +15 XP (absorption), +Size (25/100)
Coolrune206: +15 XP (unarmed)
Zormod: +35 XP (combat-related)
Sinvara: +25 XP (knowledge)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:43:18 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2015, 02:32:56 am »

Stay close, try to slash his arms.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2015, 02:40:48 am »

Loot! Look for a weapon in particular. A glass vial of perchloric acid or something like that would be nice, as would a syringe of sedatives. Also look for equipment to analyze the medicine. Tertiary looting foci: food and water, a lab coat, black dye.

While doing that, start a duet with Aadhaya:

"Did you see that creepy, spooky shadow?"

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:42:31 am by IcyTea31 »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2015, 04:01:30 pm »

Oh, a giant robot. Too bad its inorganic... Oh well, search for something in the lower levels that is useful. Of course, absorb anything organic if it wont fight back.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2015, 05:07:49 am »

Respond in the affirmative, and start doing the conga.
"I saw a shadow, a horrifyingly terrifyingly UGLY one!"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:56:15 am by wipeout1024 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2015, 05:40:02 am »

((This was supposed to be an actual dialogue.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2015, 05:56:38 am »

((I added it right now.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2015, 07:14:56 am »

"Should we hide, conceal and lay low / or turn the lights on, maybe even run?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2015, 08:16:58 am »

"Perhaps we should, but  would it be fun, to hide from the light?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2015, 08:24:34 am »

...Pick up the rocket launcher, but don't absorb it.  Fire it at... That tower.  See what happens.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15