Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 28532 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2015, 07:12:48 pm »

(/)*??*(/)

(/)*??*(/)

(/)*replay of message, followed by Rune recharging, followed by anti-sad-face run transitioning into happy face run.  The kitten videos are left out.*(/)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »

Try to find a weapon, and continue to stay low.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2015, 07:44:16 pm »

((I'm just gonna give up now, considering I'm dying anyway.))
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2015, 07:49:04 pm »

((I'm just gonna give up now, considering I'm dying anyway.))

(( Oh, you're not dying. People had WAY worse injuries than you do now in the previous game; but attempting to cast high-level magic while this injured isn't all that easy. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2015, 08:30:57 pm »

try to get in cover, be prepared to return fire on guards.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2015, 10:53:19 pm »

Get down, on the ground. That is, start singing and dancing to pull a Cuban Pete and get the soldiers to join me.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2015, 12:55:43 am »

Change form to match that of Erizen and attempt to communicate the idea of peace. Then slide past him and search for something to absorb.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2015, 04:12:05 pm »

Limp to safety.
10/10.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2015, 02:43:50 am »

Turn 5

( Tip of the Turn: Keep in mind that you are responsible for keeping track of items, spells, and XP. If it isn't there, unless I remember you having it, I won't use it in the turn. )

Enter the control tower and take note of anything I may see in there.

Change form to match that of Erizen and attempt to communicate the idea of peace. Then slide past him and search for something to absorb.

Blorn attempts to take the shape of a the robot in front of him. SHAPESHIFT: [5 + 1(Same Size) + 1(Shapeshifting)- 2(Unfamiliar)] = 5
He takes on the semblance of the robot; his interior is obviously just slime, and some of the more intricate features are missing, but it looks like the robot somewhat.

As Erizen's about to head into the control tower, a sound emanates from behind him; he turns around to see himself, except slightly larger and all yellow and slimy. DIPLOMACY: [7] = 7
The Slime makes some gestures which Erizen takes as peaceful; an akward moment is shared before Blorn slides past him into the control tower. Erizen follows behind.

Erizen Perception: [2 + 1(wisdom)] = 3
Blorn Perception: [10 + 2(wisdom)] = OVERSHOT

Blorn glances around as he enters, and sees a grizzled man wielding a knife, who jumps at him. REFLEX: [2 + 1(speed) - 1(unfamiliar form)] = 2
The man stabs into the thick goo forming Blorn's head. STRENGTH: [1] = CRIT FAIL
The knife simply slips into the slime, and while Blorn cannot yet absorb it, it is merely suspended harmlessly in his body.
Erizen watches as the man fails to attack Blorn.

[ Peradon: +20 XP (Charisma) ]

Get down, on the ground. That is, start singing and dancing to pull a Cuban Pete and get the soldiers to join me.

He charged up his laser a tiny bit before releasing the beam and quickly dragging it across all of the guards.

try to get in cover, be prepared to return fire on guards.

Do nothing

Thing attempts to communicate with the guards.
(/)*a replay of the last few moments, with a questioning intent, as well as still models of the guards.*(/)
('What's going on, and who are you?', in other words.)

Rune Initiative: [6 - 1(speed) + 1(fast action)] = 6
Der Heldentenor Initiative: [9 - 2(speed)] = 7
X-297 Initiative: [10 + 1(speed)] = 11
Thing Initiative: [10] = 10
G1 Initiative: [9 + 1(speed) + 1(initiative)] = 11
G2 Initiative: [3 + 1(speed)] = 4
G3 Initiative: [3] = 3
G4 Initiative: [3 - 1(speed)] = 2

Wraith dives behind cover as the guard who previously spoke... PERCEPTION: [1] = CRIT FAIL
...is distracted by another prisoner. You easily get back into the maze of crates and behind a couple stacked boxes before anyone can stop you.

Thing attempts to communicate with the guards... COMMUNICATION: [6 + 1(logic) + 1(telepathy) - 3(no common language)] = 5
...to limited effect. The guards are confused at the presence in their heads, and one falls to one knee. Another waves his weapon around wildly, looking for the source of the telepathy.

As this is happening, Der Heldentenor is setting up a beat with his limited tools. IMPROV: [3 + 1(Magic/Dance)] = 4
It's not too great, but a few metal bars start rattling. He then attempts to get jamming. SINGING: [8 + 1(charisma) + 1(singing)] = 10; DANCING: [7 + 1(dexterity) + 1(dancing)] = 9
Though they try to resist, the guards can't help themselves. Within a handful of seconds, they've all started grooving to the sick jam.

X-297 Willpower: [7] = 7
Thing Willpower: [4] = 4
Hurtz Willpower: [9 - 1(charisma)] = 8

Thing starts jamming to the beat, clanging a couple wands together for a beat. Though Wraith and Hurtz are also effected, this is limited to a bit of booty shaking and clapping.

Rune fires an uncharged beam at the guards, attempting to 'drag' it across them (cannot charge: OS damage). LASER: [7 - 2(uncharged) - 1(beam)] = 4; AIMING: [10 - 1(dexterity)] = OVERSHOT
The beam travels across every guard, with most of them hitting the ground instantly. You get a little carried away, however, and you accidentally strafe Thing with it. ENDURANCE: [4 - 1(toughness)] = 3
One of the spellbooks catches fire, and a wand is cut in half. Thing's conscious erupts in pain; he loses concentration, and some of his energy leaks out. +Pain (severe), -20 EU, -Ray of Destruction

[ IcyTea31: +60 XP (perform).  Zormod: +10 XP (speed).  TheBiggerFish: N/A.  H4zardZ1: +20 XP (/character [charisma skill group]).  Coolrune206: +40 XP (dexterity) ]

Limp to safety.

You manage to limp a good distance away; glancing back, Rune seems to be distracted anyway. You decide to loot the crate you're hiding behind. LOOTING: [5 - 1(wisdom)] = 4
Nothing but bolts and gears. You're unsure what you'd want them for.

( Don't forget your sheet ^.^  PS: I'm glad you didn't give up. )

Try to find a weapon, and continue to stay low.

You attempt to find a weapon. LOOTING: [1 + 1(wisdom)] = CRIT FAIL
Seeing one lying on the ground, you run over and grab it. It's only then that you realize you're in the middle of a scene. WILLPOWER: [5] = 5
Unable to resist the sweet jams which you're just now hearing, you start dancing along with a mysterious singing man.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:45:54 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2015, 04:01:03 am »

(Action pending. Just putting this here so I don't forget to add the XP.)

Capotti away from the colossus murdering everyone, preferably in a direction yet unvisited.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:43:06 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2015, 06:02:30 am »

Try to find people. Or other life in general.
10/10.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2015, 06:49:50 am »

Break out of the trance, and try to find a way out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:43:01 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2015, 02:11:57 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
(/)*PAIN*(/)
Thing will attempt to repair the wand once it has stabilized, and duck into cover till then.  Cautiously duck into cover.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:14:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2015, 02:35:40 pm »

Rune was in bliss. Mass murder! Hooray! The sizzling death of little humans! He then re-played the entire thing in his mind, and frowned. As much as a metal-machine could frown, of course. He had hit something he hadn't meant to... Rune peered over at the thing who was trying to hide behind cover.

Woops.

On his OS, he played a million clips of people accidentally hurting other people then apologizing. He did his best not to laugh gleefully at the whole hurting other people part but failed. He then displayed an image of roses on his OS, then an image of the Thing, then all of the roses sailing towards the thing. Then he began getting carried away, flinging boxes of chocolates, heart shaped things, and the occasional laser beam. He then displayed a computer generated animation that he had instantly created of the thing repairing Rune with the parts, and Rune NOT shooting the Thing, then a million smiling faces and the occasional kitten falling off a building.

While Rune apologizes to the Thing, he looks around for more spare parts. Is it possible the humans brought any spare parts with them? Anything on them he can re-use? If he finds nothing or his progress is impeded by the humans, he just kicks their teeth in.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2015, 04:48:52 pm »

(/)* ??? * *image of Rune* *image of laser* *image of laser not hitting Thing* *image of Rune firing laser*(/)
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15