Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 151602 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.43.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2016, 03:06:21 pm »

If I recall, I kinda haphazardly selected stones that my attempts to search suggested where historically used for stone tools, then made them in between the base stone template and chert. Then there's the native stones, which vary in effectively depending on their relevant metal's properties.

The list is in Appendix B in the readme file, the original post here, and on a section of my user space on DF's wiki. I really should link to it from here or on DFFD. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2016, 08:18:47 am »

Whelp. major bug. Unraveling a peice of cloth produces all the thread. As in I could cloth the world with it. So much in fact that I can't even tell how much there actually is.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2016, 04:04:29 pm »

Whelp. major bug. Unraveling a peice of cloth produces all the thread. As in I could cloth the world with it. So much in fact that I can't even tell how much there actually is.

Was this a piece of cloth you made yourself, or one found elsewhere? Product dimensions have always been fucked up, hence why player-made thread and cloth only have single product dimensions, unlike five-digit amounts for thread and cloth. Adventure-mode reactions currently do not work well if they ask for more than a single unit of thread, cloth, or bar. Basically it does things like try to ask for 15000 SEPARATE pieces of thread instead of a single piece of thread of size 15000.

If you unraveled a piece of cloth you made yourself and found you can repeat it another 9999 times, THAT is unintended. If you unraveled a piece of cloth you made yourself and it instantly buries you in 10000 separate threads, that is also unintended. If you found cloth in a mead hall or shop and it unraveled into 10000 separate threads, that is also also unintended.

If you found cloth in a mead hall or shop, and found you could unravel it into thread 10000 times, one at a time...that would be an unfortunate, but intended, side effect of my bug workarounds. @_@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2016, 08:45:31 pm »

Was this a piece of cloth you made yourself, or one found elsewhere? Product dimensions have always been fucked up, hence why player-made thread and cloth only have single product dimensions, unlike five-digit amounts for thread and cloth. Adventure-mode reactions currently do not work well if they ask for more than a single unit of thread, cloth, or bar. Basically it does things like try to ask for 15000 SEPARATE pieces of thread instead of a single piece of thread of size 15000.

If you unraveled a piece of cloth you made yourself and found you can repeat it another 9999 times, THAT is unintended. If you unraveled a piece of cloth you made yourself and it instantly buries you in 10000 separate threads, that is also unintended. If you found cloth in a mead hall or shop and it unraveled into 10000 separate threads, that is also also unintended.

If you found cloth in a mead hall or shop, and found you could unravel it into thread 10000 times, one at a time...that would be an unfortunate, but intended, side effect of my bug workarounds. @_@

I bought it at a shop, only unraveled it once.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2016, 09:27:44 pm »

Yep. So long as it didn't instantly explode into a million threads, it's unfortunate but working as intended.

See issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3712

This issue is fucking old. You'll see the last post was back in 2015, my post more or less hashing out the !!SCIENCE!! of working around it the bug.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2016, 06:46:27 am »

Yep. So long as it didn't instantly explode into a million threads, it's unfortunate but working as intended.

See issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3712

This issue is fucking old. You'll see the last post was back in 2015, my post more or less hashing out the !!SCIENCE!! of working around it the bug.

It did "instantly explode into a million threads" is what I'm saying.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2016, 12:54:31 pm »

Oh shit. That answers my question. I'll need to see what I did wrong, but I'm guessing that it's either a lack of REACTION_CLASS, or the "does not affect result" token.

EDIT: Adding [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] was enough to prevent it from exploding. Sadly, [REACTION_CLASS:NOT_GUT] was insufficient to prevent the "can repeat the reaction several times" issue, but at least it won't do so all at once.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:05:53 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:25 pm »

Dunno if this is a bug or working as intended but I had 2 stacks of 22 elk bone, used the make bone needle reaction and the make bone stave reaction and now all 44 bones are gone.  Seems each reaction will eat a stack of bones instead of a set number

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2016, 08:47:06 pm »

Dunno if this is a bug or working as intended but I had 2 stacks of 22 elk bone, used the make bone needle reaction and the make bone stave reaction and now all 44 bones are gone.  Seems each reaction will eat a stack of bones instead of a set number

That is also intended. Again, more derpy bugs. Main reason is balance, if I used the vanilla method you could take a single stack of bones and make a ton of armor, weapons, etc. But if I tried to make a bonecarving reaction take multiple units of bone, to balance it? It bugs out in a similar way to the thread/cloth/bar product dimension bug.

See issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9106

You'll also note this issue, like the last one I cited, is one where I seem to be the only one doing !!SCIENCE!! on it or overall giving a shit about a bug that is ANCIENT. In fact you'll see the last post was my snarking about the fact Toady finally added bonecarving to vanilla adventure mode, only to ignore the issue because he added stuff that wouldn't NEED more than one bone at a time.

So basically Adventurecraft is Endless Workarounds To Dumb Reaction Bugs: The Mod.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2016, 11:18:30 pm »

nods, that's disheartening but oh well :/ we'll get there eventually :P

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2016, 12:27:08 am »

Hey there!

I have a question about the Item Dismantle function.

So i happen to be able to get myself some divine armor pieces, Twisted metal.
I dismantled it and got Twisted metal bars. So if i make weapons and armor out of them, does the metal still
have its stats? Or does it get overwritten by something else thru the mod?
(Wiki says that divine metal is a tad better than steel but worse than Adamantine)

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2016, 01:38:10 am »

Hey there!

I have a question about the Item Dismantle function.

So i happen to be able to get myself some divine armor pieces, Twisted metal.
I dismantled it and got Twisted metal bars. So if i make weapons and armor out of them, does the metal still
have its stats? Or does it get overwritten by something else thru the mod?
(Wiki says that divine metal is a tad better than steel but worse than Adamantine)

It gets uses the material of whatever bar you used to make it, so your good to go. Think you can also make some silly stuff like zinc longswords because of this as well.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2016, 03:40:27 am »

Oh, really nice! Thanks!!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2016, 12:53:12 pm »

Sorry for the belated response, but yeah. It'll just take the material used. I can't recall if the divine weapons are generated, or if they use the same default weapons in the raws.

If they do generate their own weapons, then there's the possibility that some weapon properties might be higher, like the amount of force behind each strike. It's just as possible that some downsides might be added, or that

In either case, the material itself grants most of the advantages, so any weapon you can craft from it will be better than mundane metals. Unless you're using a blunt weapon. While it's denser than adamantine, it's still rather light.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2016, 09:31:15 am »

So, I dunno if this is a Vanilla problem or Mod problem, but I have encountered 2 liars using Hatch covers. Problem is everytime I somehow can't open them, nor can't I go down into the liar. I hope there is a way to solve it. Using DF with Adventurecraft 0.43.05, Lazy Windoze pack (for soundsense and graphics)

Here a screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I managed to get down but it took me a while running over it several times, still wonder why you can't just go down with the first attempt. (Maybe the ramp below blocks you from going down the hatch?)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:38:56 am by Malakor »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34