Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Guild IC  (Read 9335 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Guild IC
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2015, 10:49:23 pm »

"Thank you. . . It looks like you have more guest, though. Maybe today is your lucky day. . . . There is one more thing, though. . . I got this wolf, named Mel. . . Have any books on canine breeds?"
With that he starts reading and learning up on basic attack and defensive patterns, and strategies to keep in mind in different environments.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2015, 11:10:57 pm »

((o gosh the ellipses))
thincake

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2015, 11:27:18 pm »

((I like ellipses. . . I find them hard not to use. To make things even worse, I type how I speak. . . But with much smaller words. . . Can't spell for crap.))
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:49 pm »

((it's fine... it's not like... it's a... a problem))
Felicia starts idly fiddling with her metal puzzle, flipping pages with her other hand.
thincake

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2015, 01:00:24 am »

"No, thank you; Moe's big, but if you don't think he's big enough to ride I won't bother yet; perhaps when he grows older I will ask again, but for now I can travel on foot alongside him, or rig a sled for him to pull. I will see you later, Rigel."

Flabort then goes to the training rooms, and looks at the controls for the biomes for anything where he could practice battlefield control with Moe, looking for something with either cliffs, walls, or heavy forestry, perhaps a seaside cliff.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2015, 02:14:23 am »

Felicia reads up on harvesting silk from spiders.

You find a large book containing information about spiders of all kinds and contains a section on collecting silk.

"Thank you. . . It looks like you have more guest, though. Maybe today is your lucky day. . . . There is one more thing, though. . . I got this wolf, named Mel. . . Have any books on canine breeds?"
With that he starts reading and learning up on basic attack and defensive patterns, and strategies to keep in mind in different environments.

Ah yes I have a book on canine breeds, do you want one specifically on wolves or one that's more general?

"No, thank you; Moe's big, but if you don't think he's big enough to ride I won't bother yet; perhaps when he grows older I will ask again, but for now I can travel on foot alongside him, or rig a sled for him to pull. I will see you later, Rigel."

Flabort then goes to the training rooms, and looks at the controls for the biomes for anything where he could practice battlefield control with Moe, looking for something with either cliffs, walls, or heavy forestry, perhaps a seaside cliff.

After a little fiddling, you discover sea-cliffs as an option for biome. What kind of training do you want?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:22:23 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:07 am »

Arrows. Repeat until all the targets are done.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2015, 10:32:10 am »

Beirus decides to take a break from the training and heads over to the library. He wonders if maybe the local mage might be able to give him information about the Snow Fury, but he wants to wait to ask him in private. He busied himself browsing the books in the library.

(Realized you didn't actually pick up a book) The library doesn't take up much room, its only as large as the training rooms. However, its shelves are forty feet high. There are wheeled ladders attached to railings along the top of the bookshelves. There are also a few chairs at an empty table and a couch. There is also a very small fireplace. The books of the library are wildly varied and arranged in an organizational patter of Jeremy's "own design." You have the sneaking suspicion that there is no system, but yet Jeremy seems to know where each book is.

Arrows. Repeat until all the targets are done.

Breathing hard you come into round 5. Boss round. At first there is nothing, no monsters, you prepare yourself for a sneak attack.  Just when you think that the game is broken, a multi-segmented serpent bursts out of one of the openings. Each segment is twisting and writhing and has a target. In the end, it was basically impossible to hit every target before the boss reached you.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2015, 10:34:54 am »

If the game is not over, aim for the head.

If it is, check the score.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2015, 10:50:28 am »

If the game is not over, aim for the head.

If it is, check the score.

Score: 180.
High Score: 1020 -- Zerdu.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2015, 11:01:17 am »

That's what Zomara was looking for. That was perfect. With that, he takes the book back to the librarian,  gives him a deep bow, and runs off to sleep.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2015, 12:02:20 pm »

Flabort sets the training setting to speed, figuring that one of the key advantages to cornering a monster would be moving faster than it. He also turns off any monster illusions on the room. When the door unlocks, he motions Moe to enter, and then follows.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »

Stretching, and then realizing that she is covered in sweat, Callista goes to find the showers.
Sigtext!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2015, 01:16:01 pm »

Beirus makes his way over to Jeremy once Zomara leaves, although he glances at Felicia once out of the corner of his eye. "Jeremy, what can you tell me about the Snow Fury?" Beirus asks, keeping his voice low so he won't be overheard as easily.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2015, 01:49:52 pm »

Jeremy whispers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10