Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Guild IC  (Read 9350 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Monster Guild IC
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »

MOAR ARROWS!

(5) (3) (8) (1) You immediately take out the goblins to the east and west, but you miss the one to the north completely. The one to the south has produced a shield from nowhere and used it to block your arrow!

Let's try the other slime, and if that's easy, move on to the Goblin! Being able to curl those would definetly help.

The second slime is slightly larger, and seems to have some sort of faint pattern. You can lift it, and you can lift the goblin. Both of these require tow hands, but the smaller slime could be held in one hand if it wasn't so smooth.

"Thank the Gods. . . . . And thank you George. . . No. . . Gerald. . .  Greg? Forgive me, I suck with names"! He picks up his friends and rushes off before anything can be replied, dumping them his bed, so they can both rest.
"I have a lot of work to do."
With that he runs of to one of the solo training rooms to study offence tactics.
If he were stronger, they would not have to have left so quickly,  and he would not have had to leave Munch on his own, like that.

You rush your monsters to your room and lay them in you bed. They begin to rest. You start walking towards the training rooms, but you pass by Jeremy's open office door on the way. It seems Jeremy's office is actually just one corner of a small library. You wonder if you should look for a book on tactics in there or if you should go practice combat in the training rooms.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2015, 04:23:39 pm »

Let's move on to the fourth monster, and if that's too heavy, do a few sets with the Goblin weight. And give the second slime weight to Oliver so he can practice.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »

"Hm... is that one supposed to represent a mage?" Fire on the shield one, at the head, and then at the one that was missed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2015, 04:33:08 pm »

Let's move on to the fourth monster, and if that's too heavy, do a few sets with the Goblin weight. And give the second slime weight to Oliver so he can practice.

The fourth one is about 1.2x heavier than the goblin. You can lift it, but doing several reps with it is out of the question.

You set the second slime weight onto Oliver and it immediately pins him. Oliver is the same weight and size as the first slime weight.

"Hm... is that one supposed to represent a mage?" Fire on the shield one, at the head, and then at the one that was missed.

(Its a literal shield, like a buckler) (6) (5) You get a headshot and then turn your attention to the next one and easily take it down. Round four comes up and there are 4 goblins and two slimes all coming from the front wall.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2015, 04:35:40 pm »

"Crap! Hang on, we'll try with this one..." He swaps out the heavier slime for the lighter one, so Oliver can try to push it around the room. Felix settles on the Goblin, and starts his training.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2015, 04:54:16 pm »

((It was a reference to you saying it seemed to come out of no where.)) Arrows.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »

Beirus moves over to the control panel, punching in the settings for basic mode with normal obstacles. Once the course us set up, he attempts to run it with Flare.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:55 pm »

((It was a reference to you saying it seemed to come out of no where.)) Arrows.

((I'm dumb)) (8) (1) (7) (3) (1) (4) Two goblins go do easy. Then two of your arrows graze the other two. The two slimes immediately jump way ahead of the goblins!

"Crap! Hang on, we'll try with this one..." He swaps out the heavier slime for the lighter one, so Oliver can try to push it around the room. Felix settles on the Goblin, and starts his training.

You are Oliver settle into your lighting regiment for the remainder of the free time. You are finding that the goblin is a bit heavy, as its the same weight as a solid 2 foot tall person, and you have to take frequent breaks. Oliver engulfs the slime weight and hops around the room to the best of his ability.

Beirus moves over to the control panel, punching in the settings for basic mode with normal obstacles. Once the course us set up, he attempts to run it with Flare.

The room is a 20x20 square with a strange treadmill sort of thing extending from the far wall. There are several openings in the far wall along the bottom as well. The walls are painted with a tasteful mural of ancient ruins in shining peaceful daylight. You and flare step onto the treadmill and it begins moving. Slowly at first, but then increases to a light jog. After a few minutes obstacles begin coming out of the openings at the bottom. They look like chunks of statues and other pieces of ruins. Some even have grass or moss growing on them. You do this for about half an hour before you and flare finally get tripped up by an obstacle.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2015, 05:42:01 pm »

Zomara thinks for a second first. And the desiderate it's better to first know what can be done, before practicing it.
read the books good.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2015, 09:29:29 pm »

You enter the library and Jeremy gets up from his desk, No one else ever comes in here, not the cook, not Rigel, and not the Overseer. How can I help you? Have you come to learn about magic? About monster synthesis? About local flora and fauna? Anything! I'm just so glad someone has finally come for my help.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2015, 09:48:53 pm »

"Strategy. Combat strategy, if you don't mind. . . And. . . Wait. . . Did you say monster syphilis?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2015, 10:20:31 pm »

Synthesis. Jeremy says matter-of-factly. Its the magical process of combining two monsters souls to create a new monster. Monsters of the wild do it with members of their own species to reproduce, but monster masters have learned how to trigger this process and use it to create cross breeds. Uhh but anyhow... I'll get you that book.

Jeremy hands you a book on basic monster tactics.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »

Felicia ends up in the library as well.
thincake

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2015, 10:41:21 pm »

Beirus decides to take a break from the training and heads over to the library. He wonders if maybe the local mage might be able to give him information about the Snow Fury, but he wants to wait to ask him in private. He busied himself browsing the books in the library.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:14 pm »

Felicia reads up on harvesting silk from spiders.
thincake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10