Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Escaping the Great Nautica [Collaborative Adventure]  (Read 1337 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Escaping the Great Nautica [Collaborative Adventure]
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

You come to at the bottom of a huge iron shaft. Drifting around you in a foot of water are chunks of organic mush. Squid, perhaps? You have no time to linger on the subject.

The walls around you shudder, and an enormous screech can be heard. It ends, after a few seconds, as suddenly as it had begun. All you can hear now is the steady drip of dirty water falling from the roof of the shaft. A ladder leads out of your current location.

You remember nothing, save two unquestionable facts.

1. YOU MUST ESCAPE THE GREAT NAUTICA
2. THE WATER IS TRYING TO KILL YOU

All else has faded. The dripping continues, the new liquid mixing with the sludge and the blood from your bandaged wound.
----------------------------------
Welcome to Escaping the Great Nautica. You know nothing, but there is much yet to be revealed.

The game will be run from the perspective of this introduction character. His actions will be controlled by your communal vote, in a simple majority system. I reserve the right to veto actions, whether to keep us on-track or to stop you from doing something instantly lethal. The story itself is under your control, but the setting to a large degree is planned. I will do my best to provide vivid descriptions of each area, and if at any point any player wishes for more detail, please ask and I will provide it. If you are interested in playing, please post a declaration of such. You may also include your first action if you wish.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Escaping the Great Nautica [Collaborative Adventure]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 09:51:45 pm »

I guess I'm interested.

Action: Look at the ladder. Where does it lead? Is it safe to climb?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 12:13:38 am »

The ladder is rusted, but a quick tug on a low rung has no damaging effect. You crane your neck upwards, but you can only just make out the form of a hallway above. You notice suddenly that everything is lit in a red glow, the emergency lights on the walls the only illumination.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Nunzillor

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 02:50:42 am »

I'll give it a try.

Start climbing the ladder.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:13:42 am »

I'll give it a try.

Start climbing the ladder.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:56:12 am »

You emerge into a long hallway. You can hear the flow of distant water, and looking to your left you can see one of the metal shafts like the one you just exited is quickly being filled with water from a long pipe. A sign is plastered along ten feet of wall;

OVERFLOW CONTAINMENT

In front of you is a screen, displaying a large number of little graphical cylinders. Three are hollow. The other seventeen are filled with solid blue.

Slumped before the console is a pale corpse, wearing a janitorial outfit. Emblazoned across the back: GREAT NAUTICA-MAINTENANCE AND SECURITY-

-The outfit is torn by a knife, skewering the man's left arm to his body. There is no blood on the knife, outfit, or the immediate area.

To your right you can see a stairway leading upwards, with a small sign reading TEMPORARY RESIDENCE.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 03:00:55 pm »

Try to work the machine to stall the flow of water.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 03:17:22 pm »

The corpse is blocking the controls. Move him?

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 07:26:36 pm »

Enter the trap? Yes.
Max avatar size is 80x80