Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done  (Read 47826 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Game underway
« Reply #585 on: November 28, 2015, 09:47:41 pm »

Yup, kudos to you IWIWS for keeping it going this long against all odds.
I'm sure it was an epic last stand, but given how many scouts I have down there I have no idea what happened (its not many scouts).

I was honestly surprised that you had the leftover gold to buy them in the first place
Well, seeing what kind of army was going toward my capital, a few sacreds (without prophet) wouldn't have changed anything, so I didn't recruit for a few turns ;)
I'm a bit sad that I couldn't take over a potential throne of Nature and trigger a nice "Gaļa attack"  for you to remember :/
You were a thorn in my side, that's for sure.  I can't help but feel that if you had split your armies and been a little more aggressive I wouldn't have held out as long as I did.  Same goes for BFEL; most of the territorial gains in the war were had by ten (giant, sacred, invincible, granted) troops he snuck past my main army.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2015, 09:24:47 am »

Well, it's time to say goodbye for me : no more gold to fund those mercenaries :/
And it's a bit hard to keep a nation up with no income...

Hmmph! Fairig has had a negative net income for at least two years, pretty much everyone still defending it is dead and/or dying (and has been for at least two years), and you don't see us complaining...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2015, 08:04:28 pm »

Yup, kudos to you IWIWS for keeping it going this long against all odds.
I'm sure it was an epic last stand, but given how many scouts I have down there I have no idea what happened (its not many scouts).

I was honestly surprised that you had the leftover gold to buy them in the first place
Well, seeing what kind of army was going toward my capital, a few sacreds (without prophet) wouldn't have changed anything, so I didn't recruit for a few turns ;)
I'm a bit sad that I couldn't take over a potential throne of Nature and trigger a nice "Gaļa attack"  for you to remember :/
You were a thorn in my side, that's for sure.  I can't help but feel that if you had split your armies and been a little more aggressive I wouldn't have held out as long as I did.  Same goes for BFEL; most of the territorial gains in the war were had by ten (giant, sacred, invincible, granted) troops he snuck past my main army.
Yeah, unfortunately I snuck them right into Rizdos who then roflstomped all over my everything. I REALLY should have just murdered him up early on. Actually I should have just murdered EVERYONE up early on come to think of it :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 01, 2015, 04:17:35 pm »

Can I have a 24h extension TO PLAN MY SURPRISE ATTACK ON EVERYBODY, please?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 01, 2015, 04:30:01 pm »

You can have 24h, but if you cut it too close to the deadline, you're going to end up with a 144h extension.

--

In entirely unrelated news, I will be AFK from early-ish Th to late-ish M. Or possibly only from F - Su, but I can't count on the latter. I'm claiming Admin's Privilege to impose this hiatus on you lot. If it's feasible, I'll get in one more turn after the outstanding one and then impose the delay from my phone after that next turn processes, but that will come down to how much of the 24h extension Il Palazzo needs to use and/or if I'm AFK on Friday.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 01, 2015, 04:34:17 pm »

Actually, I'd be entirely for a good, long break from the game, if everybody else agrees.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 01, 2015, 04:36:28 pm »

Well, if we don't have any objections I'll just go ahead and extend the current 24h extension through next Tuesday. I must say having nothing compelling me to take a laptop with me during even part of the time I'll be traveling would certainly be welcome.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:38:21 pm by E. Albright »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 01, 2015, 04:41:37 pm »

*throws ruckus*

... nah, I don't really mind. Just... someone make sure to PM me or something when the hiatus ends, please :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 02, 2015, 03:57:00 am »

Pushed 120h; i.e., 'til next Tuesday. Quickhost is also turned off. So if y'all want to get your turns in now-ish and then forget the game for the next several days, that'd work out well.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 08, 2015, 06:40:34 am »

In case you never check your email like me: the turn is hosting soon.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 08, 2015, 08:13:47 am »

I've procrastinated this long, I'll procrastinate 'till the last minute!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 08, 2015, 11:39:09 am »

I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'quickhost' and ending with 'is off, contrary to what the message from admin said'. Also, the deadline got pushed 24 h for some reason.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 10, 2015, 03:55:45 am »

So first of all, could I have a 12h extension please?

Secondly, I just took 10 of Ill Palazzo's provinces in one turn, hopefully more to follow.  If anyone has any plans to hurt the nation that is, I believe, the clear frontrunner, now would be the time.  Even just flinging destruction around at random towards the northeast region of the world would be appreciated.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 10, 2015, 07:48:57 am »

Yes! Pay me back for all those plagues and other random shit I've been flinging willy-nilly at your capitols these past years!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 10, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

Hey, just a heads-up, I'm also going to be unable to make it before the deadline, and would appreciate something more in tune of 24 hours on top of what we've got now.

However, E.Albright seems to be gone, so it's likely that both me and EnigmaticHat might stall. In such a case, I'd like a rollback, so please prepare for that possibility.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43