Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Done  (Read 47910 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 17: Very Bad Things (Hashed NationGen) - Game underway
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2015, 11:31:50 pm »

Can they cast spells in bear form?  Because that would be kickass if that's the case.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2015, 11:42:58 pm »

I'm not sure they can even if they had paths. The shapeshift form is undisciplined... never really paid attention to if that effects things or not. Can check real quick, though.

... and yeah, they can still cast. Guess undisciplined doesn't matter for commanders. Lose some paths (looks like a flat -1 to everything, maybe?), lose the flame shield on the one, but they've still got 2N and H1 at a minimum, so they can self-bless. Still probably couldn't win a punch-up with half the things on this map, but yeah, they can cast in bear form.

E: Aww, harsh. Prophetizing them in bear form doesn't give H3, so no divine blessing bears. Shame. Self-bless and holy avenger, though, which is... okay. I guess. Things would make pretty bad thugs, about the only use for bear form would be if they're up against heavy evocations and need some extra health bad enough losing the path access is worth it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:45:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2015, 01:57:29 am »

One thing is sad about the bear form :
It only has a simple claw attack. So basically, you need offensive power from spells, but they have N as main magic, which isn't the best for dealing raw damage (though the bless on them is quite nice :p ).

Also, I understand you issue with scouts.
I don't have a sailing scout. I don't think any of the sacred sailing giant nation get a sailing scout. :/

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2015, 05:58:26 am »

I don't have a sailing scout, but I have a flying commander who is stealthy, which is much better.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2015, 10:21:47 am »

I don't have a sailing scout. I don't think any of the sacred sailing giant nation get a sailing scout. :/

That would require pureblood giants to stoop so low as to scout. That's a task better left to the kids.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2015, 10:32:21 am »

Silly, though. You giant lot do have sailing scouts. They just have a very giantish conceptualization of "scout". Not so much sneaking as stomping. Reconnaissance in force, to use the fancy words their air-starved brains don't quite comprehend :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2015, 10:45:18 am »

...in 4.10, one of the nations had their capital next to the Throne of Winter. They were not a cold-loving nation. There are worse things that can happen to you than being close to even Pestilence...
Which is funny, because that's exactly how tompliss tried to console me in that game: "at least it isn't death scales across the world"  :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2015, 11:02:49 am »

Bah, the death scales and diseases hit everyone outside of one province more or less equally. Winter is far more obnoxious for its average owner than Pestilence.

You still had it better in that game than you could have. Your capital may have been getting frozen, but you were at least placed so as to be able to expand outward and grab some rich farmlands to balance out the income loss. Had you been surrounded by deserts, mountains, and/or swamps, having your capital "trapped in perpetual winter" would have been a whole lot more crippling.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

Guys, you know what ?
Second throne I can claim : Autumn.
So yeah, I can claim 2 thrones, both giving Death scales.... :/

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2015, 11:45:30 am »

Aw, man, that's such good luck. Well, it is if you crippled yourself with a bunch of Growth scales and were wondering how you could get back to a safe, sustainable zero population growth w/o resorting to pillaging your own provinces. But really, who among us doesn't?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2015, 01:38:00 pm »

Well, looks like we have our first death matches. Wonder who else will show up :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2015, 01:48:41 pm »

Not I. Don't have any commanders I need to get rid of at the moment, and I don't think you can send in mercenaries. Already killed off all of those I was done with, anyway :V
Ask not!
Ask!

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2015, 08:12:34 am »

I'd like to thank BFEL (DheathDaich ) and Alstar (Hobnia) for suiciding their prophet and showing us their N9B9 blesses. :D

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2015, 10:39:20 am »

Wait, no love for the Champion of the Arena who showed off their generic, uninspired, cookiecutter bless and decidedly skewed understanding of "honorable combat"?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 26, 2015, 10:45:08 am »

Well, I must admit he got nearly the best item he could dream of.
Not that your sacred giants really need a morale boost, but at least, it's not a trident that would have been waved around with poor skill :p

I would thank you for showing us your N9E4 bless, but I'm not anywhere near you, so ... :/
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43