Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Monster Breeder/Hunter Game (Waitlist available)  (Read 6459 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Breeder/Hunter Game (Waitlist available)
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 07:16:12 am »

Finished sheet.
thincake

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 10:07:58 am »

Looks good to me.

We'll move on once all the monsters are named and all that jazz. NPCs are fair game to talk to too. As are monsters of appropriate level and intelligence. (Which at this point is NPC monsters)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 10:17:26 am »

I want that Fire Slime.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 10:28:47 am »

I want that Fire Slime.

I forgot about him. That slime is retired. It is too old to go out on adventures, but is probably quite knowledgeable in a slimy way.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 10:29:09 am »

I can work with this.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 11:16:22 am »

@Twinwolf

Hey I forgot to tell you you needed to fill out an inventory sheet. I used a different character submission form for this version. That's my fault.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 11:27:55 am »

Also I added in the player and monster list bellow the OP. There is also the specials list there.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 01:46:38 pm »

@Twinwolf

Hey I forgot to tell you you needed to fill out an inventory sheet. I used a different character submission form for this version. That's my fault.
The inventory is above the monster. It was there when I first posted it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 02:03:35 pm »

@Twinwolf

The inventory is above the monster. It was there when I first posted it.

I think I must be crazy. Sorry about that.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 05:17:21 pm »

Here's the mission thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153032.0

It will be used to keep the main thread from getting cluttered and to keep the missions separate from the everyday.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2015, 10:03:49 am »

After this mission I think I may take your guy's weapons away. You all devastated the wolves and your monsters hardly did anything. Apperantly 16v5 is not a tough battle to win. This does however raise some problems.

I was going to allow each player to have a set of three monsters (very DQM sort of deal), but doing so under the current system means that there would actually be four combatants for each player. That puts a serious strain on what I have to throw at you. For example, i ran some rolls and it took a group of 70 wolves to beat you all at your current state and they only did that because they could kill a few of you outright. That seems a bit unbalanced.

What do you all think? Is it important to you all that you fight along side your monsters? Or is having more monsters more important?

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2015, 10:10:29 am »

I vote monsters! Here, take my mace!

*Forks over mace so he can have more monsters*

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 11:04:18 am »

Surely this could be a method, however it think it would be a bit bizarre and unrealistic having able-bodied young man just standing aside shouting orders while they could use a weapon in battles where they risk their life. Perhaps it could work better with a power up of the enemies, making them more powerful so we need to fight as a team to take them down.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 11:28:18 am »

There could be some sort of compromise like that, but that significantly increases the chance of player death. It also increases the complexity of combat. In addition, your monsters will be much stronger than you are. As a result, I may just have players fall into the background as they encounter larger and more powerful monsters.

Ignore that, I forgot about the crafting aspect which can keep you par with monsters. I'll figure out a way to increase the strength of monsters in such a way that the 16 (which will eventually become 32 with the addition of more monsters) of you will be able to fight fight monsters without the monsters being so strong that they could one shot one of you.

That's really the problem. If there is a big boss monster, it has to be able to withstand 32 attacks per turn and last long enough so it can do some damage, but not necessarily kill a player by random.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:40:17 am by Spiderking50 »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:49 am »

Well, we probably won't all be on the same mission all the time. Maybe we SHOULDN'T be. Could be a max number of players per mission to balance things out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9