Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Colony RPG - Prologue: Captain's Orders  (Read 3333 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Colony RPG - Prologue: Captain's Orders
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2015, 09:38:56 pm »

The bastard actually lets out a small chuckle at that, still scowling. Weird. It passes quickly enough, though, and Tessex stops trying to get himself out of the chair; the chuckle had ruined his progress anyway. He clasps Ami's hand, grunting as he gets to his feet, steadying himself on her arm before taking a step back, shaking his head as if in disapproval. Or to try to clear it. He always looks disapproving after all.

"Hah, hah...there we go. Now...oldest one of you is how much? Sixteen, seventeen?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2015, 09:52:57 pm »

You guys are in Crimson Team, by the way. Other teams include Violet, Viridian, and Azure.
dont judge me it sounded good in my head

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2015, 10:15:26 pm »

Amelia was intrigued by her teammates. They were people she could easily work with!

"I'm Amelia Tenrin, twenty-one years old," she said, moving towards the door. "Do any of you have plans to do? Hobbies? Plans upon embark? What can you best work with? Prefer working with others or alone?"

Voting for timeskip if...err...proactivity isn't achieved in the introductions ._.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 08:21:14 am »

"I'm good at engineering in general, and computers to. As for plans... no, haven't thought about it."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2015, 02:51:35 pm »

"Blasted questions all the time. My plans're my own business, and if it weren't so star- blazin' hard to do things myself, I'd do 'em myself! As it is, I gotta just tell you lot how you're s'pposed to do your jobs. Bleedin' failure of an educational system, barely teach you brats to wipe your own noses 'fore they send ya off. Weepin' shame, it is now. Used to be we had the resources for a proper education. Maybe planetfall'll make the next ones liable to actually give a damn about learnin'...or maybe they'll just get lazy. Bah."

He didn't seem aware he'd spoken it all out loud. Seemed likely Tessex was used to talking to himself. Made sense, after all. His babble wouldn't exactly be a pleasant thing to listen to all day.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:54:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 12:40:12 am »

About an hour after leaving the captain's office, each one of you gets a message from Lara Peterson, the captain's secretary:

Fw: Orders
The captain informed me to forward these orders onto you. For future reference, I'll be your go-between from now on. If you need to report in, you'll do so through me.

>Forwarded message:
>On August 5th, 2357, <REDACTED>@neoky.info wrote:
>As for Crimson, their orders are to observe and research native flora and fauna, and repair and maintain lab equipment and forward bases out in the field. Despite our scanners picking up no native fauna, there have been reports of quadrupedal creatures roaming on the surface. This could just be wild rumor and speculation, but the reports are mostly similar enough to warrant investigation.
>Their first task, should they choose to accept it, will be to meet with Azure team at the second set of attached coordinates tomorrow to assist with the finishing touches on Beta Lab. More details will be provided by Azure on-site. For today, they should get some rest and prepare. They should know Azure team does not get the same luxury.
>Attachment: 2c3b843e94a6f18232
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:29:51 pm by AlleeCat »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 12:59:12 am »

"Nothin' til tomorrow? Righty. Time to get some work done then..."

Everett wanders off to materials storage inorder to grab some stuff to add to his Rig.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 06:01:23 am »

Hm? There's an attachment... Ami thinks, before opening said attachment.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 09:09:20 am »

Prometheus opens the attachment too, speculating on what it can possibly be.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 03:23:51 pm »

The attachment is simply a topographical map of the area in the immediate vicinity of Neo Kyoto, with a few labelled landmarks, and a dot in a clearing in the middle of a fairly dense forest not too far away.

Everett wanders off to materials storage inorder to grab some stuff to add to his Rig.
The storage VI, nicknamed Chelsey, beeps and starts up as you enter.
[SYSTEM STARTUP COMPLETE.][HELLO][OWEN][EVERETT][WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY?]

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2015, 05:52:01 pm »

"Hiah Chelsey. Got any grade C-46 capacitors about?"
Everett starts searching through boxes of components, selecting some seemingly at random.
Highly Opinionated Fool

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »

The storage boxes are all actually flush with the wall. When you ask Chelsey for something, a handle pops out of a box a few yards away, and a holographic display points you in its direction.
[ACCESS GRANTED,][OWEN][EVERETT.][MAY I ASK WHAT YOU REQUIRE A][C][DASH][FOUR][SIX][CAPACITOR][FOR?][THE DATA MAY HELP ME BETTER SERVE OTHERS IN THE FUTURE.]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »

The eldest member of their group, and the ship, started muttering to himself in a far less annoying fashion as he read the message, and pulled up the attachment.

"Well lessee if we got her, and that other one, and we'll be doing the whats-it, we'll need some of those and, eh, better safe than sorry, could use one or two o' those other ones too...then for that we might want some...yeah, alright. This might work out without anybody gettin' maimed after all."

He smirks, before coughing a few times and shaking his head, and heading over to start writing it down.

Compile a mental checklist of useful equipment and where we could request them from, or obtain them in a more...direct fashion. Which is of course to say bothering people until they give you one without needing to go through red tape.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 01:24:45 am »

"Turns out when you hook up a D-871-Hl162 with a L-10NG-D17K and a G1AN7-A555 it starts sparking something fierce. I figure if I hook in a C-46 it will equalize the power and stop the shocks. Well, something along those lines. The shocks are kinda nasty."

(As you may guess, Everett is sorta bullshitting the computer. Although, with engineers someone probably named something like that in the past...)
Highly Opinionated Fool

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 01:51:44 pm »

Tessex
From what you know, Azure team is going to be bringing the raw materials and pre-fabs out to the site today. If you're going to help with the finishing touches, you'll definitely need some extra plasma torches, bolt welders, industrial sealant, and a fusion battery for good measure. You should also find out from your resident bio-technologist if she needs any specialized lab equipment, and if your security member needs a firearm, now would be the time to put in the requisition order.

Everett
{LUCK TEST= 5 + No Modifiers}

[THERE IS NO RECORD OF A][D][EIGHT][SEVEN][ONE][H][ONE][SIX][TWO][IN MY DATABASE.][HOWEVER,][THE COMPONENTS][YOU][DESCRIBE][WOULD CAUSE][POWER FLUCTUATIONS][IN A SIMILAR MANNER.][A][C][DASH][FOUR][SIX][CAPACITOR][MAY HELP,][BUT,][MAY I ALSO SUGGEST A][C][V][FOUR][SEVEN][TRANSISTOR?]

Further down the room, another box's handle pops out.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5