Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Something To Do Until Next Release  (Read 2323 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Something To Do Until Next Release
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »

Alright, I've managed to get a player started in Morullecad.  My strategy will be to fight rabbits in the fields and sneak around a lot until I have very good skills, then either go to one of the goblin or kobold fortresses nearby to get equipment, or be bold and try to sneak in far enough to Morullecad to find some weapons.  I'm also thinking of setting some trees on fire outside the fortress and trying to draw some of the nasties into it, to reduce the number of said nasties I must actually fight.

If I make it to the golden room I'll be so proud, even though I built the thing myself!

Anyone else still giving this a shot?  I'd really love to hear your thoughts!

mport2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »

Ive attempted to use a no skill start outside fort human to no luck
so i decided to call in the dwarven military to help

btw i bow to your maze making skills that fort is huge

Jothki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 08:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sappho:
<STRONG>Wait - you got to the site?  How did you get to the site!!??

Sorry about the buildings outside.  I employed a great deal of cheating to make this, and it still took about 15 game years (and about 30 hours of my life).  I made magma outside so I wouldn't have to build an actual fortress, leaving all the room for my maze!!!</STRONG>

As long as you're cheating, is there a way to modify the world tiles to turn the ocean into walkable land?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 07:12:00 pm »

If there is, someone please tell me!  I'm no good with code and as far as I know there is no utility for that.

However, I would like to report that I successfully made it all the way to the golden room with my adventurer!  She started off naked, but I built her up slowly.  Trained sneak out in the wilderness and wrestling on warthogs, then went into one of the goblin fortresses.  Snuck around, took them down when no one was looking, and ended up finding plenty of iron weapons.  Went with the sword, continued training for a long while to make sure I was strong enough.  Wandered around some more, managed to find some ruins - killed all the zombies and skeletons, including the elites and weapon wielders, and found a decent set of human-sized bronze armor.  A little more training and I finally braved the maze.

First off, I was disappointed to find that my bins were not scattered, but sitting right in front of the fortress.  Most of the weapons and bolts can be found in those, including some of the steel weapons.  Bugger.  I wanted people to hunt for them.

The steel sword was not there, though.  I decided to explore and fight.  There are tons of monsters around the front, but once I got past the river there were almost none.  After a while, there were none at all.  I was disappointed to realize that I had trained up so far for nothing.  I didn't even see any trolls or anything - maybe they are hiding elsewhere in the maze?

Anyhow, the maze was a smashing success.  I tried to do it without my map but gave up.  I had to look at the map several times, and even then I wasn't always sure where I was due to the map rotating.  I did eventually reach the golden room, though, full of so much stuff I'd be able to buy out every shop in the world if only I could reach them.

Me in the room:

My stats at the end:

I'm thinking of keeping this character for a while.  If only there were a way to retire her so that I could use her later...  At this point it's almost boring though, I'm just too powerful and nothing can kill me.  Well, crossbows can kill me, but my sneak is so high that I just stand next to them and chuck coins at them (that was the item I could find in the biggest stacks) until they fall unconcious, then chop them to bits.

Pages: 1 [2]