Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fire Crazyness  (Read 901 times)

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire Crazyness
« on: August 27, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »

A goblin siege occured at my fortress, and so I flooded the outside with magma. A peasant was caught outside, and got set on fire before he returned indoors. Later, a mason walked out, got him, and hauled him back indoors. He was still alive. The mason walked over the wooden bridge, although he was now on fire, and he actually managed to get wet (via steam) and not on fire anymore. The peasant's body was now apparently on fire and he died shortly afterwards. Afterwards, the magma became some sort of endless wave pattern. What just happened?
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Crazyness
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:49:00 pm »

Can we see the map at the time of disaster?
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:15:00 am »

The endless magma wave pattern is a permaflood me thinks. And steam is known to put out fires.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:48:00 am »

If it's composed of moving groups of magma, it's a permawave. You could try flooding it again completely, and then turning off the floodgates again, and hoping it doesn't cause permawaves again.

[ August 28, 2007: Message edited by: Shadowlord ]

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive