Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: War for Andala, an Only War Campaign  (Read 13612 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War for Andala, an Only War Campaign
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2015, 12:47:02 pm »

The Crimson Guard are actually Tech Priests, not Skitarii iirc. But anyway, starting a debate about it would be kind of silly.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »

I know the Crimson Guard are militant tech-priests; I mentioned I was thinking of them, not that they're Skitarii.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »

I know the Crimson Guard are militant tech-priests; I mentioned I was thinking of them, not that they're Skitarii.
Ok. My bad then. I thought you meant something else.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2015, 01:55:27 pm »

Yeah, my phrasing ended up accidentally ambiguous. Oh, and I should have mentioned the color scheme for the Skitarii of Valtrass I: rust-color warplate, copper cybernetics and light gray robes with the white symbol of Valtrass I Legiones Skitarii - two scissor-like blades side by side emerging from the upper half of a cog containing a small skull -  displayed prominently on the back of the hood.

The Knight House installed in Valtrass II is House Valrisian, which has close ties with the Mechanicus and does, albeit rarely, "adopt" promising warriors from "normal" knight orders to test their mettle and judge them whether they are worthy to pilot an Imperial Knight. This practice causes those born in the House's line to try their hardest not to lose their ancestral rights, which means the acceptance of foreign members to the House's training might be a gambit based on that response.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:39:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2015, 02:04:21 pm »

back story done
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2015, 02:58:14 pm »

I don't have any Deathwatch books, so if someone has them could they please copy-paste the stat sheet for a dreadnought (or, in case they just alter the interred Astartes' stats, the appropriate bonuses/maluses)? This is making me feel like trying to work on the Knight World regiment option I was working before, where the PCs pilot smaller Imperial Knights roughly the size of a dreadnought, patterns named Page and Squire. They're produced at a Forge World that had/developed their designs and decided to press them into production to protect actual Knights much like the Knights can protect Titans, and also to work on their own or supporting IG while acting as "training wheels" for pilots who can pilot a true Knight in the future.

A campaign centered around them would be like the super-heavy regiment, but even deadlier. But hey, giant chainweapons.
>Yes?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2015, 03:56:47 pm »

Sent it to you. Won't post it here because reasons.

EDIT: Btw, spazyak, after giving a closer look to your sheet (I hadn't had time), your sheet needs a lot of cleaning up (it looks really messy, and maybe it's just me, but it is kinda... Underwhelming. I don't know how to explain it), and that backstory is quite lacking and completely ignoring the fact that you aren't exactly an Imperial Guard regiment and that one does not enlist in the Imperial Guard (in some planets, you can, but it is usually not the case). As well as being quite... Well, I don't want to be mean, but there isn't really that much difference between writing that and writing nothing at all.

I know some people find it difficult to write backstory for their characters, but that character, and I mean no offense with this, looks like something thrown out at the last second, after barely giving it any thought (or, in some parts of the sheet, after barely reading the rules). And although I don't like kicking people out of games just because they lack experience, I want this campaign to be something serious, enjoyable for all and engaging. And if I have to play with one or two players fewer than I would like to, I will.

This sounds harsh and drastic. But to be honest, I hardly (if ever) get to play games from the WH40K RPGs. And if I like them is both because of the system and because of the narrative that the setting can provide. So I want to have (And I feel like this is not asking for that much) a good narrative and gaming experience. That character is the kind of character that doesn't belong in the kind of game I'm looking forward to GMing (and the kind of game I presume the others want to play, based on the questions and comments I've read), but rather on a far more short-term, simpler game.

So please, I'd ask you to rethink your character, give it a bit more effort, both in your backstory and your sheet, and post it before this Sunday. If you think you won't be able to do it, I invite you to please step aside and let someone else play.

As I said, I mean no offense with this. I'm just trying to ensure the best experience for all. Usually I'm more patient with these things, but I have had a very bad week. And a very bad summer too, to be honest. And I am running low on patience.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:18:54 pm by Khaiel »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2015, 04:49:02 pm »

Thanks for the statline, Khaiel. It seems dreadnoughts are pretty close to the Hellbrute I was using as base, just with half the cruising speed and a few oddities apart.

@3man75: You need to add +12 Wounds from the Specialty, and did you add the +5 Toughness from the Stormtrooper Specialty? The weapon training should be (Las, Solid Projectile, Low-Tech). You can and might want to keep the standard-issue long-las since it's a very good weapon in my opinion, and your hot-shot does not use charge packs - it comes with three (Errata) power packs, each weighing 10 Kg. You'll most likely want to carry only one power pack around and swap between the hot-shot and long-las as necessary.

>Yes?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2015, 05:21:47 pm »

Sent it to you. Won't post it here because reasons.

EDIT: Btw, spazyak, after giving a closer look to your sheet (I hadn't had time), your sheet needs a lot of cleaning up (it looks really messy, and maybe it's just me, but it is kinda... Underwhelming. I don't know how to explain it), and that backstory is quite lacking and completely ignoring the fact that you aren't exactly an Imperial Guard regiment and that one does not enlist in the Imperial Guard (in some planets, you can, but it is usually not the case). As well as being quite... Well, I don't want to be mean, but there isn't really that much difference between writing that and writing nothing at all.

I know some people find it difficult to write backstory for their characters, but that character, and I mean no offense with this, looks like something thrown out at the last second, after barely giving it any thought (or, in some parts of the sheet, after barely reading the rules). And although I don't like kicking people out of games just because they lack experience, I want this campaign to be something serious, enjoyable for all and engaging. And if I have to play with one or two players fewer than I would like to, I will.

This sounds harsh and drastic. But to be honest, I hardly (if ever) get to play games from the WH40K RPGs. And if I like them is both because of the system and because of the narrative that the setting can provide. So I want to have (And I feel like this is not asking for that much) a good narrative and gaming experience. That character is the kind of character that doesn't belong in the kind of game I'm looking forward to GMing (and the kind of game I presume the others want to play, based on the questions and comments I've read), but rather on a far more short-term, simpler game.

So please, I'd ask you to rethink your character, give it a bit more effort, both in your backstory and your sheet, and post it before this Sunday. If you think you won't be able to do it, I invite you to please step aside and let someone else play.

As I said, I mean no offense with this. I'm just trying to ensure the best experience for all. Usually I'm more patient with these things, but I have had a very bad week. And a very bad summer too, to be honest. And I am running low on patience.
yah, I know, I couldn't think  of a back story. If need be I can drop out, sorry. About the char sheet being under whelming, I don't know what to tell you.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2015, 07:46:46 pm »

Put in the 12 wounds I was missing. Also I already added the +5 from my storm trooper specialty.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2015, 09:24:41 pm »

Did you check if you're able to carry all of your crap? With your current stats, your character's Carrying Weight is 36 Kg.
>Yes?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »

Did you check if you're able to carry all of your crap? With your current stats, your character's Carrying Weight is 36 Kg.

No, I'll do that tommorow. TBH I REALLY don't want to do that now.

Theirs like 17 items in two different books i'm going to have go find the kg to :(

EDIT: 27 kg of my space is taken up thus far. I have the hot-shot lasgun w/upgrade, Storm trooper armor (I'm adding the flak armor too despite me not going to use it), knife, and that's all for now.

Like I said I'll finish tommorow but I think I'll be okay :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:27:01 pm by 3man75 »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2015, 11:18:37 pm »

I don't think you're actually proficient with the grenade launcher upgrade?  I guess it might be useful to take along anyway, though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2015, 11:31:42 pm »

I suspect the auxiliar grenade launcher upgrade doesn't need training to be used, much like throwing a grenade doesn't require any or the exterminator cartridge doesn't require Weapon Training (Flame). The upgrade's profile seems to corroborate that, classifying the auxiliary launcher as Basic but - most likely on purpose - not saying it's a Launcher.

@3man75: Storm trooper carapace weighs 15 Kg, the Hot-shot is 6 (weapon) +10 (power source) Kg, the auxiliary grenade launcher is 2.5 Kg, two grenades make for 1 Kg. That small kit alone weighs 34.5 Kg.
>Yes?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2015, 01:53:39 am »

Ah, that reminds me.  As a matter of interest, does the ACTUAL grenade launcher come with an additional magazine of grenades?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16