Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: War for Andala, an Only War Campaign  (Read 13599 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War for Andala, an Only War Campaing
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 12:58:48 pm »

What day/time do you have in mind? I live in the GMT -5 timezone and my Sunday nights (20:00h-23:00h) are already taken by a Rogue Trader sandbox game, so I might end up being unable to play.

Besides recovering some regiment suggestions from other threads in case I muster the strength to do so, I just had an idea for a regiment and I'll write it down in a while.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 01:41:24 pm »

Just edited my post's fluff. I'll changing the uniform emblem later also but I want to make sure that the reason/fluff is normalized first.

By the way I am Eastern timezone for the U.S.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 02:23:42 pm »

The sheet could do with a "Regiment Type" field, by the way. The provided sheet has it with the Name and it could be included in Doctrines since it's one and counts against the 3 doctrines limit, but since it's the most defining option I think having it easily displayed above the other doctrines is a good idea.

Edit: Of course it's just a suggestion, though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:30:04 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2015, 03:21:02 pm »

What day/time do you have in mind? I live in the GMT -5 timezone and my Sunday nights (20:00h-23:00h) are already taken by a Rogue Trader sandbox game, so I might end up being unable to play.

Besides recovering some regiment suggestions from other threads in case I muster the strength to do so, I just had an idea for a regiment and I'll write it down in a while.
any time one the weekends or Wednesday-Thursday -6 EST
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2015, 03:54:41 pm »

I'm on GMT +2. I think on Saturdays I could play from 22:00-04:00 (Not all those 6 hours, that's just the best time frame for me). That is 15:00-21:00 on GMT -5. So, at some point during that time period would the best for me, but I can accomodate for other hours.

PS: I included the regiment type with the name because most regiments are usually named by their planet and their regiment type, but if you want you can include an extra field for it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2015, 03:58:38 pm »

I've got another game on Saturday.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 04:01:31 pm »

I see... I could play on Sundays from 22:00 to 02:00, So that would be 15:00-19:00 for GMT -5 and 14:00-18:00 for GMT -6, but I don't now if Caellath would have problems with the other game.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:48 pm »

I think I'm fine with the time proposed by Khaiel since it doesn't end at the RT session's doors.

I'm still working on the regiment I mentioned before (peasants and warriors from a Knight World levied by the Mechanicus), but here's an interesting suggestion if the campaign happens during the time of the Third War for Armageddon or after it. It was quicker to write since Savlar already has a canon story, but I still appreciate its take on penal regiments. Of course the unique trait needs GM approval but it seems like a valid trade off:
Spoiler: Savlar Chem Dogs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:05:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:31 pm »

I see... I could play on Sundays from 22:00 to 02:00, So that would be 15:00-19:00 for GMT -5 and 14:00-18:00 for GMT -6, but I don't now if Caellath would have problems with the other game.

I can see through my timezone calculator that 7 PM here on my eastern time zone is for Khaiel 1 PM. What would 22:00 to 2:00 be though? Sorry first time I've coordnated for long distanced gaming :(

Spoiler: Savlar Chem Dogs (click to show/hide)

Would Storm Troopers even be allowed to join a Penal unit? Just asking since it seems odd if they did being such highly prized soldiers. If not, its fine. Line infantry sounds perfect for this.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:17:12 pm by 3man75 »

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 06:12:54 pm »

The Chem Dogs look good, and the trait seems reasonable. Only thing is that the additional equipment is 30 points, not 15 (unless you have spent some of them, and it doesn't look like it).

22:00 is 10 PM. I'm sorry, I'm more used to the 24 hour clock.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »

Just saying even though saturdays and sundays are fine for me I'd like it to be at least 7:00 my time. I just don't know if my folks would allow me to be screaming out "FOR THE EMPERAAH!" at 4 in the morning.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 06:21:55 pm »

If I've done my calculations right, you won't be. The start hour I said would be 3 in the afternoon for GMT -5

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 07:18:13 pm »

It would be 3 in the afternoon for me then?  :-\

Well sounds great tell me when we start.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 07:18:47 pm »

Would Storm Troopers even be allowed to join a Penal unit? Just asking since it seems odd if they did being such highly prized soldiers. If not, its fine. Line infantry sounds perfect for this.

Khaiel said there won't be storm troopers; the specialty will be fluffed as a veteran/better soldier, like the Krieg Death Korps have their Grenadiers. Using that logic, the storm troopers in a regiment like that would be prisoners with a fighting background such as hitmen, guardsmen, assassins, pit fighters and skilled hive scum. And I picked Siege because Chem Dogs are sent into the worst warzones, including tunnel fighting and the darkest areas of the underhive; siege was the best approximation I could take without resorting to drawbacks and the Toughness boost matches their tough-as-nails nature.

The Chem Dogs look good, and the trait seems reasonable. Only thing is that the additional equipment is 30 points, not 15 (unless you have spent some of them, and it doesn't look like it).

Scum and Villainy cuts their extra equipment points by half and they end up with 15.
>Yes?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »

Scum and Villainy cuts their extra equipment points by half and they end up with 15.
Ok. I missed that. So, you would just have to choose the equipment, which I guess you left open to discuss it with the others.

It would be 3 in the afternoon for me then?  :-\

Well sounds great tell me when we start.
I believe it would.

Once everyone who wants to make a regiment suggestion posts it, we'll get to making the characters, and then we'll start.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16