Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 2 -- Players Always Needed!  (Read 9182 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 1 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:08 pm »

Let the hunters finish it off.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »

This time, go for the full health one.  Some pain with his lack of buddies and he should reconsider his life choices.
Between yourself and the guard, you quickly mess up the remaining bandit badly enough for him to think better of sticking around. And the one attacking the driver similarly decides he has better places to be. The group takes a brief breather. Do you continue with the merchants (and extend this encounter) or head back to town, having done your job?
+3 Achievement Points (Bandits beaten)

Let the hunters finish it off.
There is a very brief struggle, in which the spearman takes a blow from the tail, but the snake is soon struck down. The wounded hunter finally frees himself from the snake's coils, and turns to you. "I'm not sure if you are very brave or very stupid, but I owe my life to you. Thank you."

Everyone takes a moment to recover, before one of the hunters speaks up, asking one of the most ominous yet promising questions that can be asked while in a cave. "I wonder what else is down there..." Do you delve deeper into the cave (and extend this encounter) or head back to town, taking your trophy with you?
+5 Achievement Points (Snake Defeated)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2015, 06:23:15 pm »

Onward!  I was commanded to protect them, so do it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2015, 06:26:35 pm »

I think I'm good. Leave the encounter.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2015, 01:53:06 pm »

Round 1: Turn 1.5
Settlement: Village; Population: Human; Stores: Temple (Human), Thieves’ Guild
Players: tntey, Urist McCoder, Salsacookies, and Toaster (in encounter)

Cards: I am PM'ing each of you the cards you won for the encounters you completed. Most of the cards come with descriptions/directions. For the encounter cards, you have three options: Use it to find that encounter yourself, use it to force a specific opponent (who has not played their own encounter card) to find that encounter, or use it to force any opponent without an encounter card to experience that encounter. This may not interrupt a multi-turn encounter (i.e. Toaster can neither play encounter cards on himself, nor can others play cards on him).

Only three of the original adventurer's returned to the village of Humbroldt, one having been lost during their first exploration, another taking part in a long trip.

Turn 2 will begin when every player decides to seek out an encounter. Before doing so you may visit shops.

Spoiler: tntey Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urist McCoder Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster Status (click to show/hide)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 1.5 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2015, 02:06:23 pm »

Equip the knightsnake hide. Check out the thief guild place.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2015, 02:27:51 pm »

Continue continuing, I guess?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

go become the leader of the thrives guild

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2015, 05:23:56 pm »

Deposit my gold in the bank or something similar
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2015, 05:29:34 pm »

((I'll waitlist.))

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2015, 11:56:01 pm »

Equip the knightsnake hide. Check out the thief guild place.
As with all heroes, after you find a rare creature's hide you are only a few cuts away from a piece of armor. In short order you don a very comfortable, and almost fashionable, suit of armor that wears like leather and protects like plate.

The thieves guild is little different from before, offering stilettos and grappling hook, and advice for those who can pay. Despite the quality of advice you received last time, it seems you can't pay their fee.

Deposit my gold in the bank or something similar
[1d6=4]After getting your gems appraised by a couple of different sources, you get a pretty decent deal, coming away with 50 gold coins, enough to do most of what you could want

go become the leader of the thrives guild
You politely suggest this to the members of the guild, and they respond with a remarkably less polite suggestion. Offended as you are, you decide to carry on with your previous plan of roaming the countryside promoting justice. Or earning money. But definitely roaming the countryside.

Continue continuing, I guess?
((Sry, you're sorta in limbo till the others commit to encounters.))

((I'll waitlist.))
((Welcome aboard! Enjoy your stay, but avoid the shellfish. It's a little too fresh.))

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2015, 05:45:54 am »

Go to the temple and look for an encounter.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2015, 06:49:09 am »

go roam the country side :-\

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 08:50:17 am »

I would like to join this

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 09:24:56 am »

Find a thief and kill him. I don't want him possibly stealing my gold in the future
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6