Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 2 -- Players Always Needed!  (Read 9201 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 1 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2015, 05:39:31 am »

[bend encounter[/b]

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2015, 10:40:48 am »

Go towards the light
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2015, 10:43:12 am »

Go towards the light

((Noooo!  You have so much left ahead of you!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2015, 05:58:26 am »

Bump
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2015, 01:28:20 pm »

Alert the others.  Surely someone has a knife or something I could use?
[1d6=4] You need no prodding from the Goddess to enlist the help of your comrades. There is one other guard with you, who hands you dagger, and the driver himself pulls out a club. Apparently they would rather stand and fight than try to run. You three watch as four shapes appear out of the darkness. The odds do not seem to lie in your favor, but with the Goddess' help you may just make it through. What do you do?

Toaster: HP 15/15, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2
Driver: HP 15/15, Att 4-6, Def 2, Init 1
Guard: HP 20/20, Att 6-8, Def 2, Init 1

Bandit 1: HP 15/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 2: HP 15/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 3: HP 15/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 4: HP 15/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1

Alert the other. Get ready to grapple the snake if I need to.
[1d6=3] In a somewhat panicked voice you declare the snake is in the room.

The problem is that when you spoke, the two bowmen both looked towards you. In that moment you knew. One of them would be attacked. Scenes like this do not simply pass without one of the unsuspecting comrades being brutalized. And as the bowman by the stalagmites was half way turned around, you saw it. The snake was three times the length of a man, and easily as thick as an orc's thigh. It coiled around one of the distant stalagmites, preparing to strike. Just as the bowmen began to open his mouth, to speak words which which you can only guess would relate to where you heard the snake from, his question was violently and decisively answered. The snake struck him in the back and pushed down to the ground amidst the stone pillars. It's body began wrapping around the poor hunter. Acting on some strange instinct you didn't know you had, you are halfway to the snake already, far closer than either of the other hunters, which are still trying to figure out what is happening. What do you do?

end encounter
You move on, none the richer but without any significant loss other than your time.

Go towards the light
The first thing you notice as you get closer is the the light surges and subsides rhythmically, almost like breathing. The second thing you notice is the dragon. You promise yourself that in the future you'll try and make fire breathing lizards five times your size your first priority when surveying caves.

Fortunately the dragon has no such priorities. In fact, it is currently asleep. You notice that there are a number of interesting gems and minerals behind it, but you aren't sure it's safe to walk to close to one of the only creatures other than humanoids known for cooking it's meals before consuming them. What do you do?

Bump
You are neither forgotten nor unloved, but a workday which had hopes of being a brief exploration turned into a veritable odyssey.
But on a more serious note, I don't mind reminders at all, but there will also likely be days where I simply cannot post. It's unlikely the delay will ever last more than a single day, and if it does I'll make sure to leave you guys a note to that effect.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2015, 01:32:10 pm »

Check that writ real quick; any tips and advice there?  Otherwise, flank out a bit and see if I can catch one unaware.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2015, 01:39:32 pm »

Fire my grappling hook at it, then start wildly swinging the grappling hook to try to shake the snake.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2015, 02:07:27 pm »

Ooo! Get the shinies!
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2015, 03:23:31 pm »

go make justice

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »

Check that writ real quick; any tips and advice there?  Otherwise, flank out a bit and see if I can catch one unaware.
[1d6=1] The writ is empty for the moment, presumably because Aagi thought it was fairly straightforward from this point. Falling back to your default, you separate from the group. Sadly, with four of them watching three of you, it's hard to go unnoticed. One of the bandits attack you. You dagger is more maneuverable than their makeshift club, But it was still a painful ordeal. Two of the bandits go after the guard, figuring it necessary to outnumber him, and the remaining one attacks the driver. The blows exchanged are fairly even, and the battle is still up in the air. What do you do?

Toaster: HP 11/15, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2
Driver: HP 12/15, Att 4-6, Def 2, Init 1
Guard: HP 13/20, Att 6-8, Def 2, Init 1

Bandit 1: HP 11/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 2: HP 11/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 3: HP 7/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1

Fire my grappling hook at it, then start wildly swinging the grappling hook to try to shake the snake.
[1d6=6] Throwing grappling hooks at armored snakes isn't meant to work. You tell this principle to kindly bugger off, and it surprisingly complies. As a result, instead of the hook ineffectually bouncing off, missing entirely, hitting your new comrade, wrapping around your leg and dragging you within range of the snake, knocking over a stalagmite, or any innumerable more probable outcomes, it wraps twice around the snake and one prong embeds beneath a scale. A simple tug tightens the rope around the snake, a counterpart to the snake around the man.

Ignoring this small poetry, you start flailing around wildly. Each tug fights the snake's hold just a little bit, but can hardly dislodge it from it's prey. You heart a snap come from the bowmen trapped within the snakes coils, with only his head visible now. You can only hope that it was his bow...

More effectively, however, you thoroughly disorient the snake. The spearman is able to approach relatively fearlessly, and jabs into it's hide. The other bowmen similarly contributes an arrow to the task, though it is far from effective. What do you do?

tntey: HP 15/15, Att 1-3, Def 0, Init 1
Spearman: HP 20/20, Att 6-8 (Ignore 2 Def), Def 2, Init 1
Bowman: HP 20/20, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2
Bowman: HP 13/20, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2

Knight Snake: HP 25/30, Att 6-10, Def 3, Init 2

Ooo! Get the shinies!
[1d6=5] You have the survival instincts of a lemming, the financial instinct of the best of bankers and thieves (usually indistinguishable groups), and the luck of man who has a spare card up his sleeve. Which is to say you stupidly walked past the dragon, successfully grabbed an armful of gems, which you assume are valuable. In the process you notice that the cave extends past the dragon's lair. However, you prioritize taking your catch to the surface, rather than venturing forth. Standing back at the mouth of the cave, you are faced with a new decision. Do you go back in (extending the encounter into the next turn), or head back to town with your loot (ending this encounter)?
+5 Achievement Points (Stealing from a dragon)

go make justice
Leaving your questionable activity behind, you set off into the surrounding farmland to seek justice. Your next encounter will begin when the others have finished their first encounter.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2015, 04:04:35 pm »

Run to the snake, and start burning it with the torch.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2015, 06:31:28 pm »

I'm already out, head back to town!

((When do we start using cards?))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:35:33 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2015, 08:04:20 pm »

((Probably when we earn them by completing an encounter.))

Attack the weakest one; let's even the odds a bit.

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2015, 11:36:38 am »

Run to the snake, and start burning it with the torch.
[1d6=6] Were there a committee overseeing your actions, they would categorize this as reckless and ill-conceived, and in all likelihood suggest you take just about any other action. Fortunately, you show no such concern for either well-being or rationality and charge the snake with your torch. You wave the torch in front of it and hit the spade shaped head. While this doesn't seem to harm the snake directly, it is beyond dazed and confused, and the hunters are able to attack it without fear of retaliation. The bound one is even ignored enough by the snake to be able to gain some space to move, and uses this to stab the snake with a dagger he had on his person.

tntey: HP 15/15, Att 1-3, Def 0, Init 1
Spearman: HP 20/20, Att 6-8 (Ignore 2 Def), Def 2, Init 1
Bowman: HP 20/20, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2
Bowman: HP 13/20, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2

Knight Snake: HP 10/30, Att 6-10, Def 3, Init 2

I'm already out, head back to town!

((When do we start using cards?))
Satisfied with what you've taken, you leave the cave behind you. Feel free to visit shops, etc. while you wait for others to complete their encounters.

((Probably when we earn them by completing an encounter.))

Attack the weakest one; let's even the odds a bit.
You dash out of reach of the bandit which had confronted you, and get behind the bandit which the guard had been dealing with. You slip your dagger in between his ribs, and the heavily bleeding bandit runs off, unwilling to die for a few coins. The guard steps past you, and delivers a deep cut in the thigh of the bandit which you had first faced off with, who also opted to live.

This leaves only one bandit between you and the guard, and the driver facing a bandit by himself. A little bit of speed an maneuverability put the odds of the battle squarely in your favor. What do you do?

Toaster: HP 11/15, Att 3-5, Def 0, Init 2
Driver: HP 8/15, Att 4-6, Def 2, Init 1
Guard: HP 9/20, Att 6-8, Def 2, Init 1

Bandit 1: HP 4/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 2: HP 5/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1
Bandit 3: HP 2/15, Att 4-6, Def 0, Init 1

Spoiler: New Thoughts (click to show/hide)

((Also, Eritzap has been swallowed whole by the druid consumed by the oppressive forces of life which attempt to take us all too busy, and left us. I won't be filling his spot, we'll just be down to four for this round.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2015, 12:22:02 pm »

This time, go for the full health one.  Some pain with his lack of buddies and he should reconsider his life choices.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6