Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 2 -- Players Always Needed!  (Read 9204 times)

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 0 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 01:15:25 pm »

visit the temple get a blessing from the relevant god, then head to the thieves guild and see what they are selling.
This particular temple is devoted to Aagi, Goddess of Justice and Law. [1d6=5] A kindly old priest, the only occupant of the temple at the moment besides your fellow adventurers, says a brief blessing over you, asking Aagi to grant you strength to bring justice to an unjust world. So naturally you decide to patron the local Thieves' Guild.

The guild, little more than a collection of criminals in a cellar, does offer stilettos, for 20 gold, and grappling hooks, for 7. It would appear their chief activities consist of breaking and entering homes, either to steal or for more nefarious purposes. A few coins can always purchase information as well.(Three Thieves' Guild items revealed)

Wander around the village, try to pick up interesting conversations among the villagers.
[1d6=6] You manage to gather together a few rumors about troubles plaguing the town. Most of it is petty gossip, but there are two of note.
Spoiler: Rumors (Eritzap) (click to show/hide)

Pay a visit to the thieves guild and see what's being sold. Then go to the temple and see who is being worshiped.
You find a group of grungy people eyeing each other cautiously in a basement, along with a few strongmen bellowing loudly over drinks. On sale from a shady merchant claiming to be a "representative" of the guild are stilettos, for 20 gold, and grappling hooks, for 7. It doesn't take much imagination to come up with uses for them, but a few coins might give hints as to where and when.

At the temple you find an altar devoted to the Goddess Aagi, matron of justice and law. You overhear another asking about goods on sale at the temple, and can't help but be amazed by the tensions in this tiny town. (See Toaster)

Might as well start at the middle; visit the temple and get a feel for the community.  See what is available there.
The Goddess Aagi, whose followers are devoted to causes just and lawful, is the deity of choice in Humbroldt. Her priest explains the services of the temple as being devoted to encouraging individuals to seek out injustices and right them. In more concrete terms, Prayer Beads are offered to inspire contemplation of justice, for a mere 5 gold, Holy Writs can be obtained for 20 gold, and represent a direct form of communication with Aagi, in which she will show the supplicant an injustice and reward them for resolving it, and the service of blessing weapons, for 35 gold. Such a blessing grants the weapon the ability to strike true on thieves, bandits, and their ilk. Finally, anyone may take time to devote themselves to prayer, and the Goddess may respond. (Three temple items revealed, One repeatable encounter revealed)

I will see what's being sold in the thieves' guild
Tools of breaking and entering and silent killing are their trade. Grappling hooks may be purchased for 7 gold, while a sharp stiletto goes for 20 gold. Rumors may be reliably purchased here as well, with a few coins in the right hand. Often no more than 5 or 10, depending on the magnitude of rumor sought out.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 0.1 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 01:35:12 pm »

but a stiletto

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 01:47:50 pm »

Go visit that druid. If I don't know where he is, try to ask people around about that.

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »

but a stiletto
You are now penniless, but armed. A fair trade in your mind.

Go visit that druid. If I don't know where he is, try to ask people around about that.
You head off to the druid. (Encounter will begin when all players have committed to a first encounter.)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 03:02:07 pm »

Give me a stiletto
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 03:06:42 pm »

Give me a stiletto
You too opt for light pockets and sharp steel.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »

Buy two grappling hooks, and use 5 gold to hear some rumors
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 03:46:26 pm »

Buy two grappling hooks, and use 5 gold to hear some rumors
You get your grappling hooks, and gain a little extra information in the exchange.

Spoiler: Rumor (tntey) (click to show/hide)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 08:07:46 pm »

Join the hunting party.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 08:25:18 pm »

Join the hunting party.
You set off with the hunting party. (Encounter will begin when all players have committed to a first encounter.)

((A note to those not yet engaged in encounters: you can simply set off and see what happens, the only drawback being you have no idea what you'll run into. You don't need to find information about the encounter ahead of time, it just gives you the ability to make decisions and plan better.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 08:42:43 pm »

Well, got my stuff, Seek out an encounter
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 11:21:29 pm »

Obtain Holy Writ and use it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 05:43:49 am »

find some one to con and subsequently stab(ie find an encounter)

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 12:29:06 pm »

Round 1: Turn 1
Settlement: Village; Population: Human; Stores: Temple (Human), Thieves’ Guild
Players: tntey, Urist McCoder, Salsacookies, Eritzap, and Toaster

tntey Encounter: Hunting Party
With a grappling hook slung around each shoulder, you meet up with three huntsman, two armed with bows and arrows and one with a spear. They express confusion about somebody with grappling hooks joining a hunting party, but don’t see any reason you can’t come along. It turns out they haven’t chosen a location to go hunting yet, and they seek your input. Will you go hunting for wolves in the forest[, fire lizards in the swamp, or the Knight Snake in a nearby cave, known for its plated hide? Your companions are chatting amiably about these hunting prospects, and seem willing to share their knowledge freely.

Urist McCoder Encounter: Beggar
You walk around the town aimlessly looking for a mark, and almost trip over an opportunity. A beggar sits in the street, and next to him is an open bowl with some coins. You can’t tell if he might have anything else on him, but you aren’t going to find a more vulnerable mark anywhere else.

Salsacookies Encounter: ?Cave?
You walk out of the town on an eastern road, and stray down an unmarked side trail, your feet moving you forward though you have no specific goal. The trail ends in a cave which has a few streaks of soot on its smooth ceiling.

Eritzap Encounter: Druid
You had not previously understood that “druid” was short hand for a person who smells like a sock which was taken off after months of wear only because its wearer stepped knee deep into a cesspit. It seemed the distance between the druid and the town was best explained by the town, having been closer originally, up and moving all of its buildings and residents to just outside the reach of the foul stench. But at least he had work for you.

It turned out fire was good for a nearby plain. It had been short on such blazes recently, mostly because the nearby town was paranoid. The druid tasked you with igniting all of the grasses and decaying material. And while he did not mention protecting the town, you felt it might be a good idea. His only suggestion for how to accomplish any of this was that an adjacent swamp was teeming with fire lizards.

Toaster Encounter: Merchant Caravan
You pass your entire coinpurse to the priest, and in exchange he hands you a scroll from atop a stack behind the altar. As you unfurl it the previously blank parchment is filled with a script so perfect it could only be described as divine.
Quote from: Holy Writ
My people suffer. This village has been cut off from surrounding towns by bandits. Your greatest service would be to help protect a caravan which is travelling to a nearby town to obtain arms and armor for the guards here. Be at the west gate at midnight, and ask for a ride. Protect them.

Not one to ignore supernatural writing with such pristine penmanship, you follow the instructions to the immaculate t. And so you find yourself in the pitch black in the back of a merchant’s cart filled with pelts. You’ve seen no sign of robbers as of yet, but the night is young.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tntey Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urist McCoder Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eritzap Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster Status (click to show/hide)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 1 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:00 pm »

Ask if we can hunt the knight snake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6