Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

your worst fear, is a plague of

bugs
- 1 (12.5%)
robots
- 1 (12.5%)
monsters(xenomorph, zerglings, cthulu spawn)
- 0 (0%)
energy beings(ghosts, titan ae Drej, quasi physical beings)
- 0 (0%)
disapearances
- 1 (12.5%)
clones
- 0 (0%)
tourists
- 3 (37.5%)
humanoid monsters(vampires, werewolves, mummies, ect.)
- 1 (12.5%)
contagious disease
- 1 (12.5%)
conquering civilization
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Astranomicon  (Read 15386 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Astranomicon
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2015, 09:04:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On this, the 13th day of September, I, the Arbitor of the Astranomicon, do so now record the 13th reality.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:05:55 pm by GameBoyBlue »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2015, 09:06:18 pm »

about time. its been what? a day? two? ....but I cant read roman numerals.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:08:00 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2015, 09:08:28 pm »

Count them. They go clockwise from 1.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »

ahh...

dreamscape sure is popular for connections..now if we just had some players.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2015, 09:11:50 pm »

I quickly undo it ;)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

...Has Dewsteep Valley ceased to exist?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2015, 10:28:02 pm »

RAFFLE #4

If you would like to volunteer to host the next raffle, please say so now.

Welcome once again! And thanks to all those who entered the raffle, and for everyone's creativity and imagination, I could not do this alone.

Ticket Count
GameBoyBlue 3(just to brag)
XXXXYYYY 3
Whisperling 2
Sl4cker 3
8!

To be sure your tickets are all counted, be sure to:
✓ have a Godly Endeavour checklist on your page
✓ note that last raffle number you reset your bonus tickets

The prizes approved for this raffle are:
Eldership C
1 Bronze Token

This raffle is special to me. I have hosted forum games for a long time, and often they are continuous ones like this. I have tried in the past to slowly hand over my power to players and others involved, to varying degrees of success. I strive and delight in the thought of having created a truly self sustainable experience, something that can survive and thrive beyond my involvement. Today is a big step for that for Bubble Reality.

I will now draw our winners...

Spoiler: BRONZE TOKEN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ELDERSHIP C (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CURRENT ELDERS (click to show/hide)

This is a big step. We are out of the harbor. I will continue to fulfill my role as Arbitor, safeguarding the eldership process, and that is it!

Requirements Before Next Raffle:
2 calendar days from today atleast
Player activity in Bubble Reality thread

For those wanting to host a raffle, I appreciate it. I have intentionally written this in a away that can act as a template for those to come. Next time, Eldership A will be swapped. The compensation will be 1 Bronze Token, until I notify of any change.

My compensation as per decree by Arbitor GameBoyBlue, as a thank you for hosting this raffle and forfeiting my own entry, is 1 Bronze Token, which I have chosen to accept.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2015, 07:16:45 am »

I received a personal message regarding link requests. Has someone requested to link into the Expanse? I didn't see one in the thread. Also, last I checked, I was arming off in reality 1, raising sheep in the pastures and growing barley, I think.

Edit: can we get the link to the other thread put in the OP?

And I'd like to categorize Reality 3's DM style as Discovery.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:20:21 am by Ozarck »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »

So, how exactly are we supposed to manage inter-reality travel? I'm not entierly sure which GM should be describing the exit.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2015, 12:31:52 am »

The one currently holding the player may wish to "hand over" the player to subtly give permission for them to exit. This also an opportunity to give the next god a choice on NPC overflow, "the cannabals try to follow Jim over!".

Edit: but if the first god doesnt have any rules about "leaving engagement" clearly posted, as with any other rules about leaving either, then the second god is free to assume they can take over for the player right away.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:02:33 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2015, 07:15:23 pm »

I like how in mario maker, you have to beat your level in order to submit it. Perhaps we should do something like this?

Perhaps a badge isn't "official" until someone gets it, then it becomes part of the circuit.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2015, 07:19:02 pm »

What does "official" even really mean, in this context? I mean, they don't do anything if no one has them, so I guess I just don't get what you said.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2015, 07:48:51 pm »

What does "official" even really mean, in this context? I mean, they don't do anything if no one has them, so I guess I just don't get what you said.

Thank you, that leads perfectly into my proposition.

Proposition 2015.09.15-1 "The Rift"
Description: This is a place where gods can make extra realities. They can even swap them, but connections are all removed. Ideally harder worlds will be placed here, and only veteran explorers can get there. Gods may only make an extra world if they complete the godly endeavors, and may make more if they do it again with the new one. This is limited by the need to get visitors, make networks, and have a 14 day old reality as is required by the endeavors.
Proposed Changes:
If a player has every badge, they may explore worlds in The Rift.
If a god has every basic godly endeavor complete, that god may make their first reality in this seperate, second zone.
Additional realities may be created after a new godly endeavor checklist for the last is completed. (Only the normal reality's tickets impact the raffle.)
A player may choose anywhere to start, creating a "Personal Rift". They must return the way they came to get back, or go with another player through their personal rift.

Comments: I think now is the time to add this, because it gives gods time to plan, and to relax into the idea of having more than just one place to express their creativity, especially for those jack-of-trades designers. Things may get a little crazy, but I think that fits for a "Bonus World" to have a more complex labrynth network, where the gods can create more spaces. Gods are encouraged to focus a bit more on a singleplayer experience here, as veteran explorers may tend do become much more rare. Yet well intended exceptions to these recommendations may also serve it well.

Edit: Currently calling it The Rift, though I also liked Shadow Expanse, and Vanguard Expanse.

This is a proposition, and is susceptible to Elder God decline, and of course anyone can comment, or debate, but this will become an official change after a day.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:10:47 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2015, 02:15:12 pm »

So, how exactly are we supposed to manage inter-reality travel? I'm not entierly sure which GM should be describing the exit.

This is a pretty important choice, that every god will need to make for themselves and define clearly, on their page. Is it ok if a player runs away from battle, or every time things get a little hairy? Do they have to be in a certain area in your world to travel to a connection, or is there even a special place for each link? Leave this unclear, and players can exit freely anytime without penalty.

I am still drumming up supporters for the Invasion Event, theres been almost no decisions made so now is the time to get in on the ground floor. How this is handled will likely have a strong impact on the future of this, being the first of its kind.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152928.msg6502680#msg6502680
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:16:55 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »

Well, so much for getting home on time. GBB, I'll write up your turn up now.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10