Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

your worst fear, is a plague of

bugs
- 1 (12.5%)
robots
- 1 (12.5%)
monsters(xenomorph, zerglings, cthulu spawn)
- 0 (0%)
energy beings(ghosts, titan ae Drej, quasi physical beings)
- 0 (0%)
disapearances
- 1 (12.5%)
clones
- 0 (0%)
tourists
- 3 (37.5%)
humanoid monsters(vampires, werewolves, mummies, ect.)
- 1 (12.5%)
contagious disease
- 1 (12.5%)
conquering civilization
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Astranomicon  (Read 15392 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Astranomicon
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2015, 10:43:20 pm »

Had an idea, could use feedback.

What if players in different realities that are posting after each other, could interact? Help each other, send over bad stuff to play a trick ect.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 10:47:15 pm »

It would make the seemingly unrelated posts, more relevant.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2015, 05:32:31 am »

-Snip-

For the sake of clarity, why don't you call it "colonization?" That seems a bit more self-explanatory than "send NPCs."
Done!

About the NPCs.

I think its a... and I say this cautiously... a good idea. All I am saying is make sure the game stays about players adventuring and not gods playing with npcs, for its focus. Just don't flood the thread with commands for them.

You'll need to make them as unobtrusive as possible. Do that and you have my blessing.
Well, I meant for it to be just a minor thing going on in the background, with a description of growth and current status when a player gets nearby, rather than a main attraction. Just something to give players access to small amounts of resources they might not have had or found - a colony into the Wastelands would offer magically-charged bits of creatures from the hunting parties, for example. I probably could of phrased that better, though.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:13 am »

The NPCs could be unobtrusive also by having certain behavior patterns they automatically do. Or if most of the announcements regarding them is kept here.

If I may revisit my idea I last posted regarding a different subject(perhaps): cross play between realities.
Perhaps players both in combat enabled realities could use potions on each other? Or summon monsters to make them have a harder time? But they have to buy these potions and summons, and both realities have to sign up to enable them.

Actually maybe this does relate to your idea. What if NPCs follow somone if they are chasing him or allies... into another reality? :)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2015, 10:43:02 am »

Raffle Volunteer Go List
(your name here)

Copy the above and add your name to be put on the list. In order to balance the powers of the Elder Gods, the raffle that chooses them will be hosted by anyone wishing to do it, first come first serve. This will also give tickets and endeavor completion marks. More info in OP.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:33:35 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2015, 02:21:34 pm »

RAFFLE #2

Participants
GameBoyBlue 3(not counted)
Sl4cker 5
XXXXYYYY 5
Whisperling 1

Note:
To be counted you needed to have a Godly Endeavor Checklist on your page. Also bonus tickets only counted if you noted the last raffle you reset them.
Again, for connections to count, both players must list them. This makes them immediately 100% official.

Today there are 2 prizes! You can win more than once. Suggest more prizes for next time, and consider volunteering to host a raffle by signing the raffle volunteer go list.

Spoiler: BRONZE TOKEN WINNER (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ELDERSHIP WINNER (click to show/hide)

We now have 3 Elder Gods, a full house, so to speak. Upon the next raffle's completion, I will step down as Elder C, so that someone new can take my place.

My new role will be that of Arbiter. I will continue to tend to the OP of both topics, and changes relating to how the raffle and elder gods work must pass through me. And that's it! All future changes will... in regards to those changes that affect everything, will be exclusively in the hand of the Councel of Elder Gods to decide. Honor this responsibility!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:36:28 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 05:04:55 pm »

Oh crud. Tried editing OP on my 3DS and it deleted over half. If anyone has it in another tab still intact and can quote it or email it to me, that would be greatly appreciated!

gameboyblue@gmail

of course :p

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 07:39:13 pm »

undo button?
eh whatever. ima review the rules and try to get creative. though I think I already have ideas for my universe worked out.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2015, 08:08:46 pm »

(universe 13) Dealal
Spoiler: connections- (click to show/hide)
badges-
?? reward for ??

- this universe consist of a verity of areas but the main places are the central city, it is in the center of whisper forest and is cut through by a river.

Central city- fairly generic slightly old style city, no sky skyscrapers but the buildings are still fairly large and made of stone.

Whisper forest- this forest is quite relaxing.

Other locations- ?

starting condition-players that start in this universe appear in central city, players begin with 10 cards of there choosing and/or design (with gm approval) one of witch must be unique.

players should disscus starting cards with the game master via pm

players should include there current cards in a spoiler in every post. along with there states.

style-this universe uses a mix of free play and encounter and discovery. Players can write up an "encounter" with inconsequential entities. But encounters that are more worthwhile (combat, item gaining) is handled By the gm.  (Players can write up there own encounters and pm them to the gm for approval however)

They can also go to certain pre-established places that will behave like discovery or labrininth.

connection condition- card rules must be respected, if the rules say they cant be x it does not matter how strong y is.

-notes-
-just because it does not say no exceptions does not guarantee there are exceptions to it
-I know there are spelling errors just try to deal with it please. I fixed what spellcheck noticed.
-I reserve the right to pull new mechanics out of hammer space at any time 

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:38:37 pm by endlessblaze »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »

^be sure to list the reality #. Will be interesting to see these card mechanics in action!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2015, 01:13:10 pm »

((there are also some things I did not put write down it keep the wall of text from getting worse. I kind of want npcs to respawn but im not sure how to handle that...im hoping this will let me dip my toes into the water of gming))

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2015, 02:21:16 pm »

((there are also some things I did not put write down it keep the wall of text from getting worse. I kind of want npcs to respawn but im not sure how to handle that...im hoping this will let me dip my toes into the water of gming))

They say the general path of any artist, is to start simple then go to complex, but they always return to simple again. Some artists seem to make tons of dollars off of just a few squiggles for example.

This format will be good for new and experienced gms alike.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2015, 02:43:30 pm »

Calling all Gods!

"Crossover: How Can We Expand the Unified Elements?"

I have some ideas, and others have been made, how we can play, and give players the ability to play with the "barriers between realities".

While individual agreements are one way, a very good way, what general connections could there also be, here are some of those ideas, mine and others. Please consider, give feedback, and suggest your own. Let's grow something unique, as this is a unique creation worth exploiting.

1. NPC overflow
When would this apply? How can it be done in a way that enhances the player's unfolding story?
Perhaps if you jump realities in combat, the next god can take over for the Hostile npcs that come to. Should we all have a NPC stealing option set to on or off, with rules for which can or can't go? Should every god identify in some way, if any NPC can be stolen? Perhaps they are all green, or all have a gem in their forehead, or perhaps there is a plague of robots crossing realities this way, and they are the only ones that can(without permission).

2. Adjacent Post Powers
Normally, a player will see a lot off posts that are not relevant to them mixed in with the ones that are. But what if they were?
What if a badge gave you the power to stun a plague enemy briefly in another reality(that a god or player, just updated. I'm not sure which would be better, probably god, so the player can then react to the new advantage). Or if you had a lot of badges, you could actually bring someone into your reality, or swap places with them. perhaps there are "legendary items" that do this, that are literally one of a kind.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »

I think npc flow should be based on the connections and npcs themselves....

now badges granting powers...I could roll with that. not all badges need have such a power though...

and can you add my verse to the op?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:52:59 pm by endlessblaze »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2015, 03:49:49 pm »

Personally, I think the badges thing is really overstepping boundaries. I wouldn't be opposed to making badges give some bonus, but I would prefer something along the lines of what XXXXYYYY has going in reality 11- powers that are good, but at the same time, don't take power away from the GM, and don't infringe upon the rights of players who want to do their own thing.

Making badges have some universal, cross-reality effect might be good, but gods should have complete power over their own reality, and players shouldn't be able to annoy each other from the other side of the universe. Maybe, once a player has a badge from any one reality, they can travel back regardless of connections?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10