Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

your worst fear, is a plague of

bugs
- 1 (12.5%)
robots
- 1 (12.5%)
monsters(xenomorph, zerglings, cthulu spawn)
- 0 (0%)
energy beings(ghosts, titan ae Drej, quasi physical beings)
- 0 (0%)
disapearances
- 1 (12.5%)
clones
- 0 (0%)
tourists
- 3 (37.5%)
humanoid monsters(vampires, werewolves, mummies, ect.)
- 1 (12.5%)
contagious disease
- 1 (12.5%)
conquering civilization
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Astranomicon  (Read 15401 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Reality: THE DIMENSIONAL ATLAS and the Elder Gods
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 02:44:17 pm »

@Whisperling

I'm gunna mark your reality down as Discovery, W. Assuming that you will be telling them what they are seeing, and where they can go. Correct me if I am not correct. :)

@Anyone wanting to connect to 1

I have to so no, unless your reality explicitly has rules preventing large battles and warfare. This does not apply to whom you yourself choose to connect to...

@Everyone making connections

Be sure to list your successful connections on your reality's info page to make it official!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:19:42 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 03:05:31 pm »

Proposition!

Badges!!

This can be a fun thing for adventurers and explorers to collect. I have created the "Dewleaf Badge" for my reality. I could post a high score for most badges collected in the other thread, with participating realities making a challenge of some kind to collect them. Anyway this is not a requirement, just thought it might be fun, and something to attract adventurers!

Edit: Actually, I will go ahead and make this a godly endevour. It is still optional, but doing so will increase your raffle chances.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:31:17 pm by GameBoyBlue »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »

The currency in The Battlefield will be souls. One of them won't be like a full actual soul, it's like Dark Souls where it's probably in measures of rat souls or something because even the weakest enemies give multiple. I'll try to establish a scal for values as it goes, but I think I want to keep ten souls as a meaningful amount, and probably never go above 1,000 in one enemy. Also of course since everything just comes back to life you're not going to be taking their actual souls, just the souls they had from other sources, and maybe part of their soul.

EDIT: I might allow souls to be used in other realities, but I think I'd prefer for them to be asked about on an individual basis so I can make sure they're being used well, and also because there might be some confusing lore stuff that happens and it's important to me that that stays consistent.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:42:17 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

@Whisperling
I'm gunna mark your reality down as Discovery, W. Assuming that you will be telling them what they are seeing, and where they can go. Correct me if I am not correct. :)

I'm not going to be defining what actions they can and cannot take, if that's what you mean. What I meant by "discovery" is that exploration will be a big theme. If that's taking the word too literally, I'll change it.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »

As a player, I would like to enter the Shimmering Wastelands.
Granted. Welcome to the Wastes. Describe your starting equipment in the other thread and I'll bring you in.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Astronomicon
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 09:30:31 pm »

@vjmdhzgr

Ok vjmdhzgr, I will list souls as a currency on the op, and say what you said, that you are the arbitor of this exclusive currency, and they must talk to you in order to incorporate it.

Can they[players] take it out of your reality? Can it be destroyed? Can they trade it with other players anywhere? Are you keeping track of how much they have or do the players do it and are there any other small details regarding this currency you wish to state? Thanks.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Astranomicon
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:53 pm »

Can the dreamscape take from daydreams as well? Or would that be to op?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 11:44:22 pm »

@Whisperling

I'm not going to be defining what actions they can and cannot take, if that's what you mean. What I meant by "discovery" is that exploration will be a big theme. If that's taking the word too literally, I'll change it.

So a player makes up the discoveries themselves? But you control NPCs they create? Or you suddenly appear and tell them they found an NPC or special discovery? Just need to be clear what the players job is in creating their experience. Ok Ill put 12 down for Encounter W.

To that note, I'd like to ask everyone to add a "starting area" section to your reality, and describe what it is they can do without your confirmation or help, and ... not.

I created my Dew Badge . It's 40x40. Let's keep them within that size.

Unless anyone wants to suggest why a different size would be better(like for sigs or something *shrug*)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Astronomicon
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »

@vjmdhzgr

Ok vjmdhzgr, I will list souls as a currency on the op, and say what you said, that you are the arbitor of this exclusive currency, and they must talk to you in order to incorporate it.

Can they[players] take it out of your reality? Can it be destroyed? Can they trade it with other players anywhere? Are you keeping track of how much they have or do the players do it and are there any other small details regarding this currency you wish to state? Thanks.
It could be taken out of my reality, would only be destroyed if killed in a dimension in which souls are used, but without any place for them to go. Even then it would only be half of the souls that you had, as I'm not sure if I said it, but you'd lose half when you die. So normally they'd go to the thing that killed you, but if the thing that killed you is incapable of containing them, then it goes to the nearest thing that can, but if there's nothing nearby that can then they, go into the reality I guess, close to destroyed. Players could only trade souls with things that can take them out of them, like the god of the realm you're in, or maybe someone is given the ability in some way. Also potentially by letting somebody else kill you, though that could get complicated. I will also be attempting to keep track of it though other people may as well.

As for my starting area, it's just a mostly safe area somewhere in The Battlefield without any nearby opponents that would be too much stronger than them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 05:48:16 pm »

So a player makes up the discoveries themselves? But you control NPCs they create? Or you suddenly appear and tell them they found an NPC or special discovery? Just need to be clear what the players job is in creating their experience. Ok Ill put 12 down for Encounter W.

To that note, I'd like to ask everyone to add a "starting area" section to your reality, and describe what it is they can do without your confirmation or help, and ... not.

I'll be running things exactly like a normal forum game, which is to say, I'll create both the setting and the encounters, plus tell the players the outcomes of their actions. Players are not required to adhere to set courses of action, and may choose to attempt whatever they like.

Is it at all possible to go with a random, or semi-random starting area? It's not a big deal if I can't have one, but the lack of an obvious starting point would add to the sense of chaos I'm going for.

Can the dreamscape take from daydreams as well? Or would that be to op?

The Dreamscape draws directly from visitors' unconscious minds, in the same way that dreams do. While the end result is the same, you don't actually have to do any dreaming in order to be used as source material.

That isn't to say that dreams, or possibly even daydreams, don't have an effect. I will ask you to describe your character's dreams every night you remain in the dreamscape. They are much more important than you would expect, and they will get used.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:07:22 pm by Whisperling »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »

@vjmdhzgr

it sounds like you are still ironing it out. How about you think it over a bit more, currently I have what is written below, which is a little complicated. When you get it where want let me know.

SOULS
Permission: Submit a request to vjmdhzgr for approval of your intended use.
1. Scarcity
In general common enemies drop many (1~10?) and only the most rare and difficult drop hundreds or even capping at 1000.
2. Recording
A. Players track their own Soul quantity(???). (or the gods, or just you watch over how many each player has?)
B. Upon death, a player loses half. The next soul monster they kill will give them back what they lost.(good enough?)

@Whisperling

You control the setting and the encounters? That's discovery.

Starting Area: When you arrive you will get further details.

(good?)

@All

Note, for your connections to be counted, both gods must list it on their page.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:09:09 pm by GameBoyBlue »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 06:14:09 pm »

so a bit of clarity on connections. if I were to say, create a world wer people tend to summon things from cards ((think yu-gi-oh, but the monsters are real and everyone can call the forth)) would connected realties have a tendancy to have these come over?

so if I. unable to be in that world as a player, still get the cards by getting them from an npc that can go there? could inter-universal trade become a common method of obtaining things?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 06:26:26 pm »

so a bit of clarity on connections. if I were to say, create a world wer people tend to summon things from cards ((think yu-gi-oh, but the monsters are real and everyone can call the forth)) would connected realties have a tendancy to have these come over?

so if I. unable to be in that world as a player, still get the cards by getting them from an npc that can go there? could inter-universal trade become a common method of obtaining things?
Well, the idea behind mine was to be a source of valuable materials for other realities, so I hope inter-world trade is allowed.

Anyway, I have not one, but two badges for my land, if that's alright.
The Wanderer's Badge:

The Diplomat's Badge:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:06:26 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 01:13:03 am »

As stated in OP, you are encouraged to make agreements, not just connections but any kind of trading or mechanics that excite you(even if i didn't understand your example, not that I need to if it makes sense to you.)

You can have 2 badges, or more, but pick one to be the main badge.

Edit: Wow, great badges, I love all this effort you guys are putting into these :3!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 01:16:12 am by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2015, 03:45:46 am »

Alright, if you want to be a part of "raffle #2", add a check box thing like this to your bubble's page!

[✓][_][_][✓][_] Bonus(as of #1) [_][_]

(thanks, this makes this WAAY easier)

Total Entrees so far: 1
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:33:36 pm by GameBoyBlue »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10