Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: (SG) The Broken Prison (an exercise in mindless violence)  (Read 5257 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) The Broken Prison
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »

Sneak out through the back door, rip off a pair of arms from some hobo and then throw them at the cops before unloading on them with a shotgun.
yes
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »

Sneak out through the back door, rip off a pair of arms from some hobo and then throw them at the cops before unloading on them with a shotgun.
yes

You start loading the shotgun as you walk through the store. There's an office in the back with a back door. While the man on the megaphone out front continues protesting, you find the back door and pop it open. "FREEZE!"

Someone shines a light in your face, but your sunglasses protect you. Three police cars neatly cut off an avenue of easy escape. They're crouching behind cover and aiming at you. Another megaphone holder tells you slowly and clearly to "DROP YOUR GUN AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP."

Eh. You'll pass. Instead, you raise the shotgun up at them and catch about six rounds through the center mass. You shrug it off and kill one of the officers, take a barrage of full automatic fire, and down a few more. The injuries aren't enough to slow you down, and you advance on them slowly while picking them off. Brass flies. One of the officers pops the trunk of their car open and pulls out a shotgun, even gets a blast in on you. It stings a little, but you still don't hesitate in killing him. More police. They die. It gets a little blurry in the violent trance, but you work your way through the local forces. A helicopter flies overhead, shining a spotlight on you. Your car is gone, so you grab a police car and drive off with it, but you are sideswiped by the reinforcements and forced off the road.

Emerging from the car, you are given another chance to surrender in the face of what appears to be a SWAT team pouring from a van and the combined forces of at least another five squad cars. Surrendering isn't really your style, though, so you empty out your shotgun. Unfortunately, the SWAT open up in a deafening volley of gunfire, and it rips into your host with rather vicious effect. You feel yourself weakening. You take another shot with the shotgun, but it's empty. This won't do at all. The host might die.

You change.

Your stature rises, onyx horns and a long, prehensile tail curl behind you, red scaled skin hardens and expands, your mouth becomes a cavern of fire, huge wings stretching out. The men before you hold their ground for a moment, maybe two, before turning in terror and fleeing, or sinking to their knees in awe. Your claws disembowel them with efficient flicks, a kick sends a car flying at one of the fleeing men. It takes only an instant to rip the SWAT van apart and you send each half in opposite directions. Then, from one of the two helicopters circling overhead, sniper shots bounce harmlessly across your armored hide. You lead into the air, rising a dozen stories in a single bound, and crash down the helicopter. It plummets to the ground and explodes into a fireball. You emerge from the cloud of smoke and flame covered in burning fuel and survey the wreckage. Nothing. The street is filled with the sound of crackling flames, and little else.

Well, that could have gone better. Apparently humankind has their act a little more together since you've been gone. You changed back, walk back to where you first assumed your true form, kneel, and grab your sunglasses.

What are you gonna do now?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:17:20 pm »

Grab a gun and dive in to the sewers, we can eat down there get our strength back.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 01:22:31 pm »

Grab a gun and dive in to the sewers, we can eat down there get our strength back.

You didn't really lose any strength. Healing the host injuries was recouped by the essence collected off the slain.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 02:12:06 pm »

To the police station!

Lets get some swat gear and drive back with a swat car. We'll pretend were one of the humies and park inside the station. Then we start the show by shooting everyone and killing their leader: The Chief of Police. With him dead the humies we'll begin anarchy in the street and the world will be as we once knew it.  ;D

Nunzillor

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 02:12:55 pm »

"Cool." Apply sunglasses to face.

Do we have any... goals?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 03:32:54 pm »

"Cool." Apply sunglasses to face.

Do we have any... goals?

Primarily, violence. Find things to help yourself remember why you were imprisoned. The destruction of creation, or to be revered as a god.

To the police station!

Lets get some swat gear and drive back with a swat car. We'll pretend were one of the humies and park inside the station. Then we start the show by shooting everyone and killing their leader: The Chief of Police. With him dead the humies we'll begin anarchy in the street and the world will be as we once knew it.  ;D

Putting your sunglasses back on, you scavenge a uniform off the dead and put it on. They actually injured you. Now you have a target. You'll find their king, and kill him. The uniform is a little bit of a mess, but then a smidgen of gore only helps make the disguise seem more real. You get into one of the police cars and drive it away as the second wave of SWAT arrives in what appear to be armored cars of some sort. However, they overlook you, and you slip past. There's a lot of police traffic, and a couple more helicopters coming towards your end of the city towards the massacre grounds. Chatter on the radio is frantic, confused, tense and short. There's a GPS, so you type in "Police headquarters" and start following the instructions.

In front of the police station, there's surprisingly little police presence. The high, concrete and glass fronted building is lit by bright fluorescent lights, tiled with fake marble of some sort, and has only a single receptionist waiting out front in a glass booth. He sees you staggering in, faking injuries, and rushes to get someone certified in first aid. You reach the counter. The receptionist and another man holding a first aid kit come out and you grab them by the throats and snap their necks. (+8) The hallways are a little confusing, there are doors that lead to rooms you can't discern the purpose of, and there's almost nobody here. You go up a flight of stairs, down a hallway and locate some sort of meeting hall. There are several older men in ceremonial uniforms of some sort talking in hushed tones with technicians.

You stagger in and the man in charge stares at you. "What the hell-

Hell. That's what the Void is called, what the Prison was called. Human mythology didn't exactly frame the Prison correctly, conflated it with the void, but they had an inkling. They knew, somehow, that those who turned from the Creator, the Legion, they knew that a terrible punishment had been enacted. They knew the Legion was sealed beneath the earth, and it manifested in the myths and legends of Human culture. Some of the more fortunate Legionaries had been spirited out of the Prison by Human mystics, but you were never one of them. You remember some of the minds near to you slipping away, but it was never enough to stir you from sleep. Now you wonder where your fellow Legionaries are...

-happened to you?" the chief of police asks.

"Oh, this? This is nothing."

"Chief" one of the technicians says, pointing at you white faced. "It's her." The chief and a few others reach for their guns, but you're already halfway across the room.

A few minutes later, everyone in the building is dead. (+32) What will you do now?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 03:42:05 pm »

Set fire to the whole building and release all prisoners. Then take the Chiefs body and lay it down outside. Slip away into a sewer to avoid being caught again.

With the Chief dead and prisoners running wild we should be able to come out at night every now and again for a snack.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 03:47:31 pm »

Set fire to the whole building and release all prisoners. Then take the Chiefs body and lay it down outside. Slip away into a sewer to avoid being caught again.

With the Chief dead and prisoners running wild we should be able to come out at night every now and again for a snack.

They don't actually keep the prisoners here, that's in another building somewhere nearby. Unless you want to expend some essence, it'll be difficult to burn the place down.

However, dragging the chief of police out of the office, down the stairs (his feet drumming against the steps), across the lobby, out the front doors and then impaling him on the flagpole in front of the building is no problem at all.

Now, what next?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »

Snatch all the sweet gear and dual wield assault rifles, wear a bulletproof vest and then seek the lord of this shithole town.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 03:59:30 pm »

Snatch all the sweet gear and dual wield assault rifles, wear a bulletproof vest and then seek the lord of this shithole town.

Get in a new police car and use the GPS thingy to find "City hall".

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 04:03:45 pm »

ptw
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 05:04:17 pm »

Hm. Let me try. When City Hall is found, ram through the doors with the car and fill everyone in the lobby with lead rhythm.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 05:32:08 pm »

When we arrive at city hall, proclaim ourselves as a god.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »

When we arrive at city hall, proclaim ourselves as a god.

We must first learn more about this world and collect clues about how the world has changed since we were amongst them.

Plus it'd be too quick.

Hm. Let me try. When City Hall is found, ram through the doors with the car and fill everyone in the lobby with lead rhythm.

Before doing so ask for their boss aka the 'Mayor'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4