Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: (SG) The Broken Prison (an exercise in mindless violence)  (Read 5247 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) The Broken Prison
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 03:55:35 am »

Before doing so ask for their boss aka the 'Mayor'.
If they refuse, say the following.

I'll be back.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Nunzillor

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 03:14:12 am »

Hm. Let me try. When City Hall is found, ram through the doors with the car and fill everyone in the lobby with lead rhythm.
+1

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 04:14:29 am »

Could our host possibly have control over his mind? Or did we just kill him while stealing his body?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

Snatch all the sweet gear and dual wield assault rifles, wear a bulletproof vest and then seek the lord of this shithole town.

Get in a new police car and use the GPS thingy to find "City hall".

You change cars, finding a spare cruiser in the lot. After packing the supplies you want into it, you use the GPS to find City Hall easily enough, and you start driving out to it. It's actually pretty close.

Hm. Let me try. When City Hall is found, ram through the doors with the car and fill everyone in the lobby with lead rhythm.
+1

City hall is a three story, sort of ugly modern thing with an arched double-door entrance at odds with the brutal-brushed concrete finish architecture the building displays. There's a sign that declares this building a combination of a courthouse and city hall. Normally it would be closed, as it's the middle of the night, but the crisis across town you started has necessitated the arrival of some sort of crisis management team. There's a pair of tense looking security guards at the front door, and people rushing in and out of the building.

You rev the engine.

Using a little essence (-10) to give the police cruiser an extra oomph, you slam on the gas and hurtle forward. The security guards panic and dive to the sides as the car soars up the stairs and blows the front doors off their hinges. The doors fall to the floor and crack the marble tile, and the police cruiser glides forward and smashes into a statue of an angel holding a pair of scales. The statue topples over but the cruiser also is halted, smoke pouring out of the hood. You climb out of the car, as several people rush towards you. There's a crowd of functionaries and clerks, all staring. They back up when they notice you're holding an assault rifle in each hand. Then you start spraying down the room.

The first group of unfortunates in your way get mowed down before they even realize what's going on - again, the people who were going to try and help you, which sort of seems to be your signature style. After that, everyone starts screaming and running, and you empty the clips of both rifles pretty rapidly. A security guard from the entrance takes cover around the door frame and starts shooting at you, but he's of no real importance. You pop the trunk of the cruiser open and take out the shotgun, and empty that into the guard behind the doorframe, the counters that some of the crowd are taking cover behind, and also the fire extinguisher for looking at you the wrong way.

Once you are out of ammunition, the only sounds are people sobbing or groaning and the police cruiser's engine whining. You stride over to one of the injured, a young man squirming and clutching at the bullet hole in his stomach, and pick him up by the throat and hold him up.

"Where's the mayor?" you demand. "Tell me, or I'll disembowel you."

"Uch, hyerck...Theeh, theh mayorsh dead. You sshot him." he sputters, pointing to one of the corpses.

"Oh. Whoops." you drop him and look around the room. "Okay, who's in charge if the mayor is dead."

Nobody says anything, so you reach down, grab the man again, hold him up for everyone to see and crush his skull. "Okay, gonna ask again. Anybody?"

Someone very timidly steps out from behind the counters, points at another corpse, crouches behind the counter as you sigh wearily. "Okay, great, WHO IS IN CHARGE THAT IS STILL ALIVE!?"

From the back, someone wails. "We don't know!"

What now? >_

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) The Broken Prison (an exercise in mindless violence)
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 10:03:13 am »

Leave this place.
Kill everyone first. You know.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 10:39:36 am »

Set fire to what's left. Then go into the sewers. They'll never find us their.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 11:47:36 am »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2015, 04:29:49 pm »

Next stop: State government. I say we try to find some reps or senators.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 07:55:23 pm »

+1

Burning off the excess essence that you gained from the slaughter, you spray flame in an aura around yourself, lighting the building up. Flames leap onto the walls and people, and the building rapidly descends into a pyroclastic nightmare. City hall collapses into a fireball as you walk out.

After you're done here, you decide it's time for a rest, so you go over to a manhole and kick it open. The unpleasant smells of sanitation waft up, but it'll be no trouble with some small adjustments to the host. You twist, shudder and warp into a slightly crouched and condensed variation of your host body and drop down into the sewers.

The sewers are not extensive - most of the pipes are not large enough to admit a human sized creature, so you slowly change from a human shape to more of a slightly simian looking python. It's relatively quiet down here - some traffic from emergency services up above, but mostly unimportant.

While you are exploring the sewers, you find a large earthen chamber. Some sort of natural cave. It's large, and only connected to the sewer by a few narrow cracks in the stone. It's featureless, and seems like a good den to rest in. While you are examining it, a mist seeps into the room and coalesces into the form of a man, gaunt and hollow eyed. When he speaks, he does so in the language of the Legion. His language is excessively flowery, and that means he's likely of some sort of disease spreading Legion.

"Hail and well met, brethren! Righteous is your fury, great is the display of your power! I am Kirimulix, Architect of the swamp and banner-carrier of the Pestilential Legion. Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?"

What is your name? >_

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »

"Well met Kirimulix. I am Karmaxio's of the War legion. Tell me brother why has this world changed so much despite it feeling so similar.

Man thinks themself in control of the world and seems to not even recognize the Legions. How distasteful to be honest."

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 08:14:04 pm »

Our name? Call me . . . Big Boss.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 08:54:59 am »

"Well met Kirimulix. I am Karmaxio's of the War legion. Tell me brother why has this world changed so much despite it feeling so similar.

Man thinks themself in control of the world and seems to not even recognize the Legions. How distasteful to be honest."
+1.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 02:07:57 pm »

+1.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Nunzillor

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 02:08:39 pm »

+1.
+1
+1

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2015, 07:31:47 pm »

You twist and shudder back into your host's original shape, brush your hair out of your eyes and smirk at the hollow-eyed form of Kirimulix – a Defiler, weak, compromising, corrupting when he should be destroying. Wipe the slate clean.

You gain a memory fragment.

Banner carrier. Kirimulix once led a legion. Thousands of the legionaries, weapons held high, holding their own against the Heavenly Host. What is this memory? What is it?

“Karmarxio. The Legion of Endless War.” you tell him. “Why...why has the world changed so much? What happened? I feel no holy presence. How have things changed so much...? Was Mankind abandoned to rule this world? Why do they not recognize us?”

Kirimulix shrugs.

“I barely remember what happened myself. When the prison broke, I was hurled thru the lower planes and had to find a host to sustain myself. My essence was siphoning off. I imagine the Legion has spread throughout the world, free of our punishment, to wreak vengeance on Creation. But the memories...”

You nod. What he says mostly makes sense; he was freed at the same time you were, and like him, you barely remember why. The Prison had dulled your perceptions; a sensory deprivation chamber. Nothing left for you in the Prison except your thoughts – a black ball of hatred and insanity.

“Of course. If the Prison is broken, does this mean the Creator's power has failed? Was there not enough essence to sustain it?”

“Your guess is as good as mine, I suspect. But I have found no holy ground. The essence in this place is faint; unless we are careful, we won't be able to sustain ourselves. Even now, I can feel my essence beginning to slip away.”

Kirimulix peers at you curiously.

“I wonder,” he says “Your rampage must have consumed much essence, yet you still stand as powerful as when you first materialized. How do you keep your form together?”

Now it's your turn to shrug.

“I don't worry about that. My first impulse was to satisfy my desire for violent revenge. Perhaps the sacrifice of these humans was enough to seal me in.”

Kirimulix's expression grows more sinister.

“I wonder – if I devour you, will I gain your power for my own?”

Blades spring forward from his arms, a long snaking tail sprouts from his back, curled horns and fins, odd flippers and a pestilential cloud spring from his body as he assumes his true form. But he made the mistake of tipping his hand early, and you assume your true form as well. Onyx horns, red scales, wings of the dragon and talons to match. Though Kirimulix is cunning, he is no match for you. One swipe leaves him injured, another sends him into the cavern wall, where he snarls at you. Rocks fall from the ceiling, but you close in and deliver a killing blow. As his essence begins to dissipate, you absorb everything that he is; you gain his essence, you gain his powers, you gain his memories.

You gain a memory fragment.

The gates of Araboth were never closed. Always open, they welcomed the Legionaries to return and face the Creator's judgment. Though the Archdukes razed the gates seven times, each time it was rebuilt exactly as it was. Few crossed its threshold.

Once you have finished absorbing him, you return to your host form and try to remember more. When you were trapped in the prison, you decided on some sort of goal if you ever gained freedom. But what was it?

1. Find the Creator, and reconcile with it. This seems unlikely.
2. Find the Creator and destroy it.
3a. Find and consume other demons like yourself to grow all-powerful.
3b. Find and ally with other demons like yourself to create a new legion.
4. Find the High King, the ruler of all legions, and serve him.
5. Find the High King, the ruler of all legions, and destroy him.
6. Kill things for fun.

- - -

Eventually I'll update the OP with the memory fragments as you gradually put together how the fall happened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4