Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 30177 times)

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D1: Believing Drunken Rants
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2015, 06:50:24 am »

DoctorDynamo: (a.k.a. Ddynamo)  Hello, and welcome to the game~! :3 Any ideas about who might be scum? Does that list include anyone you think is scum?
Have we met before? How did you know the extended version of my username? Nevermind, I just looked back at the first post I've ever made, I said it there. (Sigh) I was such an idiot back then, coupled with the overuse of the word " bloomin' "  I don't even know why I used it.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regardless, on the subject of the game, Tntey, Griffionday, NJW2000, Moonlit, Roo, and NJW2000, all of you answer this question: Why shouldn't I vote for you?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2015, 07:08:57 am »

Because I have done nothing truly scummy that a noob wouldn't do.

True, my first post was badly worded in a way that would make me appear scum. Judge that for yourself.

True, I tunnelled Frostmoon a lot. She was the only person I could get a good read on, and especially the only town read.

True, when Moonlit voted me, I became suspiscious of him. This was because his vote was not a threat. In fact, his earlier actions had devalued the threat further. He seemed to be doing something odd, which made me look through his posts. This lead to some confusion, involving me not understanding his play, after which I thought he was scum, as he seemed to buddy Frostmoon. This was actually not particularly scummy behaviour, as far as I can see, as a scum would have kept their cool.

Also, seeing as I have been tunneling one person quite a bit (Frostmoon, I took back what I said about Moonlit), won't you get more info out of a nightkill (or not) on me than a lynch? This one's more of a question, in fact,

ICs: what sort of info might one get from a nightkill that one couldn't get from a lynch of a tunneller? I would like to know.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2015, 07:23:13 am »

Oh, just seen that: EBWOP, I somehow got confused and meant to say that she was the only mafia read, or that the others were only town reads, I forget which. I do think she's scum.

Yet another mistake.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:06 am »

Ddynamo: May I ask why you are voting Filipk without pressuring him? Or encouraging others to push a vote? The filipk trail seems to have gone cold, due to you two not really pressuring him, and him disappearing.
Ninja'd
Well, let's see. Why would you vote for me? Merely to push a vote? Or do you actually have suspicions on any of us? I mean, from this question, it seems you're not sure who to vote, or have already decided (ok that was a pretty stupid phrase. You have to be either decided, or undecided, after all), and are gathering some info to see if what you have matches up with our answers. Also, think you replaced Frostmoon with NJW2000. He's there twice.
I haven't voted for anyone?

Oh, did the person I replaced do that vote, by any chance? unvote.
I didn't even know that was there. I have no good reason to vote for anyone yet.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:51 am »

tntey: What's so scummy about random voting? You're clearly scum, so why aren't you doing it?

(note: yes, that's a random vote.)
I found where he voted.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:25 am »

Anyone who's playedwith roo before: are short, confusion inducing, weird posts a roo thing? I know he gets lynched D1 a bit more than others from what I've read, is this partially why?
Yes and Yes.

Still working on a post, but have been taking a lot of long breaks.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2015, 12:34:51 pm »

All these folks thinking thisnis an episode of law and order. I don't need a long post to catch scum.  It's day one anyways all everyone is doing is taking an educated guess and filling it with as much bs as humanely possible to get their target lynched. My vote for filipk is essentially random. I thought I could get something out of him and I did. I didn't like his response so my vote stayed on. I will find the scum in the end if a few townies die that's fine.

(griff has become less awesome)
(moonlit is still as awesome)
(new guy hasn't said anything interesting or useful)
Or not it's cool.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2015, 12:46:02 pm »

-snip, useless stuff except for the obvious contradiction with an earlier statement-

What!!! I am hurt!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2015, 12:51:14 pm »

-snip, useless stuff except for the obvious contradiction with an earlier statement-

What!!! I am hurt!

how butt hurt are you dog?
Or not it's cool.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2015, 12:55:37 pm »

Feh, I don't know why you are trying to buddy me, but it won't make me think you less suspicious!!!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »

Feh, I don't know why you are trying to buddy me, but it won't make me think you less suspicious!!!

Being way to sensitive and attempting to passive aggresively get a rise out of me isn't gonna help you catch scum kid. As a way of being less difficult and bringing back the focus to where it should be I'll be friendly from now on and tiptoe around your feelings of greatness and allow the analytical mod here to focus on filipk.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2015, 01:05:52 pm »

mod fix quote tags pls ty
Or not it's cool.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2015, 01:21:27 pm »

Being way to sensitive and attempting to passive aggresively get a rise out of me isn't gonna help you catch scum kid. As a way of being less difficult and bringing back the focus to where it should be I'll be friendly from now on and tiptoe around your feelings of greatness and allow the analytical mod here to focus on filipk.
shrugs
I felt it was obvious that both my previous comments were in jest, as I was fairly sure yours were as well.  Your feelings that I need to be protected from figuring out how not great I am are, I assure you, misplaced.

Why do you want Jack A T focusing on fillipk anyway?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2015, 01:25:03 pm »

awkward. mob* english is hard.
Or not it's cool.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2015, 04:00:00 pm »

(new guy hasn't said anything interesting or useful)
Why didn't you answer my question, Roo? Why shouldn't I vote for you?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18