Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 30236 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:49 pm »

Kilakan has requested a replacement!

Argh.  Time to look for a replacement IC.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (IC Replacement Needed)
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2015, 12:16:49 am »

No I don't think both IC's are scum but I haven't gotten a read on persus13 yet so I can't say.

Griffionday if you had to pick one person to be scum right now who would it be and why?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2015, 12:36:31 am »

Frostmoon:

It is good to finally have you back!

I get that you feel like fillipk's scum partner question was irrelevant (and you're right, it's not exactly the most important question), but a question is far better than nothing. Heck, even RVS, as horrid as it may be, is still better than nothing.
My point, was that he had a great deal of options which were quite a bit better than a blah question that took the pressure off of everyone.

Because they are an IC, obviously.
Nope, entirely premeditated.
That was sarcasm, right?
Completely serious, no sarcasm.  I've been thinking about various gambits for a few days, and this was one I wanted to try out.  The vote was primarily a means of gathering information, and seeing how everyone reacted to it.  At it's very heart, it is a simple, absurd action; it is entirely against what is considered standard good play.  As I mentioned to you here, I am trying to not be bullish and dog after every little suspicion, but play more by intuition.  And so I need to make as many waves as possible: if I voted a non-IC then people might just glaze over it, but by dropping my vote on an IC more people would take notice and hopefully react.  Then Moonlit voted for Kilakan and made all that planning moot in the best possible way.  His vote was comparable to a work of modern performance art, forcing everyone to react to the beautiful absurdity of it.

Your reactions in particular were interesting to me. You seemed confused certainly, but I didn't feel like it shook your views of either of us.  Your questions seemed to take away from the absurdity of it, and downplay things rather than try to genuinely get more information about us from your questions. Which made you feel like you already knew more about what was happening there than you should have if you only knew that you were town.

Also, your comments seemed to be more concerned with getting approval of your views, rather than actually developing them. For example:
Moonlit: Huh. So you had practically no reason to vote for kilakan, in other words. Why go for a target someone else had already voted for?

NJW2000: You see, if Moonlit is scum, than the more answers--however dumb they may be--mean the more content to go off of if he's lynched, and the more content means the more ways to see if we could catch his scum buddy. Heck, even if he's town, his past content may still be useful. However, if you think he's so scummy, why aren't you voting him, NJW2000? The reason why I'm not voting Moonlit is mainly because of my previous game, in which the people who flailed the hardest were, in fact, town.

Anyone, but especially the ICs: What do you think of Moonlit's play so far? Do newbs of various alignments tend to flail like this?
This may be a bit nit-picky but you are trying to downplay his action as "flailing" when he seems quite confident and decidedly un-flaily in his casual dismissal of pressure from fillipk here. And you refuse to place down your vote in spite of the fact that you claim he's scummy? It really feels to me you know he's a town and are hesitant to go after him for play that seems weird and absurd, as you know that he is town and you are trying to gauge our reactions to you giving him a pass on his behavior.  Later when NJW2000 calls you out on this, you claim that you were getting "a bit of a noob town" read on him which seems to contradict your earlier statements about how him being town was an outside chance (implied by your "heck, even if he's town..." in the above quote).

Also, it's a very small thing, but it bothers me that your phrase here:
I'm pursing Moonlit because first of all, his "bandwagon" RVS vote was so far the most notable thing to happen in this game.
was pretty much verbatim my response to Moonlit here:
That it is, yet your question is still the most notable thing to happen in this game.

And so you may have my vote Frostmoon

Uh, Everyone, what exactly does a scum IC do?
...huh. I...think this is what's called a "townslip". I...huh. (That, or NQT's inactive in the scum chat. I guess that's possible, too.)
He wasn't, but you already knew that.

fillipk
You kinda ninja'd me... I am going to assume I answered your question.

Btw, you missed this part of her question:
What were you trying to get from that question?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (IC Replacement Needed)
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2015, 01:11:41 am »

Yes yes you did,

@Frostmoon: well let's see I was trying to get how each person says they would act when on a scum team with either an IC or a newb and it worked, plus no one really worried about the question, unless they didn't answer it after a little bit, honestly I'm just gathering information that anyone could later use to find scum. i asked it then because I didn't think moon was maf for meta reasons, they did it in the other game.

Everyone what is your typical scum hunting strategy and what do you think never works. 

Personally I like asking questions of all types, still working on asking the right question at the right time though.  At some point, I think pressure voting stops working super well unless you have evidence and inconsistencies, hence my questions.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2015, 05:44:21 am »

Hmm, yeah I guess that is what a scum would say.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2015, 09:51:51 am »

fillipk
Do you want to explain why no one worrying about your questions is at all a good thing as a town member, and doesn't paint you as scum?

tntey
I am assuming you were claiming a power role, and not claiming a mafia role.  What role, and how will you use it?

Moonlit Shadow
A general word of advice, please quote or link the stuff you are responding to. No one's going to keep track of the early question you got asked and never got around to answering.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2015, 10:01:25 am »

fillipk
Do you want to explain why no one worrying about your questions is at all a good thing as a town member, and doesn't paint you as scum?

tntey
I am assuming you were claiming a power role, and not claiming a mafia role.  What role, and how will you use it?

Moonlit Shadow
A general word of advice, please quote or link the stuff you are responding to. No one's going to keep track of the early question you got asked and never got around to answering.
If people don't worry too much about the questions and answer them they are less likely to lie and it just makes it harder to lie later.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

Partly because Thursdays are my busiest day and partly because I'm not completely sure we've ensured a consensus on a lynch candidate, I'm going to put forward an Extend request. While often conversation tends to die down before a day ends, rending extensions unnecessary, right now it feels warranted.

I believe it is about 9.5 hours until day end as of the time of this post. Jack A T, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2015, 01:45:46 pm »

ICs: why would a scum want an extend? Not FoS, Persus, just want to know.
One wheel short of a wagon

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »

Extend I'm with Persus we don't have a lynch candidate and day 1 no lynches are bad for town. 

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2015, 02:17:55 pm »

I am opposed to an extend as another day of dilly-dallying around really isn't going to give people more cases.  The end of day hustle and bustle on the other hand, should.

Everyone start settling your cases, finalizing your defenses, placing your lynch votes and preparing for the long night.

As a personal request: If you are in a position of being unfairly lynched, as part of your defense please let us know who seems to you the most fishy based on your interactions and observations (if you can details are helpful, if not just saying something like "Griffionday seems to be suspicious" is still helpful); this can be invaluable to us if you are proven to be town by your flip.  Even if we disagree with you, we will know that you were honest.  Thank you in advance!

Persus13
Who do you think that town should lynch tonight, and why?

NJW2000
ICs: why would a scum want an extend? Not FoS, Persus, just want to know.
There are several reasons for wanting an extend: off the top of my head a town (I know, not what you asked for) may want an extend to solidify their own personal reads, give more time to people who are busy, get others to agree with their case on someone.  Likewise a mafia member may want an extend because they feel they've not developed their reads to the point where they can use their vote (mafia can have difficulty developing their reads because it can be difficult to make your reads seem natural and sincere if you are lying about thinking that their actions are suspicious), or they may want to seem townie by seeming concerned about their reads, or they may want more time for the case against them or their partner to grow colder and allow more doubt to settle in people's minds.

fillipk
Have your questions led to anyone being inconsistent yet?  Also, in this post, you switch from focused searching to spamming inane questions that you promise are helpful.  How is this not inconsistent behavior?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »

I am going to lynch moonlight I guess. He did jump on griffin in the beginning
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2015, 03:05:20 pm »

tntey...
I am going to lynch moonlight I guess. He did jump on griffin in the beginning
I advise against this vote as I don't see that action as in any was suspicious; however, if you wish to vote please follow the relevant section in the OP:
Rules
  • Voting - Votes are cast in red and should include the name of the targeted player. Other colors may be ignored. Jack A T, Jack and Jake A T, are all acceptable ways to cast a vote if the target is clear enough.
    • If you want to remove your vote, you may put unvote in red text. You must explicitly state this to remove your vote. You may put the name of the player you are unvoting in red after the unvote, e.g., unvote Jack A T, but it is not required.
    • If the day ends with two or more people having the same number of votes, the day will end with no player being lynched.
    • It is also possible to vote for a no lynch to explicitly end the day without a lynch.

Also, please answer this:
tntey

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2015, 03:19:13 pm »

Monnligh

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

Still on Frostmoon, I have stated my case, which is basically scummy play in the form of advoidance and creation of confusion, and dealing with this in an odd manner.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18