Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 30256 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (9/9)
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2015, 03:47:23 pm »

I would rather have an IC partner.  They answered questions, but they most likely have lives.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

Wait, who's going to end up being lynched, as things stands? I'm confused... Is anyone?
One wheel short of a wagon

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2015, 04:14:01 pm »

fillipk
I honestly just want to see how people respond since the question is relevant to this game, why are you so obsessed with avoiding the question, are you scum partnered with an IC?
sighs
If I were, do you honestly think that my answer would in any way give that away?

Let's see: My answer to your question is that I would rather be playing with a noob, as I like helping others and teaching someone the ropes of the game is fun.
What does this answer tell you about me that is so important that it was worth distancing yourself from all that was going on in the game, and convinced you that you needed to return to RVS?
You are mistaken, this isn't RVS that is over and I'm not going back to it, what I'm doing is getting opinions of everyone on some arbitrary questions, which no one has any reason not to answer, I'm just gathering information on people and then when something seems suspicious I will pursue it more.

@ your other point, what is going on in this game, a conversation between people in which I have contributed, pressuring of a lurker which I don't need to bandwagon on, me asking questions.  I think I'm doing enough that I don't need to jump on whatever you do.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2015, 04:16:39 pm »

Unvote. Tntey you haven't been answering my questions and you have been plenty active, why haven't you been answering them, and if you could ask anyone one question who would it be and what would you ask?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »

Unvote

tntey

It was clear my vote wasn't gonna do anything... sadly.
Why did you switch, you didn't pressure me and you have no reason for switching, so explain why you switched.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »

Sorry. What was the question. Also, keep me alive until tommorow, and I might help you town.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2015, 04:21:14 pm »

Moonlit and tntey:

Here are his current active questions.  Given his post this page (right after Persus) he seems to value the first more than the second:

Quote from: fillipk
so as to that @Everyone would you rather be scum partners with an IC or a newb and why?

I would rather have an IC because they are better and less likely to get caught and therefore more likely to win for me.
I would like everyone to answer this
It is highly amusing that the only non-active people are the ICs though.
You know what that means?!?!!

Seriously what do people think it means, cause personally I just think they have lives

On a more game oriented note Unvote. Griffionday, Tntey you have posted a lot answer my previous question, and this one too.
this
Unvote. Tntey you haven't been answering my questions and you have been plenty active, why haven't you been answering them, and if you could ask anyone one question who would it be and what would you ask?
and both of these

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2015, 04:23:11 pm »

I answered the questions!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2015, 04:24:38 pm »

Where?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2015, 04:25:44 pm »

I would rather have an IC partner.  They answered questions, but they most likely have lives.
Second sentence is to the iC not answering.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2015, 04:32:46 pm »

Okay well answer the other two.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2015, 04:54:41 pm »

My questions have always related to this game, and honestly I've just been seeing who has and hasn't been answering them, everyone has and they have been answering them and giving me a look into how they play and it helps me spot inconsistencies, that is why I have been answering them too so other people can do the same to me.

So moonlit, do you think this is a viable strategy, and if not why?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2015, 08:05:21 pm »

NJW2000:
Wait, who's going to end up being lynched, as things stands? I'm confused... Is anyone?
Typically voting is relatively up in the air until nearer too the day deadline, if at that time there is a tie for who is lynched there would be no lynch, and the people responsible would have some explaining to do.

NJW200
@All, especially ICs Griffionday is the only one voting with a vote on him. What does this vote tell us? There might be a nolynch if he rescinds.
It tells me pretty much nothing. Do you get a sense that it tells you anything?
Sorry about messing up your name in the above. My question still stands, do you think that someone voting while being voted for tells you anything about that player's alignment?

DoctorMcTaalik
Seeing as you have mostly been gone, I've not been able get a read on you. 

Why did you random vote so late in the game (>60 posts), was there nothing suspicious to you in how people were acting? Are you happy with where your vote is or do you plan on moving it before day end?

fillipk
You are mistaken, this isn't RVS that is over and I'm not going back to it, what I'm doing is getting opinions of everyone on some arbitrary questions, which no one has any reason not to answer, I'm just gathering information on people and then when something seems suspicious I will pursue it more.

@ your other point, what is going on in this game, a conversation between people in which I have contributed, pressuring of a lurker which I don't need to bandwagon on, me asking questions.  I think I'm doing enough that I don't need to jump on whatever you do.
To your first point: Fair enough.

To your second: You seem to not understand what I was asking of you.  I don't think you need to or even should jump on whatever I do (unless you find it suspicious and worthy of immediate comment, or feel it will help you generate more information on people); however we had substantive reactions from several people and lots going on. I liked your response here, it was nicely proactive and pressuring on something you found suspicious and seemed very honest to me; however, I felt that here you were letting go of that lead and replacing it with a very weak question rather than looking around for another lead.  Being able to let go of leads you feel aren't helpful at the moment is very important, and tunneling is very dangerous to a town player; however, considering how much was going on I felt there were plenty of other leads that you could have followed rather than what you chose to do.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2015, 10:35:15 pm »

Jake: :P I forget: are there hammers in this game?

NJW2000: OK, in hindsight I think I can see what you meant with "noobishly scummy". It's something along the lines of "Moonlit's so newbish he's coming off as scum" or something like that, right? You still haven't explained this line, by the way(or, if you have, I missed it):
you didn't say why you wouldn't wait until it was time for the votess to be counted to judge his actions.

IC every time, how would a noob help? Ever?
Let's take a look at Saintdraze's play from (what I think is) his first game of mafia: BYOR 6.3. This looks like typical newb flailing, right? It's not. It was actually a gambit to make day 1 useless, as stated here. So yeah, a newb helped his faction.

Griffion:
This one you never followed up on after it was ignored:
How does the number of players heavily change the feel of the game?
Not that it was a hard-hitting question that you can expect high returns on, but you value your questions as your most important tool, so why would you ignore someone ignoring your question?
Ah, yeah, that question. I actually noticed that Moonlit had never answered that question, but I noticed it after I had posted an EBWOP to this post. Had I noticed while I was posting the EBWOP, I would've continued up on it, but I didn't think that the question was important enough for another EBWOP, so I decided to wait until Moonlit had replied...in which I forgot about it. Like a complete and total idiot. As that question was mainly there to get the conversation rolling, and the conversation was already rolling by the time I noticed that Moonlit had not replied to it, I guess it just slipped my mind.
Because they are an IC, obviously.
Nope, entirely premeditated.
That was sarcasm, right?

I agree with your assessment, I find it amusing because they are supposed to be the people who are the "good" players, corralling and trying to keep the newer players active and hunting.  I highly doubt it is in any way indicative of their alignment, just ironic.
Well, Persus did mention that he wasn't going to be as active as he had liked. The ICs (and some of the other quieter players too, probably) are probably bogged down with real life shtuff.

Also, I get that you feel like fillipk's scum partner question was irrelevant (and you're right, it's not exactly the most important question), but a question is far better than nothing. Heck, even RVS, as horrid as it may be, is still better than nothing.

Moonlit:
One vote isn't much pressure, you can tell by the way Griffionday responded to my post. So the whole point I voted for him, is that someone's already voting for him. He seems to be lurking however, and he was on today at 1 o'clock pm or something.
...huh. Interesting way to pressure vote.
Filipk: Similar to Frostmoon, I thought the whole point was to double up votes, because if everyone's voting for a different person, how exactly does a single vote that has no chance of getting them lynched apply pressure?
Hmm. What do you think of three people pressure voting one person during day 1 RVS? Four? Is there a point where the multiple votes stop adding pressure and are instead redundant and a waste of a vote?

Uh, Everyone, what exactly does a scum IC do?
...huh. I...think this is what's called a "townslip". I...huh. (That, or NQT's inactive in the scum chat. I guess that's possible, too.)

Frostmoon: You've disappeared for a while. What do you think of the interactions between Griffionday and NJW2000?
Sorry, I had school to deal with. As for Griffion and NJW, I...honestly didn't see them interact much. I'm probably missing stuff though. Why Griffion and NJW? Griffion seemed pretty focused on fillipk, actually, instead.

fillipk:
so as to that @Everyone would you rather be scum partners with an IC or a newb and why?

I would rather have an IC because they are better and less likely to get caught and therefore more likely to win for me.
It...depends on the game, actually. I mean, on a general note, I'd love to have an IC as my scumbuddy, as they'd probably be more reasonable and are just generally better than me, but in this particular Beginner's Mafia, the ICs have been rather inactive, and I don't think a lot of people would be willing to replace in for them, as most of the other (as in, not playing  this game) experienced players seem to be rather busy. (That, my friends, was a looooot of commas. Wow.) In other words, while they're probably not as good, the newbies have (generally) been more active. That, and I believe that all of the players here have played at least one game of mafia before, making them not complete and total newbies. 
 Do you think that one of the ICs is scum? Do you think that both ICs (dear Cthulhu) are scum? What were you trying to get from that question?

Persus: Umm, NJW explained his(?) reasoning for posting me in these two posts.

tntey:
Also, keep me alive until tommorow, and I might help you town.
...interesting thing to say. Wouldn't scum claim the same thing, though? Especially since you said this after what, one RVS vote and one serious vote?

Everyone: By the way, I'm a girl. :3 I think I saw someone referring to me as a guy, so I just want to get this out. :3 Also, extend; we're not really getting that far, and I believe that we're heading towards a no lynch right now, which is not good.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:11 pm »

Jake: :P I forget: are there hammers in this game?
Frostmoon: There are no hammers in this setup.

Votecount:
*Frostmoon - NJW2000 (1)
*Griffionday - (1)
*NJW2000 - (0)
*tntey - DoctorMcTaalik, fillipk (2)
*fillipk - The Moonlit Shadow (1)
*DoctorMcTaalik - (0)
*The Moonlit Shadow - (0)
*Kilakan - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Frostmoon, tntey, Kilakan, Griffionday, and Persus13

Extension requests: 1/4 (Frostmoon)
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends in 24 hours, at 9:00 PM PST Thursday, September 10th.  There are two extensions available.

Kilakan has been sent his 48 hour warning.  If he does not post within 24 hours, he will be up for replacement.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18