Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mercantile (40K SG)  (Read 1958 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Mercantile (40K SG)
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:22:36 am »

WELCOME TO HIVE GOTHAS.

In the Hive world of Gothas, crime is the way of life. No other way is imaginable, tolerable or desired. While other, more 'noble' people would balk and scorn those who run Gothas as weak-willed, lazy and corrupt, the Goths would argue that their way kept the people strong, vigilant, and powerful, and ensure that those in power earned their way to power, and were strong enough to remain in power.

Indeed, for thousands of years Gothas has been, outwardly at least, a cesspool of crime and terror. From the Goths' point of view, they were liberated, free and ensured that they would never be weak. All were happy. Except you. The injustice of it all has suddenly been imparted unto you, and you see the crime and corruption for what it is: crime and corruption.

All you want is to rid yourself of Gothas. If it means getting enough Thrones to pay for a voidship, finding and funding a place to hide yourself from the evil, or even, hopefully, be powerful enough to remake Gothas into a respectable planet of the Imperium, you would do anything. And what better way to make money than to beat your fellow Goths' at their own game: illicit trade.

Spoiler: CRIMINAL RECORD (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trade Ledger (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Mercantile (40K SG)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:32:14 am »

Just saw this

Judas
Males

B. Exiled from a death cult
C. Servant Quarters at Nobles Spire
F. Planetary Succesion (Why else would I pick C for the last one? The closer to power the better)

Finally, B and C. Deathseller sounds cool and so does Arbites. I imagine the deathseller sells weaponry right? We'll build up our power small then create a huge mob familly that will find and kill all other mob lords in one night..sorta like in the Godfather movie.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:42:43 am »

A deathseller sells death, like a mercenary or assassin. Deathdealer was already taken :p
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:52:43 am »

Spoiler: Heretek? Heretek. (click to show/hide)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 11:40:00 am »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 11:53:10 am »

+1

+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 01:57:20 pm »

+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 11:14:16 pm »

You are Kami Itulri, suspected heretek in hiding aboard the World Serpent, a defensive satellite orbiting Hive World Gothas. Your one and only wish is to hop onto the next voidship and leave the sector for good, but you come to face a problem: funds and friends. Not just anyone can decide to leave out of the blue, you'll need money, and you'll need contacts.

But that'll be something the future will provide. What the present provides is the Holy Venom, an imperial cult living on and maintaining the World Serpent satellite, and the Black Fangs, a mutant clan hiding in the maintenance shafts. These two small but significant groups are under your debt and command.

The Holy Venom deal with the procurement, maintenance and selling of weaponry, as well as overseeing the 'disappearance' of heretical artifacts from Ecclesiarchy records. The Black Fangs specialize in stealing illegal tech from the colossal satellite and its innumerable horde of tech.

Your close friend and business partner, Judas the technomagos artisan, assists you in creating unique technomantic marvels. His skill is unmatched in the entire sector, and his unique assets have proved invaluable to you. He retains a 40% cut of profits for each of his works sold.

Rumor has it that a voidship jumping to a neighboring sector will arrive in a year or so. The cost of the tickets alone is about a million Thrones, possibly more. You'll also need to have those in charge of boarding be friendly to you or owe you. Who those may be, you don't know yet. But what you do know, is that you'll leave this horrible planet, Emperor damn them all!

Spoiler: Goods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Employees (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 12:49:45 am »

How can we raise the cash, welll herws what i have come up with.

A Mutant bank robbery anyone?
Sell weapon to gangsters, maybe raid a PDF armoury for more weapons.
Illegal bionic dealing.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 05:45:28 am »

How can we raise the cash, welll herws what i have come up with.

A Mutant bank robbery anyone?
Sell weapon to gangsters, maybe raid a PDF armoury for more weapons.
Illegal bionic dealing.

Sure.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 07:01:02 am »

PTW

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 09:32:53 am »

We're hiding on a defense satelite, there aren't any banks. Raiding an armory onboard a defense satelite is basically suicidal as well.

Have the Holy Venom look for buyers for our merchandise.

Have the Black Fangs look for a juicy target to steal tech from.

Anything else?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 09:48:40 am »

I was thinking that we do all those thing down the planet below.
Have the Holy Venom look for buyers for our merchandise.
Have the Black Fangs look for a juicy target to steal tech from.

Anything else?
+1 to that

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 06:53:53 am »

Read those grimoires.