Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Aira Plays Blightfall: My new LP on Youtube - Custom Music! Shaders! Good Times!  (Read 19470 times)

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The botania and blood magic parts don't need you to go far into those mods, the hardest part would be killing the guy in the tower which I think is needed to open the dark one quest line and get the self sacrifice dagger. You don't need to upgrade the altar. The Botania part can be done with items you should already know where to find. The infusion altar is the most involved bit.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

New episode is up! This session ended up being too long, so here's the first half, and the second half will be up later this week.

https://youtu.be/bAdQhnmwZh0

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

"I'm gonna kill you chicken, sooner than you think."  Made my day.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Episode 6! https://youtu.be/6MjkK64cFdc

In this one, I show you how to shortcut to an iron pick without having to make bronze or find ouroclase.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was fun.  I enjoy these, keep 'em coming.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Glad you're enjoying it! I plan to film at least one more episode this weekend and get it uploaded (hopefully) on Tuesday...

I plan to do some strip mining in the swamp to get enough ouroclase for a set of armor (since it's actually quite powerful) then make some weapons and go exploring!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Good episode.

You may want to consider some javelins for general purpose use. They're both ranged and melee weapons, so versatile if you're not planning on doing any major fighting and just want some protection. A crossbow is probably one of the best ranged weapons to make starting off, although I think you have to cast bolts which'll use up the last of your gold.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

I keep hearing votes for crossbow, so I will probably go that route. But before I make a weapon, I'll go do some serious strip mining in the swamp and hopefully get some more gold to work with.

Sorry I didn't get a new episode up yesterday. Busybusybusybusybusy... Still trying to find some time to make these videos. And I wanted to do NaNo this year too... We'll see if that ends up being even possible.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Episode 7 is up! This episode is about strip mining. This is, sadly, less sexy than it sounds.

https://youtu.be/xKMSeyhW6w0

This is the first part of another 2-part session. Second part will be up on Tuesday, barring any disasters. I'm going to try to record a few episodes over the weekend as well, and queue them up so that there will be at least one per week even if I get too busy to record.

Crossbow is the decision for a ranged weapon, but I still need a melee one. Right now I'm using an iron mattock, which gives +6 damage and can hold its own, but I wouldn't mind making a nice sword or something. Suggestions?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While the mining portion wasn't anything special, I still thought the video was enjoyable.  As for melee weapon, I'd go for a double-bit axe, but that's me.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Any other votes for melee weapons? No one is commenting on the video on Youtube so I suppose it may be up to you guys. Or I could just stick with Hacks (now upgraded to iron with +6 damage) for the time being and make a dedicated stabbity device later on.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know enough about the mod to make suggestions.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I wouldn't bother with an actual weapon unless it gave at least +8 damage, but like BigD145 I don't know enough to make an informed suggestion. Also I am enjoying this video series so far.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

OK, I can't seem to figure one thing out: what determines the size of a stack of bolts or arrows? The only thing I managed to find on google was that it's the "value" of the tip material... But what do they mean by value? I know the best metals will always make the best arrows, but out of the early to mid game materials, what's best for bolt tips? I just don't want to have to make too many stacks of bolts.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fletchings - Leaf gives you the most ammo, slimeleaf is second, then feather and then slime. Both colors of slime are equally terrible. Slimeleaf is generally preferred over leaf, since regular leaf give you stonebound which decreases damage as you expend ammo, and slimeleaf gives you jagged which does the opposite, but if you want the most ammo leaf is the way forward. Also, good luck getting a slime sapling from the supplier.

Both rod and tip have some impact on ammo count, tip seems to be more important.

Early game materials, bolts made with rods tipped in the same material, feather fletching:

promethium - 20
copper - 21
iron - 33
steel - 98
oureclasse - 98

So, ammo count goes up along the same lines as damage or mining level.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:10:11 pm by andrewas »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5