Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reborn- My Boulder Crabs finally hatched!  (Read 1227 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Reborn- My Boulder Crabs finally hatched!
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:29:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Took them almost a year, but still.  Unfortunately, they still refuse to spit out Flux Stone, making them rather pointless as an Embark animal :(  I'll be testing the Horned Cave Turtle next, hopefully it will make a better egg-laying option.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Reborn- My Boulder Crabs finally hatched!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:56:00 am »

They are the original DDD boulder crabs, with flux shells. Butcher them, get 1 flux. It wasnt good enough for me, so I added the ability to lay flux eggs in Masterwork. Havent done that in Reborn yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 06:03:59 pm »

Turtles are insane egg layers.  I've taken to just embarking with them for all my food/bone/leather needs...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 09:12:44 pm »

They are the original DDD boulder crabs, with flux shells. Butcher them, get 1 flux. It wasnt good enough for me, so I added the ability to lay flux eggs in Masterwork. Havent done that in Reborn yet.
Ah, good to know.

Turtles are insane egg layers.  I've taken to just embarking with them for all my food/bone/leather needs...
Lulz, I look forward to trying them.  Does the Horned Cave Turtle yield Chitin, or just Shell?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 11:48:39 am »

For me a grown turtle provides 1 shell and 4 scales.  Which is enough for a full set of armor.  I spent some time fixing the leather stuff though, I don't remember what happens in straight MDF.  I think the shell and scales are the same as standard leather...