Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Blightfall - someone broke the world plz fix  (Read 30665 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Blightfall - someone broke the world plz fix
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 10:03:02 am »

if server's acting up just drop me a pm chances are I'll be able to restart it up within five minutes.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 10:18:20 am »

This sounds like a pretty cool mod and server. I might be interested in joining if you will have a serial lurker that haven't posted in far too long like myself. How does server authentication work? Password? Whitelist? Password and whitelist ?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 10:23:20 am »

This sounds like a pretty cool mod and server. I might be interested in joining if you will have a serial lurker that haven't posted in far too long like myself. How does server authentication work? Password? Whitelist? Password and whitelist ?

Read the first post. ;)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:06 am »

How does server authentication work? Password? Whitelist? Password and whitelist ?

honor system. you get the ip, you're free to come and go. I'll take action to protect the server as I see fit if needed be.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 12:57:23 pm »

I'm heading on for a bit now, in case anyone wants to join me. Frustrated with trying to record my next episode (my new microphone is somehow even worse than my headset and I'll have to return it) so hell with it, I'm just going to play for fun for a while!

EDIT: Got disconnected when I tried to teleport down to the planet, and now it times out when I try to reconnect. Server kerplode maybe?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:01:37 pm by Sappho »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »

restarted!

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 03:23:56 pm »

Read the first post. ;)

Right, my bad. Thanks!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »

Putnam and I are getting a good start. I have to go to bed now (work in the morning) but I'll try to get on again tomorrow. So far I've just started setting up Delta Biodome to be habitable: there's a small farm and a couple of trees, basic work tables and furnace, and I've started to mine (found a mine shaft already, got the easy stuff and came back out). I have soft metal-level tools. Left some useful stuff looted from nearby nice places in a chest. I do think this should be a cooperative effort, not competitive, so I left most of the useful stuff there in case someone else wants to share Delta with me. I also paid a visit to Putnam in Beta - he has a smeltery going already. I suggest we make that our one smeltery rather than wasting materials on building multiples.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 05:38:34 pm »

Got the mod up and running and managed to connect. So far so good.

Too late to play tonight, though. Any suggestions for starting dome for tomorrow?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 06:11:39 pm »

I think we need to get more RAM for this server. To quote Putnam, it's like Groundhog's day right now.

eh, throw all I could at the server. only way around would be to tear down the ksp and factorio servers, but I don't know how much those are going to be used. especially factorio which is on the way to become stable and will see a renaissance shortly probably

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »

Tried playing earlier. Lag is a nightmare. Such are the perks of living in bumfuckville, I suppose.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 07:58:33 pm »

What's the current population and development of the various domes like? Or is everything already linked to the point that choice of team isn't relevant? Trying to figure out where I could be useful.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 12:11:57 am »

What's the current population and development of the various domes like? Or is everything already linked to the point that choice of team isn't relevant? Trying to figure out where I could be useful.

I'm the only one in Delta, and I think Putnam is the only one in Beta (which is far more advanced than Delta). We're not linked much yet. I did take a boat over to Beta, but that's as far as I got - and each player will have to unlock the teleporters for themselves. No idea if anyone has done anything in Alpha yet, and I think the other domes are still unoccupied. We both agreed it would be good to try to coordinate who builds what so we don't end up with ten smelteries or something, since the world is quite small, resources are limited, and we're all in this together, but we were the only 2 online and I'm still getting basics together.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 02:02:25 am »

so, about the lag. there was some severe lag when Leyc joined

> Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 11054ms behind, skipping 221 tick(s)

but the server seems to have recovered fine from the putnam&greatorder session, ram usage is back at resting condition, no memory exceptions are in the log and  when they played, the server never once spewd the can't keep up error.

need to check what happens when it lags as it does. could very well be the cpu being throttled if usage floors at 100% or could be network lag. how much bandwith does minecraft use anyway?

as an experiment I'd suggest to tune down a little rendering distance next time you experience smal (<2s) lag.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 05:18:17 am »

Went to Alpha, found it mostly untouched, so I set up farms and dug down to prometheum. Should anyone else go there, there's food in the chest by the silveroak and lots of stone in the chest in the underground workshop.

Didn't experience much lag aside from when I ported between Alpha and the ship. My bandwidth meter barely registered anything after the initial loading.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9