Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Blightfall - someone broke the world plz fix  (Read 30646 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blightfall - someone broke the world plz fix
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:05 am »

I haven't seen anyone else on the last week or so, is anyone else still playing? If I want to invite someone I know from outside B12, how should I do that? Ask them to sign up and ask for the IP themselves or can I just give it to them?

I have a suspicion that the server has encountered some bug with the thaumcraft infused stone. Seemingly all order infused stone has become entropy stone. See this screenshot I took just now and compare it to the order infused stone on this page. To me it seems like that stone should be order infused, but it drops entropy shards instead. Entropy shards also seems to be more common than the other types, so that also hints at that the order stone has become entropy stone somehow. I'm unsure about what to to, if there's anything that can be done.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2015, 12:45:09 pm »

I'll be back soon. Bogged down with work. Had to waste my entire Saturday traveling to another city to deliver a useless seminar to 15 uninterested people, and all day today I've been preparing my lesson plans and materials for my first day of classes with my primary school students tomorrow... But hopefully I'll find time to play during the week, and if not, then next weekend.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2015, 03:58:49 pm »

You are all free to invite anyone you trust. Just post here their Minecraft usernames so I know the full chain of trust.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2015, 05:22:25 pm »

Can I join? minecraft name is Djohaal.

Sappho, what is your shader combo for blightfall? I wanna see pretty things too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:32:45 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2015, 12:24:08 am »

All the lighting mods I use are linked to in the descriptions of my videos on Youtube. I don't remember off the top of my head and no time to check just now. However, I don't recommend using a shader pack on the multiplayer server. It makes the game much more difficult - darkness is *really* dark, and it's dark far more often. It gives you a huge disadvantage compared with everyone else. I always disable them when I go on the server.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »

But it is so.. pretty!

Anyway I teleported to the delta site but I'm tempted to try the life as a undersea dome-hermit.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2015, 06:14:24 am »

i ain't been on cuz i moved and now i'm on wireless internet with a minimum latency of ~1 second

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2015, 04:11:29 pm »

So, delta now has an EM network up and running, which makes storage a lot easier and more convenient. Integrated into the EM network is also essentia storage and it will automatically supply whatever essentia the alchemical construct needs, as long as it is available. The alchemical furnace and alembic will deposit all distilled essence in the network as they are currently set up.

The network requires power, however, and is currently running on a nuclear reactor below delta. It uses yellorite ingots as fuel, so any yellorite found is greatly appreciated.

At some point I want to get a similar essentia device set up for the infusion altar, but I lack the required thaumcraft research currently.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2015, 05:17:23 pm »

Okay, yeah, I forgot to ask about where we would set up the ME essentia but I guess that's handled now

and yeah ME storage for essentia for infusion is amazing

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2015, 09:48:42 am »

I finally have time to play, and the server seems to be down. :( Also, will the server be updated? There's a new version out today.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2015, 10:09:08 am »

server's back up. will post here after I get a chance of updating it.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2015, 10:53:34 am »

I've experienced that when trying to log in after a long time of no one (presumably) being on, the server crashes. It then restarts after a few minutes (again presumably) due to the restart script.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2015, 11:02:16 am »

Just spent some more time mining. Seems to be the only useful thing I know how to do... I took a look at that EM stuff and I feel like a caveman trying to operate the Mars rover. How did you guys learn how to use that stuff anyway? Is it all in the Thaumonomicon? Did you watch/read a tutorial somewhere? I would need someone to go through it with me and teach me how it works. For now I'm afraid to touch it. So I went mining, found some good stuff (bunch of diamonds, some deep iron, and a few blocks of yellorite ore). Dropped most of the ores in Beta at the smeltery (that area needs more blooms, by the way - the taint is creeping in) and the stuff I thought might be useful at Delta I put in the chest in the little Thaumcraft library area (including the yellorite).

Can we start producing more blooms now? Or is it time to make totems of dawn? I've seen them made on LP videos, but I don't know how to get all the essentia (and as I said, I don't want to touch the automated stuff without a walkthrough).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2015, 03:36:42 pm »

FYI cloud provider control panel is locked up and timeouts request, hope server stays up, if it dies I'm unable to do anything atm.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2015, 04:34:02 pm »

Just spent some more time mining. Seems to be the only useful thing I know how to do... I took a look at that EM stuff and I feel like a caveman trying to operate the Mars rover. How did you guys learn how to use that stuff anyway? Is it all in the Thaumonomicon? Did you watch/read a tutorial somewhere? I would need someone to go through it with me and teach me how it works. For now I'm afraid to touch it. So I went mining, found some good stuff (bunch of diamonds, some deep iron, and a few blocks of yellorite ore). Dropped most of the ores in Beta at the smeltery (that area needs more blooms, by the way - the taint is creeping in) and the stuff I thought might be useful at Delta I put in the chest in the little Thaumcraft library area (including the yellorite).

Can we start producing more blooms now? Or is it time to make totems of dawn? I've seen them made on LP videos, but I don't know how to get all the essentia (and as I said, I don't want to touch the automated stuff without a walkthrough).

Don't feel useless! The ME network seems a lot more complicated at first glance than it actually is. I used [urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjrMS4EhBEU]this[/url]tutorial, which explains the basics pretty well. If you have any questions after that, I'f be happy to answer to the best of my ability. For just using it, it works as a very large chest that can be accessed from any of the terminals connected to the network. It also includes essentia storage that is hooked up to the alchemical construct and will supply it with any needed essentia.

The next task is to gather 10 ethereal blooms for the a quest in the paranormalist section of the quest book. It takes 10 blooms and gives 20 as a reward, so it doubles our blooms once, which is pretty neat. Then it's on to building dawn totems and eventually the dawn machine. Personally I also want to experiment a bit with some other mods but that's more out of being curious about how they work rather than directly contributing to cleaning the planet.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9